Quadratec Stealth Light Bar with Sky One Touch

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
I realize that the stealth light bar is not compatible with the sky one touch. I bought it not reading the print on the bottom.

Is there anyway of making it work?

Any other interior light bars?
Sponsored

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
From the review section on Quadratec:

"This light is awesome. Keeps the Jeep nice and sleek. I'm not a fan of outer light bars. Not compatible for Sky Top. However I made it work with my sky top. You need 4 bolts( I used the bolts from the OEM steel bumper end caps. Remove and cut 1.5in from the cover above the sun visors(move wires out of the way before cutting). Mount light bar according to the directions. Reinstall cover. I have no bleeding light or glare coming into the cab. "

Let me know how you like the light, I love the idea of keeping it in the cabin.

OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel

"This light is awesome. Keeps the Jeep nice and sleek. I'm not a fan of outer light bars. Not compatible for Sky Top. However I made it work with my sky top. You need 4 bolts( I used the bolts from the OEM steel bumper end caps. Remove and cut 1.5in from the cover above the sun visors(move wires out of the way before cutting). Mount light bar according to the directions. Reinstall cover. I have no bleeding light or glare coming into the cab. "

I think I can make it work but hate to cut into the trim and leave it looking unfinished.

Last edited:
OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel

I installed it...partially. I just need to remove the plastic top windshield molding in the car and determine where and how much to cut. I got busy and left it not cut but installed the light bar. It can definitely be done. My only complaint is light leakage which many have complained about that I intend on fixing with thin weather stripping. Removing that plastic molding is a pain in the a$$ and knowing how much to cut and where to notch it. It does look good though and the light is bright. I worry about creaks and rattles so thats the next thing to look for once I start driving it.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Do you guys have any pics of the project?

Sponsored

OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Do you guys have any pics of the project?

I will take pics this weekend. The only thing that is different is the molding. I also bought t40 torx bolts from the dealer, some black anodized washers for the bolts holding the light bar and weather stripping. The only question is how much of the plastic to cut with the dremel to make it fit against the light bar. There are some wires that are taped to the molding that need to be moved.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I will take pics this weekend. The only thing that is different is the molding. I also bought t40 torx bolts from the dealer, some black anodized washers for the bolts holding the light bar and weather stripping. The only question is how much of the plastic to cut with the dremel to make it fit against the light bar. There are some wires that are taped to the molding that need to be moved.
Ok cool, THANK YOU. Just want to know how bad a project it will be hacking into a 2021 with low miles.

Hoote

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Did you get a chance to take the pictures? Can you post them?

Sliverfoxbox

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler high altitude
Has anyone done this mod yet. I recently purchased mine as well but haven’t seen anyone else install with the skyone

Hoote

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’ve done it. Send me a PM and I can share what I was shown.

Sponsored

Hoote

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This is from another forum member who was kind enough to help me with mine.

Its a pain but you can make it work. So the difference between our top molding and the other people without the sky one touch is the cut out where the latches for the freedom top are. So if you take the top molding off you can see the two pre drilled holes where the bracket attaches. All you have to do is go to the dealer and buy 4 t40 torx bolts to put in them. There is already a nut in it and no drilling is required. The pain part comes from cutting into the molding itself. You have to cut a portion out from the molding to accommodate for the light bar which takes up the space. I bought some special weather stripping to put on the end where it touches the light bar and it looks very professional. You have to also make cut outs for the latch. I had to cut measure install take off and repeat many times. It took me many hours. There is light leakage although not much no matter how flush the light bar is against the windshield. I got some fine weather stripping with adhesive and lined the bottom which solved the issue. Of note when you take the top molding off there are lots of clips and zip tied wires that have to be cut and re done. The clips are hard to align and put on. Im happy with how it came out but it was not easy. I priced the top molding incase I want to reverse it and its $500. So keep that in mind.

Do you have the ACC or non-ACC version of the light bar? I have The ACC version of the light bar but My Jeep does not have ECC. I’m wondering if I bought the non ACC version of the light bar if it would even fit or if the rearview mirror is in a different location than a jeep with ACC.

Weather stripping:

EPDM Rubber Trim
1/8" Wide x 1/4" High Inside, 10 Feet Long
https://www.mcmaster.com/8693K18/

you could also use this https://www.mcmaster.com/8507K16/

you may need to cut more to accommodate for the stripping.

After you install it it may still leak light in the cabin and you could use an adhesive stripping at the bottom where the light bar attaches to the windshield. I found it on amazon will find and attach that link too.

Attachments

Like Quote Reply

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Amazing job!!!

Teneski

First Name
Teneski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Unlimited Mojito MOAB
Occupation
Entreperneur
This is from another forum member who was kind enough to help me with mine.

Its a pain but you can make it work. So the difference between our top molding and the other people without the sky one touch is the cut out where the latches for the freedom top are. So if you take the top molding off you can see the two pre drilled holes where the bracket attaches. All you have to do is go to the dealer and buy 4 t40 torx bolts to put in them. There is already a nut in it and no drilling is required. The pain part comes from cutting into the molding itself. You have to cut a portion out from the molding to accommodate for the light bar which takes up the space. I bought some special weather stripping to put on the end where it touches the light bar and it looks very professional. You have to also make cut outs for the latch. I had to cut measure install take off and repeat many times. It took me many hours. There is light leakage although not much no matter how flush the light bar is against the windshield. I got some fine weather stripping with adhesive and lined the bottom which solved the issue. Of note when you take the top molding off there are lots of clips and zip tied wires that have to be cut and re done. The clips are hard to align and put on. Im happy with how it came out but it was not easy. I priced the top molding incase I want to reverse it and its $500. So keep that in mind.

Do you have the ACC or non-ACC version of the light bar? I have The ACC version of the light bar but My Jeep does not have ECC. I’m wondering if I bought the non ACC version of the light bar if it would even fit or if the rearview mirror is in a different location than a jeep with ACC.

Weather stripping:

EPDM Rubber Trim
1/8" Wide x 1/4" High Inside, 10 Feet Long
https://www.mcmaster.com/8693K18/

you could also use this https://www.mcmaster.com/8507K16/

you may need to cut more to accommodate for the stripping.

After you install it it may still leak light in the cabin and you could use an adhesive stripping at the bottom where the light bar attaches to the windshield. I found it on amazon will find and attach that link too.

Attachments

Like Quote Reply
Any pictures of the final install, especially of the area that you cut? I have talked to the one of the engineers this past August that builds these for Quadratec and he said there is interest for a version to fit the Sky Top but when that might be is uncertain. Their main business is lighting for police and first responders. I'm impatient and prefer not to wait for "when ever". Thanks in advance!
Sponsored