Sponsored

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Hi again. I’m renting a JLU Sport for a week in order to see whether I might want to buy one.

It has the 4-position transfer case — 2H, 4H, N, 4L. I have tried shifting the case, and haven’t been able to. I DLed the owner’s manual, which says that with the vehicle standing still (or at low speed) and with steady pressure on the stick, it should move.

Am I missing something, or has AVIS put some kind of lock on the case?
It is very stiff at first, that said transmission in neutral, and vehicle rolling. Much harder to do at a dead stop. The tcase does not have synchros like the transmission, therefore moving will help with alignment.
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
We rented a Nissan Armada and the 4WD switch there is a big volume-looking knob on the center console. That takes absolutely no effort to engage into 4H. They at least add a step to go into 4L.
But the Nissan was electric and not mechanical. How many times you see guys rocking from 1st to reverse trying to get out of 4wd? I would much prefer the mechanical mechanism.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
You think so? The Wildpeak M/Ts have received great reviews, including snow and ice, for several years now. They carry a M+S rating which I believe permits you to use them on I-70 in the winter. Sure they're not as good as the snowflake/three peak rating on the BFG KO2s, but I'm expecting the Wildpeak M/Ts to be just fine this winter.
I’m far from an expert on this, but how is this tread going to be good on ice (under the snow)?

The Wildpeak’s do seem to have good reviews for snow (and presumably ice) I just don’t see how they can be that good.

0057FFDF-B877-4B09-9264-1E8E265B6954.jpeg

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
Can you make the mopar remote start work with the 6sp if you buy it aftermarket and install it yourself? Obviously, you could never leave the tranny in gear, but I never do that anyways.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Here's a new question about Tip Start. For those who don't know what that is, it's a feature where you press the start button momentarily and the engine starter operates automatically until the engine starts. My JL doesn't have this so I have to hold the start button until the engine starts before I release it. I'm guessing manual transmission models (like mine) don't have Tip Start for safety reasons in case the shifter is in gear. Do you guys/gals have Tip Start on your Auto JLs? Or is it a trim level feature? Does anyone with a manual transmission have it?

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Here's a new question about Tip Start. For those who don't know what that is, it's a feature where you press the start button momentarily and the engine starter operates automatically until the engine starts. My JL doesn't have this so I have to hold the start button until the engine starts before I release it. I'm guessing manual transmission models (like mine) don't have Tip Start for safety reasons in case the shifter is in gear. Do you guys/gals have Tip Start on your Auto JLs? Or is it a trim level feature? Does anyone with a manual transmission have it?
It is because you have a manual, as do I. This was explained to me by the dealer when I picked it up.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Which top for the Wrangler JL is furthest from the ground as measured on the same JL, the premium soft top or the hard top?

I've got some cross members above my hard top that just clear it. I'm trying to figure if they'll get in the way when I install the soft top.

Thanks. Forget that the soft top opens. I'm just interested in height for now.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Which top for the Wrangler JL is furthest from the ground as measured on the same JL, the premium soft top or the hard top?

I've got some cross members above my hard top that just clear it. I'm trying to figure if they'll get in the way when I install the soft top.

Thanks. Forget that the soft top opens. I'm just interested in height for now.
From my measurements, at the highest point the premium soft top is approx. 3" higher than the hard top.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
From my measurements, at the highest point the premium soft top is approx. 3" higher than the hard top.
Thanks Rob, but there are also places where it's maybe two inches lower or so, right?

That's where I can run cross members. Thanks for checking this for me. : - )

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
Thanks to those who answered my previous question. I was able to shift the transfer case of my rental out of 2H, and I'm pretty sure that first shift took more effort than the ones after. At least it seemed that way.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Would Jeep ever create a 2 door extended wheelbase JL (LL) like the old LJs?

709B78F2-251F-4454-9BAF-C0EECB3F853F.png

495384E4-B2CC-4314-9204-3BF37FDF9120.png

BD5DF2D6-A585-43EF-95E2-E79A73AAE98F.jpeg
I hope so ! The 4 Dr is too long, an extended version like the LJ would be great.
The LJs are highly sought after now. If not the pictured version, then maybe a 2 door JT, call it "Scrambler" . Fingers Crossed...

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
Okay, here’s another one. Is there a reason selecting heated seats and steering wheel forces a switch from all-season to all-terrain tires?

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I hope so ! The 4 Dr is too long, an extended version like the LJ would be great.
The LJs are highly sought after now. If not the pictured version, then maybe a 2 door JT, call it "Scrambler" . Fingers Crossed...
The J6 concept at East Jeep Safari this year is basically a 2 door JT with the same wheelbase as a JLU. My dream. Hopefully they make it production Jeep, or offer a conversion kit.
Sponsored