Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Do Limited Edition (LE) Wranglers feature options not available to non-limited edition Wranglers?

Do LE Wranglers feature styling details (e.g. seat stitching) only available on that LE model?

If I factory order a rig and don’t have to select inventory that has features most closely resembling a LE, can I simply make my own Altitude or Moab, etc.?

Thank you
Usually the LE Jeeps are just some special stickers and emblems, maybe paint job (like the Chief). You aren't going to get anything special like 4.88 gears :)
Look at the Moab... the only thing unique on it are the rock rails. Other than that it is a Sahara with a Rubi suspension and a Rubi hood with a "Moab" sticker.
I don't know if you can order those things, like the Moab rock rails, on non-Moab models. I doubt you can.
Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I don't know if you can order those things, like the Moab rock rails, on non-Moab models. I doubt you can.
The rails can be ordered from the factory. They are Mopar Performance Rock Rails.

I ordered them on my lowly Sport, before there was even a Moab.

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
One LE to keep an eye on is the Gladiator Mojave if for no other reason than it's an FCA proof of concept for locking the rear axle in 4H. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's ever been possible from the factory on any other Rubicon-based model. Also: reservoir shocks/hydraulic jounce bumpers and Command Trac transfer case. Nothing super groundbreaking but if those capabilities make their way to the Wrangler, it would be a pretty attractive package (that's what she said).

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
One LE to keep an eye on is the Gladiator Mojave if for no other reason than it's an FCA proof of concept for locking the rear axle in 4H. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's ever been possible from the factory on any other Rubicon-based model. Also: reservoir shocks/hydraulic jounce bumpers and Command Trac transfer case. Nothing super groundbreaking but if those capabilities make their way to the Wrangler, it would be a pretty attractive package (that's what she said).
WOW, those are actually very nice options that, IMO, would be waaaay better optioned onto a Wrangler.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Plus frame reinforcements.

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
What's the size of the jamb nut on the Metalcloak control arms? Didn't see anything specific on Metalcloak's site and they sell a few different size crow foot wrenches. I was hoping to buy a crow foot wrench set on Amazon if I know the size of the jamb nut.

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Short version: can you "pull codes" yourself on things int he JL?
Long version: I've had my 2019 JLUR for about 3 weeks, and after a start the 8.4 defaulted to a different color scheme and showed the climate control temps as LOW (and also kicked on the AC). I drive it for a few minutes; pulled over and shut it off. At first, it wouldn't restart (I'm thinking- thanks, FCA; here we go). When it did start after a couple of attempts, the same issues persisted until I got home. I shut it off for about a minute, and at that point it let me change the temps and seemed to be normal. I'm guessing if I take it to the dealer it will show everything as fine, so I'd like to check the codes right away if it ever happens again. In JKs you could pull codes after cycling the ignition a few times. Is that doable with JLs? How about for HVAC/ infotainment units?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Yes, if you have an error that throws a code and lights up the MIL (check engine) you can read it and clear it with almost any OBD-II device (https://www.amazon.com/s?k=obd2).

Have you seated all your fuses yet? Make sure they're all pushed down properly. Many electrical problems come and go because a fuse rattled loose.

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yes, thanks to the forum I pushed in all my fuses the first day I brought it home, and about a third were not all the way seated.

Funny story...this morning the Jeep had a few more random electrical gremlins- no parksense, no stop start...Remember, I'm in this thing less than a month, so after nearly 200k relatively flawless miles in a couple of JKs I'm starting to get pissed. Flash back to last weekend: I checked the oil and it's pretty far up the dipstick so I take it to the dealer Monday and also mention that one of the hard top insulation panels is sagging and the wipers are parked off the windshield and onto the paint (first world problems, but hey- this is an expensive vehicle). They tell me the oil level is fine- ok, a little more searching online and it turns out if you don't hold your mouth just right when checking the oil the dipstick tube can cause high readings if you don't put the dipstick in just right- I guess that's my fault, but nice design, FCA (2.0 eTorque, by the way). The service adviser tells me that it takes all day to get the wipers adjusted, and it involved reprogramming the computer and disconnecting the battery. Can you guess where this is going?

At lunch, I get a no start and everything dies- no pretty lights in the dash or the 8.4. I'm in a parking garage and wondering how the hell this thing is going to get towed out of here. Pop the hood and start looking around- long story short (too late) the negative battery cable is completely loose. Since I'm backed in and can't get to my tools, I have to run up to the office and grab the pliers and crescent wrench from the departmental "just for women" tool set (not even kidding) and go to work. Thanks, Mr. Dealership technician :)

Yellow_Rubi-can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I got questions that dont deserve their own thread...

Anyone knows what color will be discontinued next??

Also if there is a pattern (from the JK days) to what colors will be released, what will Jeep most likely release next (after sarge green that is)

Sponsored

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Can anyone point me towards a post or youtube showing how to get the fog light wire harness out of the front plastic bumper please. I really don't want to rip the whole thing apart right now and it is not obvious to me.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Are stock sway bar links the same across Sport, Rubi, and Sahara?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Long version: I've had my 2019 JLUR for about 3 weeks, and after a start the 8.4 defaulted to a different color scheme and showed the climate control temps as LOW (and also kicked on the AC). I drive it for a few minutes; pulled over and shut it off. At first, it wouldn't restart (I'm thinking- thanks, FCA; here we go). When it did start after a couple of attempts, the same issues persisted until I got home. I shut it off for about a minute, and at that point it let me change the temps and seemed to be normal. I'm guessing if I take it to the dealer it will show everything as fine, so I'd like to check the codes right away if it ever happens again. In JKs you could pull codes after cycling the ignition a few times. Is that doable with JLs? How about for HVAC/ infotainment units?
Hi Wapiti,
We certainly understand the frustration you may have with this concern. If you do decide to bring this to the attention of your dealer, please remember that we are available for additional support via private messaging.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored