Quadratec Pre-Runner Lights Questions

Anthony120

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR 2-door
Today I installed the Quadratec pre-runner light kit and noticed the lights do not stay on when the vehicle is on. They only seem to illuminate when the headlight dial is changed to parking lights, second from the left. Is this normal? I have a factory halogen JL but swapped out to LED DRLs which are controlled via Tazer.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Today I installed the Quadratec pre-runner light kit and noticed the lights do not stay on when the vehicle is on. They only seem to illuminate when the headlight dial is changed to parking lights, second from the left. Is this normal?
From what I can tell, that kit uses a harness that ties into the parking light circuit. Using that, they will only illuminate when you turn on the parking lights or headlights.

In order to have them turn on when the vehicle is running, you will need to tap into a switched ignition source.

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
For what it's worth, my Quadratec pre-runner lights work fine. No DRLs on my Sport, but the lights come on ok with the automatic headlights.

As an aside, I didn't like the way they install in the JL. It requires cutting into the plastic mesh behind the grill. The rubber grommet on the LED does not set into the cut opening very securely. My buddy did the install, and had to silicone the gromment in place. Also, the wires hang loosely behind the mesh. He added some zip ties to help. The JK version has a nice metal rack to keep everything in place. And leds themselves are set deeper into the grill for a cleaner, hidden look. Granted the JK and JL grill setups are very different.

20210601_111350.jpg
Sponsored