Sponsored

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Would a JK steering stabilizer fit a JL?

Do aftermarket steering stabilizers relocate the the stabilizer?

Mine is all dented up so I'm looking into options. There is a guy selling a Falcon 2.1 from a JK locally who thinks it will fit a JL.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This definitely didn't need it's own thread.

How are you guys cleaning the under carriage of your JLs?

Are drive thru car washes actually effective at this?

I bought Rhino Ramps and bring them with me to the car wash, lifts the vehicle enough that I can fully wash out the undercarriage.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Kinda a twofer

As a sport owner, if i were to buy led drls, and the led headlights. Can i wire the DRLs themselves to come on with ignition power and not need to flick my headlight switch?

As an off-roading newbie, say i scuff up my frame and there’s some surface rust. What’s the best way to clean it up and paint? Do i need a rust neutralizer? What i did for a scuff was spray an under coat spray for one of them.

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda a twofer

As a sport owner, if i were to buy led drls, and the led headlights. Can i wire the DRLs themselves to come on with ignition power and not need to flick my headlight switch?
LED DRLs do not fit in Sport Flares

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
LED DRLs do not fit in Sport Flares
Oh no that’s the first thing i realized when i first started looking into retrofitting LEDs into my sport. I plan on getting rubi fenders anyway, but it was more for wiring because my jeep doesn’t have the auto lights.

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
Question: My AEV 2” lift instructions said nothing about permanently removing the rear parking brake upper bracket and neither does the Mopar Lift instructions. This bracket removal was common place on the JK lifts. Has there been any binding/pulling of the cable that anyone has seen when wheeling with the bracket still in place? What has everyone here done with it? Reinstalled or tossed?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Question. If you were to start with one skid plate on a differential, would you purchase the front or rear first?

I am thinking the rear is the one I hit/drag more coming off of obstacles, but wanted to get a consensus here.

I like the Ranho Glide Plate. That is what I plan to order, any consensus here? :) haha.

Sponsored

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Question. If you were to start with one skid plate on a differential, would you purchase the front or rear first?

I am thinking the rear is the one I hit/drag more coming off of obstacles, but wanted to get a consensus here.

I like the Ranho Glide Plate. That is what I plan to order, any consensus here? :) haha.

Personally I would go front. Just because the drain plug is on the bottom. It looks easy to foul up and make removal hard. The rear no longer has a lip so it is harder to peel back the edge of the diff cover now. Or so I have heard.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Cough, cough. Let me dust off this thread.

My question is how products like Jscan differ from the JL Taser and Superchips products.

Here's what I think I know. Jscan is software, that with a compatible ODB connector, can be used to diagnose problems. With it, the connector, and a security bypass cable it can also change some configurations.

JL Tazer , which comes in various models, is hardware that connects to the port and allows users, through the screen seen through the steering wheel, to change some settings that might not changeable without it. It uses CANBUS programming to allow a list of things to be configured, like allowing the rear camera to remain on indefinitely. Some of those changes require the hardware to remain connected, and some don't.

And Supechips Flashcal is similar in functionality to the JL Taser, also uses CANBUS, and allows some different configuration settings (through its screen) from the JL Tazer, while also having some in common with the JL Tazer, and lacking some the JL Tazer has. It's tech was introduced earlier than the JL Tazer but (??) most JL owners prefer the Tazer

Please correct/embelish. Thanks.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
Cough, cough. Let me dust off this thread.

My question is how products like Jscan differ from the JL Taser and Superchips products.

Here's what I think I know. Jscan is software, that with a compatible ODB connector, can be used to diagnose problems. With it, the connector, and a security bypass cable it can also change some configurations.

JL Tazer , which comes in various models, is hardware that connects to the port and allows users, through the screen seen through the steering wheel, to change some settings that might not changeable without it. It uses CANBUS programming to allow a list of things to be configured, like allowing the rear camera to remain on indefinitely. Some of those changes require the hardware to remain connected, and some don't.

And Supechips Flashcal is similar in functionality to the JL Taser, also uses CANBUS, and allows some different configuration settings (through its screen) from the JL Tazer, while also having some in common with the JL Tazer, and lacking some the JL Tazer has. It's tech was introduced earlier than the JL Tazer but (??) most JL owners prefer the Tazer

Please correct/embelish. Thanks.
they are all for the most part just reprograming the computer via the CANBUS and OBDII port, they mainly differ on how you interact with the programming aspect and how comfy they are as a company to let you configure without bricking the jeep. I took apart the security bypass plug for my Tazer and all it is is just a bypass with direct connections from one plug to the other. The security gateway is just like a firewall you would have on a computer network, blocking unauthorized traffic and changes of the computer, except for a handful devices that are give access keys, which FCA controls the handout of.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
For those of us with A/C power outlets in the rear of our JLs, is anyone familiar with where, in the engine bay, if at all, I might be able to tap into this 100V A/C/ current?

I did try to research this myself, getting the correct wiring diagram from one the top links on the DIY page https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/POWER-OUTLETS.pdf on the forum.

I am presuming , maybe incorrectly, that the inverter lies somewhere under the hood and not in the cabin.

Thanks.

neeesack

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Does anyone know the name of the design pattern on the instrument panel mat/center console mat/mat under the parking brake? It's like a anthracite camo, similar to the pattern on the underside of the freedom panels. If I could find the design pattern, I'm thinking of getting the dashboard panels color-matched to that camo-esque pattern. Thanks!
Sponsored