QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Has anyone cut a stock plastic front bumper into a mid/stubby, making it like the steel bumper with the end caps off?
Sponsored

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
...just when you think you know 3% of all their is to know about Wranglers....

Which JLs get equipped from Stellantis with power rear view mirrors?

TIA

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
...just when you think you know 3% of all their is to know about Wranglers....

Which JLs get equipped from Stellantis with power rear view mirrors?

TIA
Power rear view mirrors? Do you mean auto dim rearview mirror on the windshield, or power adjustable sideview mirrors?

Just checked the Jeep site. Auto dimming rearview mirror is part of the 8.4 infotainment screen package that is an option for everything except the base Sport.

Power adjustable and heated side view mirrors are standard equipment for the Sport S and higher trims.

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Power rear view mirrors? Do you mean auto dim rearview mirror on the windshield, or power adjustable sideview mirrors?

Just checked the Jeep site. Auto dimming rearview mirror is part of the 8.4 infotainment screen package that is an option for everything except the base Sport.

Power adjustable and heated side view mirrors are standard equipment for the Sport S and higher trims.
Thanks Mike. I wanted to know about the mirror inside the vehicle. :)

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thanks Mike. I wanted to know about the mirror inside the vehicle. :)
I'm pretty sure we were all wondering what a "power rear view mirror" was. I'm thinking that @Headbarcode guessed correctly.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Who knows the size of the push to connect air lines on the Inovative AT system, 1/4” or 3/8”? I need to buy some plugs and my Jeep isn’t nearby at the moment. Thanks.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Who knows the size of the push to connect air lines on the Inovative AT system, 1/4” or 3/8”? I need to buy some plugs and my Jeep isn’t nearby at the moment. Thanks.
3/8". Modified the system many times to add more functions.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Not sure if it needed its own thread, but I am mulling over getting some half doors/tube doors for summer this year. But, I am thinking about just getting fronts only to save on cost because honestly its only me driving in my Jeep like 98% of the time and I rarely ever have any passengers in the backseat.

Has anyone else done this? Any wind tunnel issues it could cause? I am assuming my Jeep will look kinda dumb with tube doors on the front and regular doors in the back, but whatever Im driving it not looking at it.

Sponsored

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Not sure if it needed its own thread, but I am mulling over getting some half doors/tube doors for summer this year. But, I am thinking about just getting fronts only to save on cost because honestly its only me driving in my Jeep like 98% of the time and I rarely ever have any passengers in the backseat.

Has anyone else done this? Any wind tunnel issues it could cause? I am assuming my Jeep will look kinda dumb with tube doors on the front and regular doors in the back, but whatever Im driving it not looking at it.
I’ve seen plenty of 4dr people take off only the front, looks a little odd but I can see why only taking off two would be worth it. Never saw anyone on the highway but as long as the rear windows were down too I don’t think it would have any blowout problems. But I have no first hand experience.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
I added these under each seat, so i can turn off a side if not needed. No plug needed. Nothing to lose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08734NT65

I have also built a 2nd long single hose with air gauge to help others in the wild.
Genius! I have the plug in the center console (I think lol it was in the bag with the hoses and that felt like a bad idea) And Ill have to get a 2nd hose cause I put air in my sons car the other day and having to flip it around is a pain.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Genius! I have the plug in the center console (I think lol it was in the bag with the hoses and that felt like a bad idea) And Ill have to get a 2nd hose cause I put air in my sons car the other day and having to flip it around is a pain.
I'll try to search, I posted somewhere about what I made. Might even be able to figure out a parts list if needed. Found it:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...our-jeep-jl-today.3033/page-2320#post-1425836

I have re-worked that 2nd hose a bit, but same general idea.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I am mulling over getting some half doors/tube doors for summer this year. Any wind tunnel issues it could cause?
Depending on your driving speed, the interior of the vehicle will be rather breezy. If it's also a windy day already, the sheer air flow could cause a real distraction. Something to keep in mind. I purposely choose rural B roads (with lower average speeds) as I'm able while running errands and such when tubular doors are in situ on my JLU.

I don't mean to put you off the idea. It is definitely fun to have half doors of any design on the vehicle. Don't forget to configure a mirror solution, too (example).

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 20220511_165817

AlphaActual

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
Question: I have a white rubicon that has the red trim around the decal etc and the red tow hooks on a plastic bumper. I recently came into a Mopar steel bumper off a Rubicon 392 with Gold tow hooks. Would it look bad to add that bumper considering that the gold doesnt match anything of the red accents on the vehicle? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts
Sponsored