xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Can someone post a picture of their OBDII port. I want to make sure I put it back into it's bracket with the correct orientation.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Can someone post a picture of their OBDII port. I want to make sure I put it back into it's bracket with the correct orientation.
Disregard the red circle, circling the security gateway cables.
Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread gateway.JPG

JeepersCreepersJL

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
Does anyone know if they're going to put canyon Sunset on the Wrangler?
Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread CH021_009TH5fjeirqdis05n2vdp4tfkffv2m
Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 0b10acba82dfb3c57f566720194553d5x

(pics for reference)
I'd order one in a heartbeat!

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'm sure the answer to this question is somewhere on the board or internet, but not that easily determinable on my part with about 5 minutes research:

What is the cranking engine battery for the ICE plant of the 4xe? Is it the very batteries under the backseat that provide electric propulsion that turn over the ICE engine?

I ask in light of the recent thread that questions the ability for the 4xe to crank in extremes of temperature. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...be-unusable-in-hot-weather.69162/post-1456525

Doesn't (even) Tesla have emergency 12 volt batteries under the hood? It would seem that such a battery could crank the vehicle's 4 liter engine when temperature risks damage to the propulsion batteries.

Thanks.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Why didn't Stellantis situate the electric charging port on the 4xe such that in would not get in the way of most cowl attached roof racks?

I mean I can't believe that nobody in design didn't realize this, and yet thet didn't accommodate it anyway. Maybe there are some rules on charging ports that made that impossible?

Wouldn't a rig sold in part for its flexible torque for offroading best be designed such that offroading gear could be attached to it?

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
So bear in mind this is my first Jeep I should be getting tomorrow and these questions are probably dumb but

For my Sport S, are the stock skid plates enough for easy trails? Forest trails, things like that.

If you happened to have your Jeep parked for a few hours and it got caught in a rain shower with the top down, it shouldn’t effect anything right? Since there are drain holes. Just thinking about this if I were to park it with the top down while I go kayaking for a couple hours. Or maybe it just makes more sense to leave it in the safari position?

The remote key and camping. I’ve heard issues with leaving the key too close to your vehicle while car camping can drain the battery overnight. Has this ever been an issue with Jeep’s? I’ve always left mine far away just in case but figured I’d ask.

Thanks!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

For my Sport S, are the stock skid plates enough for easy trails? Forest trails, things like that.
Yes.

it shouldn’t effect anything right?
There are still electronics in the vehicle, such as the radio, that you shouldn't really get too wet. A quick sprinkle would be ok, but a heavy downpour can cause issues. The vehicle will dry out, but you never know how electronics will be affected long term. People seem to have enough issues with the radios as is.

I’ve heard issues with leaving the key too close to your vehicle while car camping can drain the battery overnight. Has this ever been an issue with Jeep’s?
I've never heard of this.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
The remote key and camping. I’ve heard issues with leaving the key too close to your vehicle while car camping can drain the battery overnight. Has this ever been an issue with Jeep’s? I’ve always left mine far away just in case but figured I’d ask.

Thanks!
Never heard of that. I've been leaving the key in the Jeeps for days on end with no issue.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
So bear in mind this is my first Jeep I should be getting tomorrow and these questions are probably dumb but

If you happened to have your Jeep parked for a few hours and it got caught in a rain shower with the top down, it shouldn’t effect anything right? Since there are drain holes. Just thinking about this if I were to park it with the top down while I go kayaking for a couple hours. Or maybe it just makes more sense to leave it in the safari position?

Thanks!
I have run mine off-road all over the place and just ran Moab for the 2nd time with stock skid plates with no issue. You are more likely to hit a crossmember than anything else, and those are sacrificial. I think they are only 80 bucks to replace. I've smashed mine repeatedly and they are still in decent shape. The only skid the Rubicon has over the Sport is under the front bumper. I've never hit it on anything, so it isn't really necessary. Your Jeep is built to kick ass straight off the dealer lot.

I've also had mine in a torrential sideways downpour with no top or doors. The rain was driven by 50mph gusts. Nothing I could do but watch from inside a Subway restaurant. It took this for a good 25 minutes. I have ALL the electronics, too, including 8.4 radio, heated seats, etc. The screen on the 8.4 went wonky while wet but once dried out everything was fine. I don't recommend that test, but she passed with flying colors. That was a year ago. Still no issues. They did test the JL in a 24 hour rain chamber when they designed it, so they expected this.

Sounds like you are fixing to enjoy that Jeep the way God intended! We expect pics! Lol!

Sponsored

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Yes.

There are still electronics in the vehicle, such as the radio, that you shouldn't really get too wet. A quick sprinkle would be ok, but a heavy downpour can cause issues. The vehicle will dry out, but you never know how electronics will be affected long term. People seem to have enough issues with the radios as is.

I've never heard of this.
Probably a Subaru thing they come with weak batteries and people have said hanging their keys in the garage even has drained the battery completely. It could be the keys plus the auto lift gate always drawing power is what does it.

Good to know no issues with Jeeps though!

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Are changes made with something like JSCAN app detectable by the dealership?

I was considering getting it to change tire sizes and to enable proxy unlock.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Are changes made with something like JSCAN app detectable by the dealership?

I was considering getting it to change tire sizes and to enable proxy unlock.
@Recoil

Well, if you make changes with JSCAN and then go to the stealership Service Dept. and have not changed those changes to default setting(s), then it is pretty obvious to the Tech, that you have either had another stealership so changes (there would be a record if this) or you used a programmer to do the changes yourself. ( I mean if you have large tires and your speedo is spot on, etc.)

When you unmarry a Tazer JL, the unmarry process puts all back to default... With JSCAN, putting all back to default before stealership visit is all on you.

Now, I just know somebody is gonna now chime in here and say... my stealership, my tech, my Service Manager does not care if I have/use a programmer...

WELL, that's nice.... but when your nice guy Tech, hooks up your JL/JLU/JT to the WiTech II, well, now FCA is aware. FCA knowing or having the ability to drill down and see, in the long run, can possibly cause you drama/headaches..

Anyway, best is to use JSCAN to put all back the way it wise setting wise.. With the Tazer JL, best to unmarry. After your vehicle warranty is history... don't bother.

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
@Recoil

Well, if you make changes with JSCAN and then go to the stealership Service Dept. and have not changed those changes to default setting(s), then it is pretty obvious to the Tech, that you have either had another stealership so changes (there would be a record if this) or you used a programmer to do the changes yourself. ( I mean if you have large tires and your speedo is spot on, etc.)

When you unmarry a Tazer JL, the unmarry process puts all back to default... With JSCAN, putting all back to default before stealership visit is all on you.

Now, I just know somebody is gonna now chime in here and say... my stealership, my tech, my Service Manager does not care if I have/use a programmer...

WELL, that's nice.... but when your nice guy Tech, hooks up your JL/JLU/JT to the WiTech II, well, now FCA is aware. FCA knowing or having the ability to drill down and see, in the long run, can possibly cause you drama/headaches..

Anyway, best is to use JSCAN to put all back the way it wise setting wise.. With the Tazer JL, best to unmarry. After your vehicle warranty is history... don't bother.
That's what I needed to know, thank you. I figured that was the case, but I wanted to confirm.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

When you unmarry a Tazer JL, the unmarry process puts all back to default
Is this 100% true? I thought things like tire size stay even when the Tazer is unmarried.
Sponsored