QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

D-rail

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon v6 2dr A8
Thank you Fudster and Jcruse64, I think improvisation is all that's left. Now the only question is neoprene rubber or a dense foam. I will start with the former, 1/8" thick or 1/16" and report back.
Sponsored

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
So, if you can regear a diff, can you regear a transfer case? Can you make a Sport/Willys/Sahara low range into a 4.10? Or is it a black box type deal?

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
...thinking of using the JLs gasoline as last resort method to run a home generator in a pinch...

anyone know a siphon, like (or if) the GasTapper, that works with the vehicle's anti-siphon measures?

TIA

P.S. GasTapper offers a Car Access Kit for about $15 to see if the full blown device will work on your vehicle https://flowjoe.com/products/accesskit

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I am looking for a rubber seal that goes between the body tub and the hard top in order to eliminate squeaks and road noise. All the searches on forums, aftermarket vendors, etc return gaskets you poke in from the top between the hard top and the freedom panels, or around the windows... I found some gasket material products for older TJ's but I can't find anything for my newer Jeep (2019 JL Wrangler 2 door).

The problem is that the hard fiberglass hard top bolts down directly to the once smooth painted metal of the hard top tub. Because there is no rubber gasket to protect either, the hard top and the tub are all scratched up, there's gaps between the bolts, and the whole thing is a squeaky nightmare when driving. I just wish I could find something - ANYTHING - that has been proven to be a waterproof seal, protect the body tub metal from scratching, and eliminate road noise. So far, all my searches have come up dry. I'm starting here on this forum- hopefully someone has heard of somebody selling this kind of thing.

Many thanks
I’d think you could use some of the “tape” type gasket material they use for pickup truck shell bed covers. Put it on the top so it’s not on the Jeep when topless.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I am looking for a rubber seal that goes between the body tub and the hard top in order to eliminate squeaks and road noise.
This felt tape is a confirmed squeak stopper for the doors and tailgate. Possibly it would serve a similar function for the hard top/body interface also.

Sponsored

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
How minimally frequently in your opinion should a JL be driven before steps are taken to prevent problems associated with its lack of use?

I find myself taking the Sahara out for drive once, maybe twice weekly. It's dual AGM batteries are connected to a trickle charger when parked (on my driveway). I also UV coat the tires, particularly on the side of the vehicle apt to get more sun.

I ask because I recently read a thread about a member who was mothballing their JL for a much longer period than days, where jack stands and increased tire pressure etc. were some approaches.

I suspect I'm fine but I don't know more about this than the collective here. Suggestions or assurances are appreciated.

TIA

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
So, if you can regear a diff, can you regear a transfer case? Can you make a Sport/Willys/Sahara low range into a 4.10? Or is it a black box type deal?
Methinks you’d be a bunch better off buying a entire T case from a wreck than regearing a T case. Don’t know where you drive, but that’d be a lot of hassle, so be sure you actually “need” this before doing it. Lots of folks jump in and modify a Jeep without having any idea whether the mod is actually needed for Their type of use.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Methinks you’d be a bunch better off buying a entire T case from a wreck than regearing a T case. Don’t know where you drive, but that’d be a lot of hassle, so be sure you actually “need” this before doing it. Lots of folks jump in and modify a Jeep without having any idea whether the mod is actually needed for Their type of use.
Agreed on all points. Asking as a genuine curiosity, not because it’s something I’m thinking of doing at all.

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Does anyone make a hardtop JLU gutter mounted roof rack in two separate parts: one for the area behind front seats, like Bestop's
IMG_1120.jpeg
and one for the area above the front seat for when the need to carry additional gear (above and beyond Bestop's rack) outweights the desire to keep open the area above the Freedom Panels or a Sunrider so as to be able to open either of these?

TIA

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
The coating on my start engine button is deteriorating and the light behind the letters is starting to show through. Is this part easily replaceable? In all my googleing all I can seem to find are covers for the ring around the button.

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread IMG_1111

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I took my doors off and drove for a few days without mirrors. I very quickly realized that I want side mirrors for lane changing in both highway and city traffic.

I also decided that doors off is FANTASTIC below 30 MPH. Decent between 30-50, but above 50MPH you have a huge amount of wind buffeting your head and ears. On a motorcycle you have a helmet at high speeds which protects your ears. We drove doorless for 30 miles on the freeway to get to the beach. It wasn't pleasant, but it was bearable. I am also considering the fabric doors.

ANYONE IN HOUSTON/GALVESTON have fabric doors I can ride along and see how they work?
try some cotton balls in your ears.. seriously, used to do this on my harley on the freeway with a loud exhaust. it cuts down the wind noise but you can still hear cars next to you etc. My jeep doesnt bother me but it did my mom, so she puts cotton in her ear and said its much better ride doorless.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Thanks! Looks like it is out of stock at the moment. I'll save the link and check back.
I think you should just paint it the same color as your Jeep, bring a pop of blue inside. Then a little clear so it won’t chip.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy