hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Is this 100% true? I thought things like tire size stay even when the Tazer is unmarried.
Disconnected yes, unmarried no. When you go through process to unmarry it defaults back to stock.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Is this 100% true? I thought things like tire size stay even when the Tazer is unmarried.
@jludave

Theoretically, when you umarry, all goes back to what it was before the marry.

Now, when you unmarry and then when you remarry, more often then not, tire size will not go back to your custom setting.... yes, sometimes... but not always/usually.. So, usually on a remarry you will have to renter tire sizes..

On a remarry most other custom settings do go back... And again, not always what you see happening.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Are changes made with something like JSCAN app detectable by the dealership?

I was considering getting it to change tire sizes and to enable proxy unlock.
@Recoil: please know that your question works in the reverse to.

What I mean to say by that is that if you asked "are changes made by the dealer detectable by the Jscan app?"

In a matter of speaking: sometimes.

Like you've been contemplating, I too acquired the Jscan app and compatible ODB II Adapter to configure proximity locks. Along with the hardware Jscan worked like a charm in configuring this.

But, if the dealership ever has cause to flash your vehicle it is likely that your Jscan changes will need to be reprogrammed into the vehicle after that flash.

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Honestly, my biggest concern was that they might use it as an excuse to void my warranty just because I wanted to save money and go with JSCAN over a dealership doing it.

I work in IT, so reprogramming stuff after a flash isn't anything new or unexpected to me.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Honestly, my biggest concern was that they might use it as an excuse to void my warranty just because I wanted to save money and go with JSCAN over a dealership doing it.

I work in IT, so reprogramming stuff after a flash isn't anything new or unexpected to me.
I hear that. In my case I might refer my dealer to the message I begged them to write to a district manger to authorize the GXD sales code on my vehicle, to permanently add proximity locks (and whose setting would survive a flash) that was denied and why I needed the Jscan app in the first place to configure the proximity door locks.;)

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@Recoil IMHO, while both the Tazerl JL Mini and the Jscan products are great, for the things you need it seems to me like the Jscan device makes more financial sense.

(Please note that it appears as if the Tazer JL Lite does not support proximity door lock setting changes: I may be wrong about that.)

But even when comparing the Tazer JL Lite's cheaper cost (relative to the Tazer JL Mini) to the Jscan and ODB II adapter, if you want your rig's setting to pass dealership muster before a visit you are either restoring the setting of your tires and proximity locks with Jscan or the Tazer wares....and

"who are we kidding" ....despite both of these settings returning to factory, unless you plan on changing your after sale door locks or tires, when the dealer sees your original factory equipment list (if not corporate seeing your settings) and proximity door handles, if they really want to make a stink....and I don't think the dealer does, your hardware will raise red flags if your reverted vehicle settings don't.

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I think I know the answer but wanted to confirm.

Selec-Trac Question: Looking at the owners manual it advises to only shift into 4H Auto below 45MPH while driving, which makes sense. My question is, can I leave it in 4H Auto while highway driving at speeds like 70MPH? I would think its fine but wanted to throw the question out there.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I think I know the answer but wanted to confirm.

Selec-Trac Question: Looking at the owners manual it advises to only shift into 4H Auto below 45MPH while driving, which makes sense. My question is, can I leave it in 4H Auto while highway driving at speeds like 70MPH? I would think its fine but wanted to throw the question out there.
You can but I would question under what conditions you need to be in 4HI and still doing 70MPH in a Jeep. The only time I've used 4HI on the open road where during snow and heavy rain and never came close to doing 70MPH in those situations.

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
You can but I would question under what conditions you need to be in 4HI and still doing 70MPH in a Jeep. The only time I've used 4HI on the open road where during snow and heavy rain and never came close to doing 70MPH in those situations.
Yeah, its more just for a "set it and forget" mentality which is an attraction to selec-trac. So I am guessing there is no issue setting it and forgetting it on 4H Auto while doing highway driving, but just wanted to make sure. Because as I read it, it doesnt actually go into 4H until there is slipping. Unless I am wrong on how it works.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yeah, its more just for a "set it and forget" mentality which is an attraction to selec-trac. So I am guessing there is no issue setting it and forgetting it on 4H Auto while doing highway driving, but just wanted to make sure. Because as I read it, it doesnt actually go into 4H until there is slipping. Unless I am wrong on how it works.
That's how it works. Had a similar "Auto" setting in an old Pathfinder I had years ago. Set it and forget it.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
My bad... when you said 4HI I was thinking of traditional 4HI not Select Trac. That is more akin to an all wheel drive at that point and does have all the slip in place to handle dry pavement driving at highway speeds obviously.
I was thinking what guy would throw it into 4HI and rip 70MPH on the highway in the rain or snow... lol.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If installing these rain gutter extensions

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 1618539084984

and you already have dammed the rain gutter with Sugru moldable glue (or something similar) like this:

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 1618539224081

should you remove the dam if installing the rain gutter extensions?

I think so but want to be sure.

Thanks.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How would the gutter extensions work otherwise? You're defeating their purpose leaving the dam in place.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
If installing these rain gutter extensions

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 1618539224081

and you already have dammed the rain gutter with Sugru moldable glue (or something similar) like this:

I think so but want to be sure.

Thanks.
I'm guessing the dam doesn't work?
and IMHO the extenders destroy the look of the windshield....

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@Wbino Walter: It's not so much that the dam doesn't work: it does, but rather, the side effects of its functioning correctly:

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread IMG_0122.JPG

When it's raining, and I open the driver's door, water comes dripping down from the point where my arrow is on to the carpet. This dripping point is aft (behind) the front edge of the rain gutter where I created the dam.

Perhaps the solution to my problem does not come from undoing the dam and attaching those gutter extensions, but somehow blocking the flow of water at the point of my arrow with, say, silicone, etc. or introducing some some of channel that allows the water to not exit here, and flow further towards the ground, exiting at a place where below is more closer to outside than inside the vehicle.
Sponsored