Sponsored

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Hey guys,

I didn’t get the tow package because everyone I know will be like: hey you can tow things, right? Was I stupid to not get it? What are your reasons for purchasing it? Should/can I get it after market?
Like others said, I mostly got it for the AUX switches and alternator/battery. Being able to tow a few jet skis around if I feel like it is also a bonus
Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Do the front grille slots have a protective screen, or is the radiator directly exposed to potential rock damage?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hey guys,

I didn't get the tow package because everyone I know will be like: hey you can tow things, right? Was I stupid to not get it? What are your reasons for purchasing it? Should/can I get it after market?
I can only speak to my situation. Occasionally I'll tow something. A 2" hitch is a nice addition, along with a 4 pin connector Both are easily purchased in the aftermarket and installed: if necessary by a mechanic much cheaper than buying it on the JL from FCA.

I've read hear that the JK rear hitch works fine. The 4 pin connector...the plug for the JK may differ from the one for the JL...it connects into the driver's side tail light.

Now---if you want the other things in the tow package---THAT's a different story

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Can the base radio in the Sport S interface with an iPhone?

The configurator seems to suggest it can't, short of getting a radio upgrade.

Sponsored

meflattery

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey guys,

I didn’t get the tow package because everyone I know will be like: hey you can tow things, right? Was I stupid to not get it? What are your reasons for purchasing it? Should/can I get it after market?
Unless you plan on towing, why pay to have an eyesore installed under your bumper?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I have found that Rain-X type products, that help bead up water on glass surfaces, have greatly reduced my need for, and speed at which I need to run wipers during inclement weather.

Can such products be used on the plastic windows of a softtop and do they show similar benefit, given these surfaces, particularly the back window, lack a wiper blade?

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Old Jeep question. “Asking for a friend”. Sigh.

If, say, you owned a 2005 Jeep, and a family member misplaced your only key, do you know if there is a way to order a new key, using your VIN?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Can the base radio in the Sport S interface with an iPhone?

The configurator seems to suggest it can't, short of getting a radio upgrade.
It depends what you mean by interface with an iPhone. It does not support CarPlay.

Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Hello,

I’m considering a JULR, and to add to the family fun, would like to maybe buy a used pop up camper for weekend camping at parks and trail parks. So far in my research, the camper I picked would be right at the wrangler’s max tow capacity (loaded), with the tongue weight around 350 or so. What are thoughts on how this would work out? Some hills would be involved, probably no mountain passes...

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Hello,

I’m considering a JULR, and to add to the family fun, would like to maybe buy a used pop up camper for weekend camping at parks and trail parks. So far in my research, the camper I picked would be right at the wrangler’s max tow capacity (loaded), with the tongue weight around 350 or so. What are thoughts on how this would work out? Some hills would be involved, probably no mountain passes...
I think if it's within spec you will be just fine. The actual tow capacity exceeds the spec tow capacity, so there is already a good safety margin in there.

For legal reasons I would not exceed the spec though.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I don't think the problem with a Wrangler is pulling a trailer. The problem is stopping the trailer. Just like you can pull a pop-up with a motorcycle it just get fun at red lights!

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
So for payments wise I’m starting out leasing and I’m already 99% sure I’ll end up buying it out at the end but...

Does anyone know what the “rules” are with modifying when it’s a lease? Warranty issues? Returning it at the end of the lease if for some reason I don’t want it?
Sponsored