Sponsored

Quadratec or Extreme Terrain?

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
I'm looking for few items to have ready when my Willys arrives later this month. I have catalogs from these two companies and that's why I ask about them specifically. Is one better with customer service than the other in your experience.?
Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I’ve made several purchases from Quadratec, no issues. I think they have reasonable prices, shipping was fast. I haven’t needed to reach out to customer service yet, so I can’t comment on it.

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
I thought I saw some threads beating on Quadratec. I ordered some smaller stuff from them, no issues. shipping free over $49. They also have oem stuff..

MorningStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I’ve purchased several items from both companies and haven’t been disappointed with anything. Fast shipping and reasonable prices. I had to return some taillight covers from Quadratec and that was super easy. My fault for ordering the wrong covers so I had to pay to ship them back.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I've ordered from both, they're rather similar. I tend to lean towards Extreme Terrain but that could simply be because I ordered a back-ordered bumper through Quadratec and it took longer than expected to deliver. That's not their fault, I knew it was back-ordered from the onset.

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I've ordered from both in the past, haven't had a problem* with either.

Back in 2012 I had gotten something from XT and within a day or two the Aurora theater shooting happened just down the street from me. I received an email from someone at XT shortly after, I forget what it said but basically wishing me well and if there was anything they could do. I thought it was nice that someone there had realized I may have been impacted just due to proximity... they seem like good people (at least 10 years ago). It seemed personally written, not some automated system sending it out to everyone within an X mile radius of it. That sort of stuff is probably dumb, but it works on me. Here I am 10 years later still talking about it and how they employ good people.

Quadratec has never done me wrong. I might have a problem with them right now, but I've been pretty tolerant of it because I suspect it is outside of their control. I ordered a quadratec branded dead pedal on Sept. 12 and it hasn't shipped yet. At the time I ordered their website said it was backordered but if I ordered that day it was expected to ship by a certain date, I forget the date but it was either end of Sept. or beginning of Oct. I specifically didn't order it with their rubber pad because that pushed the backorder date out another week. Well... it just keeps getting pushed. I honestly quit looking for awhile now, but it was they'd push it a week, then another week, then another... I figure the delay is probably outside of quadratec's control, but they do keep setting an expectation and missing it so maybe that is something you'd like to be aware of, don't trust their dates on backordered items. I just looked, it's now saying expected ship date is Dec. 13. It's just a dead pedal, in the grand scheme of things I don't really care and they do send out their automated emails to me on a routine basis to let me know I'm not forgotten. But if this was something bigger, or something I needed to finish my project I'd probably be pretty ticked off with how they keep improperly setting my expectations. I do think these delays are outside of quadratec's control, but maybe they should not have even allowed me to place the order. Odds are I could have had a different branded one from Amazon a couple of months ago from someone who had it in stock if Quadratec either not allowed me to order or set a more appropriate expectation, like maybe I might get it in 2022 if I'm lucky. I know this sounds bitter, and I am a bit, but I also trust quadratec to get it to me as soon as they can. I'm also sure if I wanted to cancel with quadratec and order from somewhere else instead that would be a painless process. But I'm not at that point yet. But certainly had this been a different item, or something I needed, I'd be much more upset than I am.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Have had good experiences with both. I usually order from Quadratec because they have more products available and I have always had a good experience with them, including returns. Quadratec offers 5% discount to forum members. ET probably does too.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I've ordered from both in the past, haven't had a problem* with either.

Back in 2012 I had gotten something from XT and within a day or two the Aurora theater shooting happened just down the street from me. I received an email from someone at XT shortly after, I forget what it said but basically wishing me well and if there was anything they could do. I thought it was nice that someone there had realized I may have been impacted just due to proximity... they seem like good people (at least 10 years ago). It seemed personally written, not some automated system sending it out to everyone within an X mile radius of it. That sort of stuff is probably dumb, but it works on me. Here I am 10 years later still talking about it and how they employ good people.

Quadratec has never done me wrong. I might have a problem with them right now, but I've been pretty tolerant of it because I suspect it is outside of their control. I ordered a quadratec branded dead pedal on Sept. 12 and it hasn't shipped yet. At the time I ordered their website said it was backordered but if I ordered that day it was expected to ship by a certain date, I forget the date but it was either end of Sept. or beginning of Oct. I specifically didn't order it with their rubber pad because that pushed the backorder date out another week. Well... it just keeps getting pushed. I honestly quit looking for awhile now, but it was they'd push it a week, then another week, then another... I figure the delay is probably outside of quadratec's control, but they do keep setting an expectation and missing it so maybe that is something you'd like to be aware of, don't trust their dates on backordered items. I just looked, it's now saying expected ship date is Dec. 13. It's just a dead pedal, in the grand scheme of things I don't really care and they do send out their automated emails to me on a routine basis to let me know I'm not forgotten. But if this was something bigger, or something I needed to finish my project I'd probably be pretty ticked off with how they keep improperly setting my expectations. I do think these delays are outside of quadratec's control, but maybe they should not have even allowed me to place the order. Odds are I could have had a different branded one from Amazon a couple of months ago from someone who had it in stock if Quadratec either not allowed me to order or set a more appropriate expectation, like maybe I might get it in 2022 if I'm lucky. I know this sounds bitter, and I am a bit, but I also trust quadratec to get it to me as soon as they can. I'm also sure if I wanted to cancel with quadratec and order from somewhere else instead that would be a painless process. But I'm not at that point yet. But certainly had this been a different item, or something I needed, I'd be much more upset than I am.
I am on the same boat as you regarding dead pedal. It keeps getting pushed back. Like you said, it’s outside of their control. But yeah, they should have been more accurate with their expected delivery date. They told me mid November last time I spoke. I am having same delays with Northridge on a Trasharoo bag.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I ordered a quadratec branded dead pedal on Sept. 12 and it hasn't shipped yet. At the time I ordered their website said it was backordered but if I ordered that day it was expected to ship by a certain date, I forget the date but it was either end of Sept. or beginning of Oct. I specifically didn't order it with their rubber pad because that pushed the backorder date out another week. Well... it just keeps getting pushed.
That's exactly what happened to me when I got my Rival Full-Width Aluminum Bumper through Quadratec. I did get it eventually and other than the shipping delay being longer than initially stated all was fine.

I guess the lesson learned here is that Quadratec's expected shipping date for backordered items is optimistic.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bamabww

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
Just an update on my original post, I ordered from both companies online over the weekend and by the following Thursday had received everything I ordered. Very pleased with the shipping time and updated info both provided after my purchase.

Ordered from Quadratec: floor mats, cargo mat, sill protectors.

Ordered from Extreme Terrain; running board / steps.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I’m not a fan of Extreme Terrain. I ordered a bumper from them and it was damaged. Sent it back and the next one was damaged. They were quick to take both back, but never so much as a “sorry”. I had to eventually call them back a while later to have my the refund actually processed.

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
Extreme Terrain customer service has been awesome for me. One of their agents stayed on the phone with me for an hour searching for a part, that I wasn’t sure was made, and they found it. Also returns were no hassle and quick. I shop with them first after my customer service experience with them.
Sponsored