Quadratec Stealth Light Bar with Sky One Touch

Hoote

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
All I have is a picture of the trim after it was cut and after I put some rubber on it. I don’t have a picture of it with the light installed. Also I had to use a quick drying glue to get the trim to stay on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Stealth Light Bar with Sky One Touch 3D3822B7-A3F6-43AE-933B-C1DE8772F27B

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Stealth Light Bar with Sky One Touch 02797995-2AAD-48B2-8AE3-CBDD64280FDA

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Stealth Light Bar with Sky One Touch C88367FC-EA4B-4069-AC9B-7A6E4F88C19C
Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
OK FWIW

I have the Stealth light bar but not the one touch. One thing that is never mentioned in reviews is the loss of visibility. I'm only 5-7 but I still find myself scrunching down at intersections so that I can see the traffic signals. (My seat is in it's lowest position.) Not an issue on the highway, but around town, I'm not super thrilled.

The white lights work well at night on the trail and give MUCH better visibility. The amber, not so much but they make my jeep much easier to see during the day. I usually take a Tail Gunner position and turn on the ambers during the day so that the group leader can easily spot the last jeep in his/her group.

INSTALLATION TIP:

So when I first installed it, I tried really hard to get it tight to the windshield. But I failed and it leaked light all over my dash. So I ordered a different trim with a longer lip/flap. When that arrived I swapped out the rubber trim and tried again.

Nope, still light leaking through.

Then I took a better / closer look at the brackets that hold it on. They have a step in the middle of them but overall, they are 90 degree brackets. I bent them open so that they were about 110 degrees. When I bolted the light bar back on, the bent brackets pushed it right up to the windshield nicely and I have zero light leakage. I believe that if I had bent the brackets from the start, it would have fit tightly to the windshield with the stock rubber trim.

Hope this helps someone.

Hoote

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Interesting. I never thought of bending that bracket to adjust how the light fits. Also, I noticed that the light projects not so much forward and down, but forward and up. It’s great if you want to see things that are generally at the top of the jeep and above, but it’s not so good for ground level on the trail. To remedy this I installed some pod lights at the front of my jeep and now I have a really good flood beam with the quadratec light and a good spot beam with my pod lights. So maybe bending that bracket will point the beam more towards the ground?

Teneski

First Name
Teneski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Unlimited Mojito MOAB
Occupation
Entreperneur
Still hoping someone will post pictures of the modifications to the trim piece and of the actual light installed for either the mPower or Quadratrec light in a sky one touch model.
Sponsored