Quadratec JL Entry Guards~Superb!

1. blnewt

blnewt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
    Liked:
    #1 Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Shipped quick, simple install (just laid a strip of painters tape at one end after getting exact location, then stuck them down, because tape sticks so well you won't be able to readjust).
    Better coverage than the Mopar guards & look perfect w/ my Mopar side step pattern)
    Great job Quadratec!
    https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/custom-fit-entry-guards-jeep-wrangler-jl
    https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/custom-fit-entry-guards-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door

100_4049.JPG

Peeperz likes this.
  2. Quadratec

Quadratec Well-Known Member
    Summit Sponsor (Level 3)

Vehicle(s):
    CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
    Liked:

That looks great! Glad to hear that it was a quick and easy install for you!

Thank you and have a great day,
    Hailey

blnewt likes this.
  3. Dansjeep

Dansjeep Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    JLUR
    Liked:
    I heard where the sill guard ends, it ends up pushing out the weather stripping to the point that you can now see daylight from inside the car and if you get your jeep submerge past the bottom of the door water will be a huge issue.

Was this problem fixed or is there a better install instructions to prevent this.

Only thing I have heard it you need to modify the guards a little but who wants to pay 60$ on guards that you have to cut. also some said you have to really mash it in when you install but some are still have problems mashing in for a better seal.

Quadratec could you please respond to this with update info or a solution other than cutting.

Thank you
    Dan

4. Quadratec

Quadratec Well-Known Member
    Summit Sponsor (Level 3)

Vehicle(s):
    CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
    Liked:

Hey Dan,

So with our door entry guards we designed them to cover more of the door sill for protection. The Mopar ones are a little smaller. So what you can do if you want to try ours you can do a soft install so put them on the door will and tape the front and back down with some painters tape close the door and see if it is if you like how it sits.

Here are some comparisons below in the photos that you can take a look at.

Here is the Quadratec version:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/custom-fit-entry-guards-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door

Quadratec-Front-%26-Rear-Entry-Guard-Set-JL-Installed-Driver-Side-Inlay_0.jpg

Here is the Mopar:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/black-door-sill-guards-wrangler-jl-4-door

Mopar_82215394_Black_Door_Sill_Guards_Front_Rear_Install.jpg

We do have a 30 day return policy if you try it and do not like it you can return them for a refund.

Have a great day,
    Hailey

HoundDude likes this.
  5. Andy2434

Andy2434 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle(s):
    '19 Billet JLU Rubicon (SARGE), '20 Mustang GT Prem/M6/PP1/MR
    Liked:
    Retired/Leisure
    Have had my Quadratec entry guards on since the preorder purchase.

I think that they afford the best coverage and protection compared to what is available, currently. Yes, the was a small gap at the front edge of the door sill, which did emit light. However, based on another forum member’s experiment, I used a small amount of coaxial tape above the lead edge of the entry guard. Now, the door’s weather stripping seats 100%.

38D7C46D-36A5-43A6-95D3-6E561C7E4408.jpeg

D2FE378D-82D5-45D7-BFED-43290B75EC7E.jpeg