Sponsored

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I don't know what stubby I had on my JK but its short and black and it works great with satellite. I took it off before my trade! :cwl:
Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
leatherseatbehindconsole.jpg

I finally figured out these are in the leather interior JL. These are swimming pools featured in Matt Damon's new movie "Downsizing," right.

I mean they'd have to be, right? What else could they hold, a stick of regular people's sized gum or 2 coins each?
If you don’t get the Rubicon or you don’t get the aux switches the cubby that replaces them is pretty pointless too, about the same size as those things.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Is the inside of a black hard top and the inside of a body painted hard top the same? That app thing they just released shows body color on the inside of the body top. Probably not accurate but I thought I’d ask

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
hard top vs premium soft top

Any one have both? on their JK? What do you think willbe quieter, the base hard top no liners or a premium soft top?

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
MOPAR accessories do not get installed at the factory, they get installed by your dealer before delivery.

Your dealer might be willing to give you some amount of money for your factory items but I wouldn't count on it.
Others posted a rep from Jeep specifically said that some accessories could be installed at the factory (I believe he used the snorkel as an example) and that they would be covered under the manufacturers warranty. Is that not really the case?

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
COBill: there is still some controversy about whether or not some MOPAR parts might be able to be added at the time of assembly. The Jeep rep at the LA Show stated that the MOPAR snorkel could be added at the factory. But it seems no one has been able to confirm this since that time.
It's not a factory option, it's not getting installed by the factory.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
nel1551: On the JK's, the satellite antenna 'hocky puck' is located above the sound bar on the passenger's side.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
hard top vs premium soft top

Any one have both? on their JK? What do you think willbe quieter, the base hard top no liners or a premium soft top?
I've got both. My 17 came with a hard top and I bought a brand new premium soft top off craigslist. The premium is definitely quieter than the standard soft top,, but the hard top is much quieter. Maybe because the doors fit so much tighter on the hard top. You have to slam them to get them to close all the way with the hard top. They close much easier on the soft top, no need to slam them. Supposedly they fixed that issue with the new hard top. I saw one video that said on road the jl hard top was much quieter than the jk hard top.

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I've got both. My 17 came with a hard top and I bought a brand new premium soft top off craigslist. The premium is definitely quieter than the standard soft top,, but the hard top is much quieter. Maybe because the doors fit so much tighter on the hard top. You have to slam them to get them to close all the way with the hard top. They close much easier on the soft top, no need to slam them. Supposedly they fixed that issue with the new hard top. I saw one video that said on road the jl hard top was much quieter than the jk hard top.
It's not about a tighter fit at the doors, it's just more air tight.

On the hard top, there are seals all around and minimal locations for the air pressure to release when you close your door.

On the soft top, air can escape everywhere. Zippers, velcro, seams, basically every single edge/joint/connection, whatever you want to call it.

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I noticed there are some lights / reflectors on the rear bumper inside near the spare tire. Do these light up or are they just reflectors?

Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not about a tighter fit at the doors, it's just more air tight.

On the hard top, there are seals all around and minimal locations for the air pressure to release when you close your door.

On the soft top, air can escape everywhere. Zippers, velcro, seams, basically every single edge/joint/connection, whatever you want to call it.

But wouldn't this mean other vehicles on the road with fixed roofs would be even more air tight and their doors would close even harder?
Also in one of the videos after the LA launch, a Jeep executive demonstrated how easy the new doors closed on the hard top with the windows up I would think that the JL tops are sealed even tighter than the JK hard top.

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
But wouldn't this mean other vehicles on the road with fixed roofs would be even more air tight and their doors would close even harder?
Also in one of the videos after the LA launch, a Jeep executive demonstrated how easy the new doors closed on the hard top with the windows up I would think that the JL tops are sealed even tighter than the JK hard top.
From what I've seen on the forums, there's an issue with hidden vents within the Jeep. There are supposed to be vents that allow that pressure to escape when you close your door. On the JK, they obviously don't work well. They must have improved them on the JL.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I've seen on the forums, there's an issue with hidden vents within the Jeep. There are supposed to be vents that allow that pressure to escape when you close your door. On the JK, they obviously don't work well. They must have improved them on the JL.

That makes more sense, thanks!

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Is the inside of a black hard top and the inside of a body painted hard top the same? That app thing they just released shows body color on the inside of the body top. Probably not accurate but I thought I’d ask
The inside of the hard top is white regardless of exterior color. In my option making the inside body colored would just be too much and too distracting.

stinggray

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
Is it likely that the factory fog lights in the LED package will be able to be reused in an aftermarket bumper?
Sponsored