Sponsored

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm unaware of any vehicle that has ever had rear DRLs.
@COBill

I have seen vehicles where guys have actually added DRL on the rear. Only a couple, but I have seen same...

Have not seen any stock vehicles with rear, DRL but of course, I have not seen every stock vehicle in the World...
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I have a noobie question. My 2020 Willys with LED package and advanced safety group, failed safety inspection. I was told because my taillight day time running light was out. They wanted $1,000 to fix it. I recently installed rugged Ridge tail light covers and must have pinched a wire. I took it apart and reinstalled the light and my lights seem to be working just fine. I still don't see the day time running lights in the back, but I don't remember ever seeing them. Can someone confirm the tail lights are day time running as well and what it looks like? Additionally, after I picked up my Jeep I now get Blind spot warning unavailable. They claim they didn't turn it off, that is part of the problem, but it was working literally the hours before I dropped off the Jeep. Any assistance would be appreciated.
sounds like your running lights question has been sufficiently answered. As far as the blind spot monitoring, there are sensors in both the taillights and mirrors. I bet your taillight covers are also covering the sensors in the taillights. I wouldn’t worry, I don’t have my blind spot monitoring working from late April to early October. That is when I rock soft doors or no doors, hard top and OEM doors come back for winter and….bam blind spot monitoring works again.

without sensors or mirrors I just stick my head out and look behind me before merging left.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
For those of you who carry an emergency glass hammer in your Wranglers, how and where did you secure them?
Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 20210808_112441

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Don't the Freedom Panels count as emergency egress? I guess if you're upside down, that doesn't help, but if you're upside down, your glass is probably broken, too?

For cutting the seat belt...I do have a knife in my center console, which is always locked...I guess I should rethink where to store that knife.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Don't the Freedom Panels count as emergency egress? I guess if you're upside down, that doesn't help, but if you're upside down, your glass is probably broken, too?
I should have mentioned that my JLU has a soft top. Yes, being upside down came to mind as it concerns having to break a bit of glass. There's no guarantee that it broke during the act of becoming inverted.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I should have mentioned that my JLU has a soft top. Yes, being upside down came to mind as it concerns having to break a bit of glass. There's no guarantee that it broke during the act of becoming inverted.
Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 1628807105853

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I would like to mount lights on my mopar steel bumper.
are there any light brackets that will screw into it in front of my winch.
There are 3 screws there that hold a plate which is held in place if you are not installing a winch.
I want to install 2 Round hella lights there.

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread JDA_Mopar_Full_Rubicon_Steel_Bumper_01_JL_12112.0140

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
I would like to mount lights on my mopar steel bumper.
are there any light brackets that will screw into it in front of my winch.
There are 3 screws there that hold a plate which is held in place if you are not installing a winch.
I want to install 2 Round hella lights there.

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread JDA_Mopar_Full_Rubicon_Steel_Bumper_01_JL_12112.0140
I used those bolts to mount my Baja Designs lights, using their included brackets. I have a cheap set of lights that had similar-styled brackets, so I would think it would be easy to do with yours. They haven't moved at all and have been installed for over a year!
Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread IMG_4106

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'd like to install a RAM ball from my existing stock. Does anyone know the size and pitch of this little OEM bolt/screw?

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 20210926_185640

Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
How are you guys deciding when to change the oil? 3k miles like the dealer, 10-15K like the oil bottle, or when the Jeep says to?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Last edited: