Advertisement

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubi
@JeepersCreepersJL

Jake...... Watch this video. Video is about a trailer light but the gist of the ground is the same as with your license plate light.

I'm assuming your license plate does not have a ground wire on it... just has two wires coming out of it not three, thus no ground wire on the license plate light.

With that said, your license plate light is getting it's needed ground from it's contact points..... the two bolts that fasten the license plate light to the bumper...

Anyway, watch this video... pay attention where he says mounting screws need to go into very clean / no powder coat, paint in order to get a good ground.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ight+ground#kpvalbx=_54kkX8W9M7Kp_Qatp4KoAw22

Advertisement

JeepersCreepersJL

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
@JeepersCreepersJL

Jake...... Watch this video. Video is about a trailer light but the gist of the ground is the same as with your license plate light.

I'm assuming your license plate does not have a ground wire on it... just has two wires coming out of it not three, thus no ground wire on the license plate light.

With that said, your license plate light is getting it's needed ground from it's contact points..... the two bolts that fasten the license plate light to the bumper...

Anyway, watch this video... pay attention where he says mounting screws need to go into very clean / no powder coat, paint in order to get a good ground.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ight+ground#kpvalbx=_54kkX8W9M7Kp_Qatp4KoAw22
Rhinebeck01, thanks so much for all your help I really appreciate it! I did get it working :like:
20200801_194401.jpg

JeepersCreepersJL

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
@JeepersCreepersJL

So, was it the ground. How did you correct it? Did the video help?

Anyway, glad you got-er done!!!

Hey, good looking JL you have...
Thanks! And I'm really not sure how it started working, I got a test light and checked all the wires and stuff. Got frustrated with it and started working on the front bumper, when I got done with the front, I went back to the rear and tried everything again and it was working fine haha. Oh well, at least it works now.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubi
Thanks! And I'm really not sure how it started working, I got a test light and checked all the wires and stuff. Got frustrated with it and started working on the front bumper, when I got done with the front, I went back to the rear and tried everything again and it was working fine haha. Oh well, at least it works now.
@JeepersCreepersJL

Whatever you did you must have knocked it around so to speak and in the process you grounded that license plate light... Good you got a test light.... will come in handy..

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Soft top folks:

What's it called when you remove the windows but keep the roof on?

Jelllo

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have a 2019 Sahara with the bright accents around the headlights, fog lights and 7 pieces in the grille. I want to remove them to paint .... instructions to remove?

Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement