QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
So I got step rails from my wife and son for father's day for my totally stock sport jlu. Sooooo.... is that permission to buy a lift and tires? :LOL:
Now this question truly meets the definition of this thread title.

Now go buy that lift! I just bought the ARB cooler. Going to tell the wife I got it to supplement the AC on hot days!! Our mini Weiner dog can ride in it on hot days!
Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
So I got step rails from my wife and son for father's day for my totally stock sport jlu. Sooooo.... is that permission to buy a lift and tires? :LOL:
I was requesting Ruby Rims, K02 tires and a new front bumper with Wench.... but did I get it for Fathers day??? NOOOO....

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I was requesting Ruby Rims, K02 tires and a new front bumper with Wench.... but did I get it for Fathers day??? NOOOO....
I don't recommend asking for a new wench for Father's Day. Most wives would not approve of such a request. :CWL:

latest?cb=20141008063555.png

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I don't recommend asking for a new wench for Father's Day. Most wives would not approve of such a request. :CWL:

latest?cb=20141008063555.png
How about a wench on a bumper.....?

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I'd have to do some searching, but isn't there a thing... some kind of quirk regarding the push to start when the door are off? Something like if you "lock" the Jeep with the key fob while the doors are off you can't start it until you press the unlock button on the key fob.
That’s interesting and I’ll have to try that. I’ll lock the tailgate when I’m running errands to make it harder to get to my tailgate lockbox (I like the proximity lock just for that!). I don’t know if my hubby accidentally hit the lock button on the fob. It would be easy to do.

I’ll experiment with that scenario and report back. It would be helpful if this was a repeatable issue.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Another thing I thought of.... on my Prius (I know, I know) if I leave the key fob in the car for too long with the car not running (like I leave it in a cupholder with the car parked in the garage for a few hours) the key fob goes into some kind of power saving mode and it won't work with the car. On that thing, the key fob blinks a red LED at me to let me know it's in the mode. Then I hold the lock button and press the unlock button twice ??? some stupid pattern like that. My point is, it's dumb, it's annoying, and the first time it happened to me I thought my stuff was messed up but it turned out to just be a "feature". Maybe there is something similar with the JL.
No Prius-bashing here. We had a couple and they're great at what they do. We gave our 2012 Prius to our daughter years ago and it's still serving her well and is incredibly economical.

Anyhoooooo...that's an interesting idea. In this instance, my husband had the fob in his pocket all day and not in the Jeep. He was curious if having my Jeep fob next to his car fob all day caused a problem. Dunno.

I'd have to do some searching, but isn't there a thing... some kind of quirk regarding the push to start when the door are off? Something like if you "lock" the Jeep with the key fob while the doors are off you can't start it until you press the unlock button on the key fob.
OK, I had to test this.

I ran errands after work today and when leaving work, I locked the tailgate using the fob before getting into the Jeep, and the Jeep started up. The second time, I pressed the button on the tailgate handle, ran my quick errand, came back and got the "Key fob not found" message and pushing the start button with the fob did nothing. I unlocked the doors using the fob and it started right up. Interesting.

I'm thinking, "AH HA!!!"

But, I repeated the steps at my next errand and when I got home and the Jeep started right up. Damn. Not repeatable and that is driving me a bit nuts. If it's not repeatable, it's a bug.

tl:dr—if that happens again, press unlock on the fob.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I don't know if this is what you are referring to, but I once saw a video on the Jeep Informant channel on YouTube that dealt with the need for JL owners, otherwise equipped with a fob that unlocks the doors (i.e. not the basic Sport JL), to nevertheless need to press the "unlock the doors" button on such a fob, despite have no passenger's doors attached to the vehicle at the time, in order to be able to start the engine. : - )

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I doth think it may.:idea: In fact a general MPG thread would be interesting to see with the varying tire sizes and gear ratios people run.
People ... well, I don't think they lie, but they think big, about their MPG.

People will drive super conservative with their big tires and report some relatively high numbers and we'll compare them to someone driving like they're late to dropping off their kids to school. It just has so many variables that it really is tough to get anything more than an approximate range of how much tires and gears impact MPG.

But in general, we all know: bigger diameter, wider, rougher/aggressive tread, heavier all contribute to getting less MPG.

A comparison that might be interesting is one some of us have thought about: What about a having two sets of tires? Street and Off-road. Is it worth the cost/trouble? Jeepers that run 35s or larger, mudders, might benefit from a set of skinny street tires if they use their Jeep for a commuter a high percentage of the time. Of course, there is a "vanity" issue that has to be overcome. LOL

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Delivery to Dealerships are up to $1,000 now. "Destination Charge " on Window Sticker.
Can you still pick them up at factory (Toledo) and drive home ? Would be a fun Road Trip, and potential $ Saver.

That would be a fun road trip, even all the way from CA. Of course, I'd burn all the savings on the trip home on motels, gas and dinners. But, there are plenty of sights and famous off-road areas along the way.

Sponsored

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Exactly right. If I have trail doors on, and I either use the fob to lock the swing gate, or the button on the swing gate, then the Jeep will not start until I push unlock on the fob. However, If I wait a couple minutes after locking, or walk out of range and come back, it will start just fine.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
That would be a fun road trip, even all the way from CA. Of course, I'd burn all the savings on the trip home on motels, gas and dinners. But, there are plenty of sights and famous off-road areas along the way.
Jeep could work this "Adventure Drive" into advertising, have videos of sights, adventures on the Road Home...Even if the Destination Fee is eaten up by the trip, we got memories, which are Priceless. And, a choice...

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
What’s up with the UConnect FM/AM display? I like UConnect overall, but it’s so weird seeing the display squeezed into a near postage stamp sized square.

Other vehicle displays take up the whole screen and offer all kinds of details. This feels like a display made for an Apple Watch.