Sponsored

Quadratec Extreme Floor mat review

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
With regards to the jeep all weather with drain plugs, go in you tube and look up the jeep informant floor mats video. The drain plugs DON'T stop the Water from coming up and soaking your carpets . You need to modify them as per his video. He saved me from buying the mopar ones.
I agree, I liked them until I saw the drain plug. It’s a shame they don’t make a version without the plug.
Sponsored

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Indeed, was thinking the exact same thing, would have been cool to buy them cause of the "jeep ":(

levichar

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, Ordering '19 JL
If the plugs have not been removed from their original position under the carpet...will they keep the water out?
If so, I'll just buy more plugs to pop in the mats. If not, I'll probably fix like JeepInformant suggests. I think those are my only options...no real point to buy WeatherTechs since I already have the Mopars.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
With regards to the jeep all weather with drain plugs, go in you tube and look up the jeep informant floor mats video. The drain plugs DON'T stop the Water from coming up and soaking your carpets . You need to modify them as per his video. He saved me from buying the mopar ones.
If you seal the mats to the drain hole per the video suggestion, how do you remove the mats for further cleaning? Ok, I admit I didn't make it all the way thru the Informant video, I just watched the solution portion.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
If you seal the mats to the drain hole per the video suggestion, how do you remove the mats for further cleaning? Ok, I admit I didn't make it all the way thru the Informant video, I just watched the solution portion.
My question as well!

Sponsored

levichar

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, Ordering '19 JL

You aren't actually sealing the mats. You are sealing the rubber plug to the hole in the bottom. The video does explain it all...just keep going a little further.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You aren't actually sealing the mats. You are sealing the rubber plug to the hole in the bottom. The video does explain it all...just keep going a little further.
I'll take that advice and return to the video, as I definitely missed something important! The portion I saw seemed to show him sealing the vertical "tube" to the body of the Jeep and I thought the "tube" was a permanent extension of the mat itself. I do understand the actual "plug" is removable and is on the interior or top side of the mat, but that is not involved in his sealing technique.

Follow up edit. . . I watched the end of the video and didn't learn anything new, but I did take a peek at the comments section below and saw that someone had posted a similar question. The Informant's response in part "Well you know I was thinking about that also. And that stuff is going to be on there pretty tight. Yes if you were to need to take the mats off for any reason then it would ruin the seal. Maybe ordering the roll for yourself may be a better option if you going to be taking the mats in and out." Dang, that means this is a no-go for me, as I take floor mats as needed for cleanup. :facepalm:

Last edited:

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I got a set of the Quadratec liners. They fit perfectly and I love the look of them. So far they've been doing a great job. Now I am just waiting on the matching rear cargo mat to become available.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The drain plugs on the Mopar mats is great for cleaning them, too. I clean my front mats without removing them, just pushing the water down the hole. I'm not planning on getting into water deep enough to test their ability to keep it out. If you go that deep, you've got bigger things to worry about.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The drain plugs on the Mopar mats is great for cleaning them, too. I clean my front mats without removing them, just pushing the water down the hole. I'm not planning on getting into water deep enough to test their ability to keep it out. If you go that deep, you've got bigger things to worry about.
Dan, just curious about your Mopar mat install . Were yours put in correctly? Mine were not. . . missing plugs and the carpet wasn't cut out for the drain "tube" to stick down thru the floor pan, which means mine would just drain on to the carpet. They left me work to do to make it functional.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Dan, just curious about your Mopar mat install . Were yours put in correctly? Mine were not. . . missing plugs and the carpet wasn't cut out for the drain "tube" to stick down thru the floor pan, which means mine would just drain on to the carpet. They left me work to do to make it functional.
I had both the plugs and the carpet was pre-cut. I just had to remove the carpet pieces, then the plugs, then press-in the floor mat insterts, then put the plugs over those. Of course I did persuade the floor mat inserts with a hand held sledge hammer (No, I didn't hit it too hard), but they went in and flattened right out.

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads