RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
What bumper/windshield/hood mounted, no drilled holes roof rack company has historically produced systems for the JK, expected to release ones for the JL, that are "understated."

Let me define that.

I have absolutely no problem with those who customize their rigs to look and operate like beasts. To each their own; although respectfully, I am not one of them.

Sure, I'll add some accessories, but big tires, grill changes, winches aren't me.

So which system does its job well, with a simple lines type of look in its basic model?

It's okay if they haven't released their JL offering yet. Think cargo box on top, not tent or "rocket launcher";)

Note: have MOPAR JL system: as you likely know it's hard top only. I like the soft top in the warmer months.

Thanks.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Yet another question:

Would someone please explain to me rear view mirror options in the JL.

Is there more than one type of mirror offered at build/order time, and if so, is it a product of model chosen and/or features/packages shown. Or do options come after the rig leaves the factory in Toledo?

I've seen a video on Youtube that explains 3 of the 4 wires in a power mirror I don't have on my Sahara.

Thank you.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Would/can anyone recommend a socket, (a link would be great) designed (as sockets are) to go on a ratchet, be it a 3/8" or 1/2" ratchet, that then provides the female connection into which one can insert one of the torx bits that comes with the Wrangler?

Thanks.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Would/can anyone recommend a socket, (a link would be great) designed (as sockets are) to go on a ratchet, be it a 3/8" or 1/2" ratchet, that then provides the female connection into which one can insert one of the torx bits that comes with the Wrangler?

Thanks.
I think this is what you're looking for:
https://www.amazon.com/Toolcool-Square-Telescopic-Adapter-Converter/dp/B07CBSH7V4/

But why not just buy the two torx (T40, T50) sockets?
https://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-Piece-Evolv-Socket-9-01005/dp/B00ACRL0NM

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
Is there a mopar accessory that is for the rear camera that looks like a jeep grille? Thought I saw this somewhere.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Last edited:

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone having trouble with brightness of the 8.4 inch touchscreen, specifically at night? I'm having two issues I havent figured out yet.

1) I can't seem to get the brightness to auto dim at night. I can manually decrease total brightness but then have to manually increase it for day. Maybe it's due to the auto setting on my headlights? I havent figured out a fix.

2) I'm using android auto and Waze for my map and cannot get the map to switch to "night view". On my phone it changes automatically but when using android auto it stays bright white (very bright). Anyone have input on that?

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone having trouble with brightness of the 8.4 inch touchscreen, specifically at night? I'm having two issues I havent figured out yet.

1) I can't seem to get the brightness to auto dim at night. I can manually decrease total brightness but then have to manually increase it for day. Maybe it's due to the auto setting on my headlights? I havent figured out a fix.

2) I'm using android auto and Waze for my map and cannot get the map to switch to "night view". On my phone it changes automatically but when using android auto it stays bright white (very bright). Anyone have input on that?
You guys probably knew this already but figured out the problem. I'll post it here for anyone who might have the same question.

In order for the manual brightness display to work, you must have the light dimmer roller (next to the headlight knob) rolled below the click positions. There are three click positions - all the way down, all the way up, and one just under all the way up. The roller cannot be in any of those positions to change the settings. Turning the roller down out of the click position I was able to set the display brightness settings and now Waze is switching map colors and brightness as well.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Will Plasti Dipping something metal reduce the likelihood that it will scratch another nearby piece of metal it might come in contact with (on my JL) on occasion?

Is there something better forth this? Is the spray or paint version of Plasti Dip better in my situation?

Thanks.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Can anyone recommend a stabilizing hitch pin, other than the "J" pin, as I don't have that extra 17/32" hole in my hitch receiver (yet) nor know how far from center it is from the standard 5/8" hole for the hitch pin?

Sponsored

jtp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S unlimited
Will 5 Rubicon Takeoff wheels/tires fit in the back of the JL sport with the rear seats down, for pickup purposes?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Will 5 Rubicon Takeoff wheels/tires fit in the back of the JL sport with the rear seats down, for pickup purposes?
@jtp

A 2dr. absolutely not. Doubt with a 4dr. either. It would be a real cram.

Last edited:

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I have a question for y'all. Does anybody on this forum ever use their Jeep for towing? More specifically towing their rock crawlers? I'm currently in the build process of a 80's Toyota Pickup Rock crawler that will hopefully look like the one pictured. It would be nice to be able to with the JLU but i'm not sure if it's possible. The truck is going to be very light probably around 3000 lbs but that won't include the weight of the trailer. I know that the JKU's towing capacity was understated for liability purposes but you never see any of them towing at all. In fact most Jeeps seem to be towed themselves.

2e8a8a7b5e91429fb66071aa2b9be41b.jpg
Nice build

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
@jtp

A 2dr. absolutely not. Doubt with a 4dr. either. It would be a real cram.
I did it with a 4 door but I don’t think a JL has enough space at all.

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
On a 2 door, does the Rubicon sit higher than a Sport S? I mean other than the taller tires and higher front fenders?
Just wondering if the suspension itself is taller?
Sponsored