QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Here is another youtube video of Jeep FCA rep stating that MOPAR parts, specifically the snorkel can be "bought from your dealer, to be installed or 'soon available as part of the factory assembly process'":
Sponsored

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Ordered my Sahara with LED Package, but no safety group. Does anyone know what rear taillights look like in LED without blind spot awareness?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Muddog, perhaps this is your answer.

When I went to jeep.com configuration tool, I chose your Sahara, and then on it, choose neither the LED or safety group I got this picture at the top of the screen of the tail lights.

withoutledorsafety.png

And when I chose either the LED or Safety I got this:

withledorsafety.png

I trust you can see the difference in the design of the tail lights. The First picture appears to have the reverse light whites on the bottom half of the rear light assembly, while the second seems to have them as a strip in the middle of the assembly.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Maybe I missed it here. Did FCA ever mention/explain why the power top would take a while to be introduced/offered for purchase after the initial opening of the JL order banks?

cbasil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Are the JL front and rear cup holders still illuminated like the JK?

Sponsored

Arctichawk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winnebago Vectra, Honda CRV
Hi all. Looking at ordering my first Jeep! I will probably get a Rubicon and would like the steel bumpers. I am a retired guy and live full time in my 40 foot diesel pusher RV and will be towing the Jeep four wheels down. Does anyone know if the mounting brackets that will be needed to be added to the Jeep will interfere with the steel bumpers or am I best just getting the standard bumpers?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
This is a comment, not a question.

The sun shining on this JL at precisely this point in the below linked youtube video makes me wonder what a multicolored JL might look like:

Maybe not;)

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Will JK wheels will fit the JL? I'm thinking of keeping an eye out on craiglist for a set to use as winter wheels. Do they have the same bold pattern?

cbasil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Will JK wheels will fit the JL? I'm thinking of keeping an eye out on craiglist for a set to use as winter wheels. Do they have the same bold pattern?
They do both have the same bolt pattern (just confirmed by another member in the "Exterior mods" section)

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Ordered my Sahara with LED Package, but no safety group. Does anyone know what rear taillights look like in LED without blind spot awareness?
The difference in @RussJeep1 reply was std halogen vs LED’s. The safety package mandates you get LED tail lights.

Just a guess but I think the LED without the safety package would be the same but that plastic part on the side would just be cosmetic and not hold the sensor unit

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe I missed it here. Did FCA ever mention/explain why the power top would take a while to be introduced/offered for purchase after the initial opening of the JL order banks?
Just my guess..

Jeep has a bunch of bullets in their JL gun. Why shoot them all off at first. Save a few for later.

New for 2020... The Wrangler power top.

New for 2021... Flying Wrangler

BTTFFlyingCars.jpg

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. Looking at ordering my first Jeep! I will probably get a Rubicon and would like the steel bumpers. I am a retired guy and live full time in my 40 foot diesel pusher RV and will be towing the Jeep four wheels down. Does anyone know if the mounting brackets that will be needed to be added to the Jeep will interfere with the steel bumpers or am I best just getting the standard bumpers?
Arctichhawk,

I too am planning to flat tow - have a roadmaster stowmaster that will need to be fitted. I ordered steel (want a winch) and it's likely that Roadmaster will provide a bolt on (likely have to trim metal skidplate or plastic if NOT metal bumpers) as they've done in the past. My towbar will not work with the aftermarket attachment points but some do giving you more options I think. I'm OK with my Stowmaster so I'll save a few bucks there.

Just waiting for Roadmaster to fabricate something OR I'll have a local welder build me one.

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Purchased my first Jeep so go easy on me. I get that a lift kit elevates your truck, but what exactly do they do to lift the vehicle, how much are a decent set (purchase and labor), and what Brand is good? I don’t need the Best set, just a good set.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
Purchased my first Jeep so go easy on me. I get that a lift kit elevates your truck, but what exactly do they do to lift the vehicle, how much are a decent set (purchase and labor), and what Brand is good? I don’t need the Best set, just a good set.
Note that the JL is so new that the only lift i have seen so far markets as built for the JL is the MOPAR kit but this is the general concession

There are 3 main types of lifts for wranglers body lift, budget boost, and full suspension lift. All three will open up space between your tire and your fenders allowing you to fit taller tires but each comes with pros and cons

Body lift - these are just spaces that you install between the body of the jeep and the frame
Pros: tends to be the cheapest and easiest to install can work with other lift methods, keeps ride quality the same
Con: with more high creates a gap between the frame and body, does not lift up frame mounted parts (engien tranny ect), can cause issues with parts that come through the body (ie shifter holes and wires), limit on max high it comes in

budget boost: spacer that goes between the coil and the top coil mount on the frame
Pros cheaper than a full suspension lift, keeps similar ride quality, lifts up bottom of vehicle
Cons: little more complex to install do to coils needed to be fiddled replaced, ride quality can change if new shocks are required, limit on max height, best to get a alignment afterwards

full suspension kits: new coils, maybe new shocks, control arms and relocation brackets to replace part or most of your suspension system
Pros: maximum amount of height gained, lifts up frame can come with beefier components to replace stock parts
Cons: most expensive, most work to install, ride quality can change due to new shocks and springs
Sponsored