QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Thinking about getting a Jeep Sahara Unlimited that will serve family and fun duties. I'm having a hard time contextualizing the amount of trunk space - anyone have photos of the trunk with luggage in it to get a sense of space? (rear seats up please)
I’ll owe you the picture, but I can tell you that last week I fitted 2 full size suitcases, 4 carry on, and 4 backpacks. 5 passengers.
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

d1stance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2019 Audi Q7
Occupation
Business owner
Perfect! I thought C&D had something on this, but perhaps my search skills need a bit of brushing up. Thanks all for the help.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Thinking about getting a Jeep Sahara Unlimited that will serve family and fun duties. I'm having a hard time contextualizing the amount of trunk space - anyone have photos of the trunk with luggage in it to get a sense of space? (rear seats up please)

...and while it may not be for you @d1stance for one of a number of reasons, including $, difficulty, not your thing.....roof racks being so relatively common on Wranglers will add to that storage capacity.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that full roof footprint racks are made for only a select number of models of vehicles, and Wrangler leads that market in product offerings.

===

;)What's that, getting stuff up there.....?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/page-458#post-344445

Wrangler owners are nothing if not creative and unwilling to take no for an answer.

IMG_2504.JPG

Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Minor issue that's been bugging me... I connect my iPod with a USB cable to listen to music in my JL, but every time I get back into the Jeep I have to reconnect it by unplugging it and plugging it back in. In other words, the iPod doesn't stay connected after turning Jeep off, even though it's plugged in. Is there a remedy to this?

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
Minor issue that's been bugging me... I connect my iPod with a USB cable to listen to music in my JL, but every time I get back into the Jeep I have to reconnect it by unplugging it and plugging it back in. In other words, the iPod doesn't stay connected after turning Jeep off, even though it's plugged in. Is there a remedy to this?
This is a question that probably does deserve its own thread given how many problems I have with this sort of stuff. I do not have an answer for your question, but have a similar problem with my devises and am curious to see responses. I also have it where Apple Car play won’t connect even when my phone is plugged in, or will go in and out, along with other annoying problems like I’ll be on a hands free call and will take another call and it will be on my phone instead of through my audio system. (Don’t even get me started on all the times my volume has randomly gone up or down or not stopped increasing when I turned it up)

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
The dashcam I installed about a month ago does the same thing to me. Just unplugging and plugging the USB back in gets it started. It wouldn't be every time I get back into the Jeep, it'd be completely random. For the last week it's been good, but I wonder if that's just a lucky streak.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Which Uconnect? There have been TSBs for UConnect issues but the software for each one is different.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Wait what?!?! Mind blown. Of all the things not to have understood about my XJ. Guess I came from too old school and understood to never put anything 4WD on dry pavement. Oh well it's long gone now...
When you think SelecTrac think Subaru all wheel drive.
The Jeep still has a solid front axle but the U-Joints ("Knuckles") at the end of the axles are replaced by CV joints like a traditional front wheel drive car. Ewwww... just saying the word car when referring to a Jeep makes me cringe.
Personally I don't like, want or have it. I consider it a weak spot when off roading and since we do as much of that as we can (heading to Moab in 2 weeks) I would not go with it.
To each his own, I would agree it's more stability in daily driving especially in the rain.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My Pixel 3XL sometimes fails to connect with Bluetooth. I'm pretty sure it is a Uconnect issue because it doesn't happen with the Pioneer head unit with Android Auto in my JK. It drives me nuts.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My Pixel 3XL sometimes fails to connect with Bluetooth. I'm pretty sure it is a Uconnect issue because it doesn't happen with the Pioneer head unit with Android Auto in my JK. It drives me nuts.
Same problem here. Sometimes it will reconnect on it's own.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The dashcam I installed about a month ago does the same thing to me. Just unplugging and plugging the USB back in gets it started. It wouldn't be every time I get back into the Jeep, it'd be completely random. For the last week it's been good, but I wonder if that's just a lucky streak.
Would you consider getting a cigarette adapter plug to USB converter to then plug your cam into? It might be worth a shot. USB ports are notoriously problematic for me the way you describe.

I can't speak to how many electrical sources your cam plugs into, 1 or 2. Some cams plug into both an accessory and a battery port so they can switch from being on while you drive, to being on at lower power, monitoring the vehicle (and the batteries) when parked. Accessory ports I'll define here as ones energized when the vehicle's on. "Battery ports" I'll define as always being energized.

The cigarette port in your dash is an accessory one. The one in your cargo area, if equipped, by default from the factory is a battery one, but can be changed to accessory FWIW by the simple flip of a fuse in the power control module (in the manual.) : - )

If you have a 3.6L which battery are you draining?....both, except during ESS events where you drain only the Aux/ESS battery. These two batteries are hooked up in parallel 99.9% of the time on a 3.6L JL, but for this ESS event, and an instant during a cold crank. : - )

Hope this helps.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Would you consider getting a cigarette adapter plug to USB converter to then plug your cam into? It might be worth a shot. USB ports are notoriously problematic for me the way you describe.

I can't speak to how many electrical sources your cam plugs into, 1 or 2. Some cams plug into both an accessory and a battery port so they can switch from being on while you drive, to being on at lower power, monitoring the vehicle (and the batteries) when parked. Accessory ports I'll define here as ones energized when the vehicle's on. "Battery ports" I'll define as always being energized.

The cigarette port in your dash is an accessory one. The one in your cargo area, if equipped, by default from the factory is a battery one, but can be changed to accessory FWIW by the simple flip of a fuse in the power control module (in the manual.) : - )

If you have a 3.6L which battery are you draining?....both, except during ESS events where you drain only the Aux/ESS battery. These two batteries are hooked up in parallel 99.9% of the time on a 3.6L JL, but for this ESS event, and an instant during a cold crank. : - )

Hope this helps.
The best thing to do is hard wire the dash cam. It's very easy, under the plastic trim along the top of the window is a wire that is hot when power is switched on. Took me about 30 mins to pop trim, tap the wire and put it all back together. Very clean look, just a little piece of wire sticks out from the top to connect to the cam.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The best thing to do is hard wire the dash cam. It's very easy, under the plastic trim along the top of the window is a wire that is hot when power is switched on. Took me about 30 mins to pop trim, tap the wire and put it all back together. Very clean look, just a little piece of wire sticks out from the top to connect to the cam.
Maybe you refer a hot wire that the energizes the vanity mirror or, if you have it (I don't) the higher end rear view mirror. I agree!

I don't buy into this myself, but "mother FCA" seems to say that the place where this wire goes is the only place (I guess Aux switches and cigarette lighters and USB ports notwithstanding) we should be tapping for power.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/12-volt-power-adapter-jeep-wrangler-jl
Sponsored