OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Wow, brings back memories about how much I disliked those quirky pieces of shit. That one looks pretty good. It just needs round headlights......:devil:
Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
My first vehicle was a '89 YJ. I loved that thing.

As for the quadratec YJL, I would of not cut the roll bars, that just looks odd. BUT, I probably would buy those lights and that grill. THAT looks awesome to me!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Love what they did. So unique ! Bravo.

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
bring that grill/light assembly to market please!!!! Looks great.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

funny how the world hated the squared headlights and now people love them lol.

i think this jeep looks awesome. love love love the color.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
There are lots of things on the Quadratec YJL you can't buy, but Quadratec just listed the Overland Outfitters "Zip & Go" seat-back bags. Here's a pair on a stock JL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec’s YJL Jeep Wrangler Debuts to Celebrate 30th Anniversary JLZipAndGo1

Quadratec sells them in tan and black; both have real leather accents and reinforcements and they work on JL/Gladiator and JK seats.

Last edited:

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
There are lots of things on the Quadratec YJL you can't buy, but Quadratec just listed the Overlabd Outfitters "Zip & Go" seat-back bags. Here's a pair on a stock JL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec’s YJL Jeep Wrangler Debuts to Celebrate 30th Anniversary JLZipAndGo1

Quadratec sells them in tan and black; both have real leather accents and reinforcements and they work on JL/Gladiator and JK seats.
Now they need to make that front bumper available!!!

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Wow, brings back memories about how much I disliked those quirky pieces of shit. That one looks pretty good. It just needs round headlights......:devil:
Those YJ's are less quirky pieces of shit than the JL..... ;)

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

Sponsored

TMoats

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 OB Rubicon, 98 Cherokee XJ, 93 Wrangler YJ
I love it, but would have done Rubicon fenders instead of what they did. I also own a 93 YJ and a 98 XJ, so I like the square headlight look.

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
Really interesting idea from Quadratec for those that are interested - as someone who works in marketing, also a pretty clever content idea that will most likely get a ton of attention!

yjl.PNG

quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-2.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-3.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-1.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-8.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-7.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-6.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-5.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-4.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-13.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-12.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-11.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-10.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-9.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-18.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-17.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-16.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-15.jpg
quadratec-jeep-wrangler-yjl-14.jpg

Writeup by Autoblog.com

Quadratec's one-off YJL is a square-eyed tribute to the original Jeep Wrangler

It celebrates the company's 30th anniversary

Quadratec, the world's largest independent retailer of Jeep parts and accessories, built a one-of-a-kind Wrangler inspired by the original YJ model to celebrate its 30th birthday. Called YJL, the SUV gains square headlights that appeal to your 1990s nostalgia, comprehensive off-road upgrades, and more technology in the cabin.

Jeep introduced the Wrangler nameplate in 1986 to replace the long-running CJ series. Launched for the 1987 model year, and made famous in "Jurassic Park," the YJ model remains the only Wrangler ever fitted with rectangular headlights. Jeep brought back the round lights when it released the TJ model for 1997. Many didn't like the square lights three decades ago, but the YJ is aging gracefully as it settles into the classic car market.

It's this controversial styling cue that the YJL puts a modern spin on. Based on a current-generation JL model, its front end ditches the round lights for custom rectangular units that overlap with the grille's outer slots. Adding a retro touch to the rear end was easier said than done, but Quadratec pulled it off with a pair of bumperettes shaped like the ones worn by the YJ. Sahara decals on both fenders, right above the Jeep logo, create an additional visual link between the YJL and the 1989 Sahara model owned by company founder Ted Wentz II.

"It's very fulfilling to see a modern version of my father's Jeep, but with the spirit of the original. We shared so many great times in that YJ, and I even learned to drive in it. Back then, I could never have imagined we could create something today that not only takes me back to my youth, but showcases what we, and our valued partners, can do for our customers," explained Ted Wentz III, the company's CEO, in a statement.

Not content with simply redesigning the Wrangler's front end, Quadratec used the best accessories in its catalog to turn the YJL into a force to reckon with on the trail. The off-roader gains a 3.5-inch suspension lift that clears enough space in the wheel arches to install a set of 37-inch Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires wrapped around body-colored 17-inch wheels. Rock rails, tubular doors, and redesigned fender flares are part of the build, too.

Connectivity is important, even in a retro-inspired Wrangler, so Quadratec added a nine-inch Alpine touchscreen that lets users connect their smartphone. It also features a built-in off-road mode that displays the tire pressure, an inclinometer, and several pre-loaded trail maps, among other information. Corbeau front seats with seatback bags add a finishing touch to the look, while all-weather floor liners make cleaning the cabin a breeze.

The one-off Wrangler will soon join Quadratec's collection, hopefully after tackling a trail or two, and it will remain a one-off model. While most of the parts used to build it come from the company's inventory, a representative told Autoblog that the YJ-esque grille was created specifically for this project and it will not be sold to the public.
I bet if Quadratec duplicated the Grille they would sell plenty.