Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
1) When it comes to my Sahara, how do I know, without necessary looking down at the transmission shifter, what gear my JL is in?

2) What purpose does this part of the instrument cluster that's circled in yellow serve if any?

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread leftdash.JPG

3) And what's the most likely cause of a "SERV 4WD" light going on, much that I've yet to ever drive in anything but 2 wheel drive? If comes on and stays on upon startup since this morning. Nothing eventful has happen with my JL. It barely leaves the trickle charger on my driveway during COVID.

Thanks
Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
1) When it comes to my Sahara, how do I know, without necessary looking down at the transmission shifter, what gear my JL is in?

2) What purpose does this part of the instrument cluster that's circled in yellow serve if any?

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread leftdash.JPG

3) And what's the most likely cause of a "SERV 4WD" light going on, much that I've yet to ever drive in anything but 2 wheel drive? If comes on and stays on upon startup since this morning. Nothing eventful has happen with my JL. It barely leaves the trickle charger on my driveway during COVID.

Thanks
1) Assuming you have an automatic, there is a setting somewhere that will add the gear to the dashboard display. Sorry, I have a manual and don't know exactly where that is.

2) That portion of the display shows the status of the transfer case (it mimics the shifter knob). The 2H should be illuminated when you're in 2H - it doesn't look like your's is so you might want to get it checked out if that is the case.

3) This is an intermittent problem many have had. Possibly related to a bad sensor or loose connection. So far, mine cured itself.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
1) Assuming you have an automatic, there is a setting somewhere that will add the gear to the dashboard display. Sorry, I have a manual and don't know exactly where that is.

2) That portion of the display shows the status of the transfer case (it mimics the shifter knob). The 2H should be illuminated when you're in 2H - it doesn't look like your's is so you might want to get it checked out if that is the case.

3) This is an intermittent problem many have had. Possibly related to a bad sensor or loose connection. So far, mine cured itself.
Thanks Jim.

1) I asked my first question poorly I think. To rephrase, how do I know, without necessary looking down at the transmission shifter, what transmission connection, (not gear) (e.g. 2H, 4H, N, 4l) I am in. I DO happen to have on my automatic that configuration where it tells me what gear I am in, when cruising around in otherwise standard 2H (e.g. D2, D5, etc.)

...and if it's that portion of my picture that I circled in yellow as you seem to indicate.....

2) That port of my display shows nothing. I will point that out to the tech when I bring my rig in next week for service related to the "SERV 4WD" light.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Thanks Jim.

1) I asked my first question poorly I think. To rephrase, how do I know, without necessary looking down at the transmission shifter, what transmission connection, (not gear) (e.g. 2H, 4H, N, 4l) I am in. I DO happen to have on my automatic that configuration where it tells me what gear I am in, when cruising around in otherwise standard 2H (e.g. D2, D5, etc.)

...and if it's that portion of my picture that I circled in yellow as you seem to indicate.....

2) That port of my display shows nothing. I will point that out to the tech when I bring my rig in next week for service related to the "SERV 4WD" light.
In that case, all three of your questions may have the same answer! If that indicator is is not illuminated then there is something wrong.

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Jim.

That indicator you circled is for the 4WD transfer case, not the “transmission.” It should light up to indicate in which position your 4WD is at any given time.

Looks like it ain’t working on your Jeep. Perhaps that’s the reason you have a SERV 4WD light coming on.

PS - your motor is turned off on that photo. Does the transfer case indicator look like that when the engine is running and the vehicle moving...?

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Ok, I have 2 questions:
1. How much would 5 stock sport wheels and tires be worth with only 2,500 miles?
Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread rsz_dsc_0365_1
Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread rsz_dsc_0365_1

2. Is this a good bumper or just a cheap knock off?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193371096564
TireRack.com would be a good place to try and price your tires. Items offered up for sale here on the forums seem to sell really well. Best of luck.

Don't know about the bumper so the thread mentioned above is probably your best bet.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I ripped off (and broke beyond repair) my passenger, rear, textured black Rubicon fender flare. I can't figure out which part # to order. I can't distinguish the part numbers between the black and the paintable? Anybody know?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I have 2 questions:
1. How much would 5 stock sport wheels and tires be worth with only 2,500 miles?

2. Is this a good bumper or just a cheap knock off?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193371096564
Those tires are $116 new on tirerack.com. I'd throw them up on craigslist or a local facebook page for $450 and see who bites. Brag it up, low miles, tpms sensors included (assuming you are) brand new clean rims.
As for the bumper follow the other guy's response. My wife and I both run Rubi steel bumpers up front with no caps on the end and we love them.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
That indicator you circled is for the 4WD transfer case, not the “transmission.” It should light up to indicate in which position your 4WD is at any given time.

Looks like it ain’t working on your Jeep. Perhaps that’s the reason you have a SERV 4WD light coming on.

PS - your motor is turned off on that photo. Does the transfer case indicator look like that when the engine is running and the vehicle moving...?
When the vehicle is on the vertical line to the right of the 2H, 4H, N, and 4L is illuminated but that's it.

So when in 2H, is the indicator suppose to indicate anything?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
When the vehicle is on the vertical line to the right of the 2H, 4H, N, and 4L is illuminated but that's it.

Yeah, the current drive mode is supposed to be illuminated when the vehicle is running. Your transfer case position sensor may be faulty and needing some attention

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Each letter is supposed to light up depending on what position you have the transfer case. 2H should be bright white; 4H and 4L should be amber. I have Select-Trac, which has one extra position: 4A - I lights up green.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Each letter is supposed to light up depending on what position you have the transfer case. 2H should be bright white; 4H and 4L should be amber. I have Select-Trac, which has one extra position: 4A - I lights up green.
Thanks for the clarification Aldo. I'll definitely point out my lack of this to service at the same time I bring the vehicle in for the "SERV 4WD" message.
Sponsored