Quadratec sent me a winch by mistake!

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Thanks for looking out for me, but @Quadratec did reward me for my honesty. Savanna was very apologetic, and appreciative. I wasn't going to post about what she did for me because I guess I didn't want to boast about it. I am glad you ordered a winch from them. It seems like a lot of people really like them.
I’m calling it — They told you to keep the winch anyway, didn’t they??!!! 😳

You lucky, honest dog!!! 😈

You better post pics once you install it! 😉

BIGW0RM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor // 22 M3 Comp X // 20 RRS
Ive been trying to contact them for 2 days now!!! No phone number. Chat doesn't work. I sent a PM earlier today. Im trying to buy some wheels from them. But this thread and there lack of sales support sure don't give me much confidence.

EDIT: found there 800 number buried in the site. Calling them now.

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
I know you were joking, but this is a huge pet peeve of mine; firing employees who make a big mistake like this.

IMO, this employee is now nearly irreplaceable - most likely, he/she will NEVER make a mistake of this magnitude again. In fact, they'll probably go through great pains to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Once I train an employee why would I rather train another?

Sponsored

Muel_In_MN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Sport, 73 cj5
Occupation
Computer nerd
I ordered a front & rear bumper from extreme terrain. They sent me 2 rears and 1 front. Told them & ups came to get it. Not even a thank you for not stealing it

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
I ordered a front & rear bumper from extreme terrain. They sent me 2 rears and 1 front. Told them & ups came to get it. Not even a thank you for not stealing it
I am very sorry we didn't say thank you! That was very rude of us, and for that I would like to thank you for letting us know and being honest with us!

I greatly appreciate it personally!

Thank you so much!

Savanna

Last edited:

StardogGT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Cobra, '04 F250 Diesel, '16 Focus ST, '21 JLUR
Ordered 5 caliper bolts so that I could mount front calipers and have 1 for a spare. Got 1 bolt. They said they would see what the manufacturer says. Like...I ordered and paid for 5 bolts and they sent me 1. The paperwork shows I paid for 5. And it shows that they sent 1. What is there to talk about? Pretty annoying. Hopefully they will get their stuff together. In the mean time, I think I will stick with other places. Northridge just went way out of their way to correct an issue that wasn't their fault in any way shape or form (bad Dana parts). I think they might be my go-to. Hopefully Qtec is just dealing with some growing pains.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am very sorry we didn't say thank you! That was very rude of us, and for that I would like to thank you for letting us know and being honest with us!

I greatly appreciate it personally!

Thank you so much!

Savanna
? 🤷‍♂️ ? huh?

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec sent me a winch by mistake! 1669689705806

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant more that it looks like Qtec is apologizing for ET’s mistake… 🤷‍♂️

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
One expensive mis-ship is a mistake. Two is someone lazy or pissed screwing around. This? This sounds like a LOT of expensive mistakes at Quadratec that someone would have been at least corrected for and at worst fired for by now. Almost sounds like a sort of money laundering somehow... but maybe I'm watching too much Ozark.
I don't know how other warehouses are but years ago I worked in the Kroger grocery warehouse. When you're listening to your order sheet get read to you one item at a time, as you complete them they just tell you whatever warehouse code they have for it. For example P37. You don't know what the item is until you load it up. You also dont know who it is for. You could get an order for seven winches. You dont know if it is for a store or if there was an error and it is supposed to be one wheel, or winch etc. We also couldn't go back to it. So if we acknowledged it, or said something to make it seem like we acknowledged, it would go on to the next product.

Warehouse work sucks and I would never go back to doing it.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I meant more that it looks like Qtec is apologizing for ET’s mistake… 🤷‍♂️
Ha! I didn’t even catch that. My original comment still stands though 😜

To be fair Quadratech does have a pretty sad reputation for customer service. I personally have never had an issue, but have seen enough complaints to believe it’s a real thing.

StardogGT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Cobra, '04 F250 Diesel, '16 Focus ST, '21 JLUR
I can't even cancel my order because they keep going back and can't decide if it is shipped or backordered. 😆 Those guys do not have their ish together. Would not recommend.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Wife’s co-worker ordered a 30 inch light bar for his FJ on Black Friday from a well known off-road online and offline retailer and Thursday afternoon it arrived and they sent him a case of 6. His credit card statement states one purchase of $139 from the company. Absolutely insane.
Sponsored