Sponsored

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
A thought just crossed my mind.

How do the spare tire covers work for the JL? I imagine the back up camera affects both the hard and soft covers?

I live in my home teams conference rivals home. I want the locals to know the enemy drives amongst them.

I haven't seen any pics with one. Anyone got one?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
A thought just crossed my mind.

How do the spare tire covers work for the JL? I imagine the back up camera affects both the hard and soft covers?

I live in my home teams conference rivals home. I want the locals to know the enemy drives amongst them.

I haven't seen any pics with one. Anyone got one?
They have holes for the camera. Haven't seen any with team logos, but I like this one...
40-camping-vehicle-fire-tent-mountain-design-tire-cover-camera-jeep-wrangler-jl-installed-main_0.jpg

Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
RR light guards?
Nah, those seem mostly for show. I want to protect the entire lens, not the small surface area protected by the grill-style guard. Over time the lenses get sandblasted (at least here in Colorado), protective film will prevent that.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, those seem mostly for show. I want to protect the entire lens, not the small surface area protected by the grill-style guard. Over time the lenses get sandblasted (at least here in Colorado), protective film will prevent that.
Yeah that’s what I figured. Film is probably the best route. Should be a super easy DIY if you can get your hands on some good film. The headlight housings are like easy as shit to remove.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Yeah that’s what I figured. Film is probably the best route. Should be a super easy DIY if you can get your hands on some good film. The headlight housings are like easy as shit to remove.
The problem is that the lenses are really curved, so applying the film may be very tricky. I do have some film left from a project so will be attempting soon.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is that the lenses are really curved, so applying the film may be very tricky. I do have some film left from a project so will be attempting soon.
You got this man! Report back afterwards for sure

I’d cut to shape then cut in half and apply that way

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'm writing here for guidance on the design of a particular aspect of a Wrangler JL roof rack.

Let's simplify this. Envision a rectangle made of pipe whose size is that of the 4 door JL roof, but is completely empty within the confines of the rectangle. I can add pipe within as needed.

What should I fill the inside of the rectangle with to hold items set on top of such material:

1) A web lattice of ratchet straps, strapped tight enough to hold up material?
2) Cargo netting: which I can't strap down tight, and is usually for containing items, not serving as their platform?
3) Aluminum large hole perforated sheets? If you know where I can buy these please say so.

aluminum.jpg

4) Fencing like material?
fencing.jpg

5) Something else?

Thanks

Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Has anyone experienced this? The back panel on the drivers seat keeps sliding down. The bags aren’t very heavy. One contains my first aid kit and the other has my air hose and deflators.

I can push it back up, but it slides back down over time. Strange since it is designed to mount molle bags...
EDEC28BD-567E-479B-8E87-5EA798264407.jpeg

Jeeper18426572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler 2 Door Tank Green
This feels like a stupid question, but how do foreign/ European market Jeeps get built? Are they built with all of the others in Toledo? If so, do they put Euro bumpers on at the factory?

B1188867-1DBD-4BCD-A314-969DD5800D04.jpeg

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
The 33” Rubicon tires do fit a sport model perfectly without spacers or lift. They do not rub on the fenders at all.
Something worth remembering for me!

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
This feels like a stupid question, but how do foreign/ European market Jeeps get built? Are they built with all of the others in Toledo? If so, do they put Euro bumpers on at the factory?
Yes, every Wrangler is assembled in Toledo, Ohio. The Euro bumpers and right-hand-drive Aussie Jeeps with diesel engines and every other part are all done in the same place. Crazy, isn't it?
Sponsored