Sponsored

Quadratec Stealth light bar review?

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Appealing concept as it doesn’t kill the already abysmal aerodynamics. And has both colors? Now if you can just program it to sequence.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Here’s a video of it being used on a channel I follow on the tube. He even briefly shows how to install it. Thinking about getting once I’m ready to blow that kind of money.

OP
OP
ghorman

ghorman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Here’s a video of it being used on a channel I follow on the tube. He even briefly shows how to install it. Thinking about getting once I’m ready to blow that kind of money.

thanks watching it now...

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Great video.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Apparently they are working on making a 2pc using the same concept. Looking forward to see what they come up with

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Would have been better had they shown the light capacity without the headlights on! I would like to see how much light it throws on it's own!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
watch this one

Hey Thanks for that!!!
It's a great idea but I'm not seeing that much of an improvement over headlights! There does not seem to be a lot of light being generated by the overhead (albeit the reflection coming in)...I guess for the money and the benefits of it being on the interior it is worthwhile.
Seems super easy to install but I think I may hold off till something possibly brighter comes out. Could be my expectations are too high! I really like Quadratec...so it might be my expectations.

Sponsored

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Still very overpriced in my honest opinion

M1911a1fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU RUBICON , 2021 JT MOJAVE
Occupation
BMW Service Director
I installed one in my JLU a couple of months ago. It was a straight forward install, it was actually fun to do. Watch the video from Quadratec. I have a dual top option so I like to go thru the car wash when I have the hard top on (all 8 months of winter here in Michigan) with the light bar inside it's not a concern any more if the car wash is going to damage it. It's a really cool set up. It doesn't take up too much of the windshield. The only negative things I can say are you may have to duck a little to see a stop light that's hanging over your front bumper, not the ones across the intersection and there is a good amount of light that shines down your dash if you don't "fit" it perfectly. To fit it perfectly, I recommend doing the final adjustments at night with the white light on. You'll see the best results in the dark. The pros out number the cons big time. It's super bright and the amber light works great in fog and snow. the look is OEM and no wind noise like the outside ones. I get all kinds of compliments from fellow Jeepers. I couldn't be happier with it and Quadratec's customer service and shipping is top notice.

gogetgriff

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Moab (Ocean Blue)
This is great. I love the stealth look, I suppose I don't know what to compare it to since I've never owned a light bar.

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I’m not a fan. The output is just meh and if you’re taller than 5’9”, you’ll be hunched over trying to see under it. The windshield is already pretty slim. This thing makes it feel like you’re driving an IED Sniffer, looking out through a slit.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I’m not a fan. The output is just meh and if you’re taller than 5’9”, you’ll be hunched over trying to see under it. The windshield is already pretty slim. This thing makes it feel like you’re driving an IED Sniffer, looking out through a slit.
i agree with you about the output. in that video, i wasnt sure if the light bar was lighting up the trail or it was mostly the front light that are mounted on the bumper. i'm not sure either if i like taking more space to an already short window. i think it will drive me nuts when i pull up to a traffic light and have to hunch over and cran your neck up to see the traffic light.
Sponsored