Andrew2311

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to permanently disable that auto stop/start function without having to remember to hit that stupid button every time?
Sponsored

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Anyone have recommendations for quality 2 way radios? This isn't actually for jeep reasons. My wife and I own a small preschool, but the campus is spread out and we need them for communication. Has to hold up to daily use, communicate across about 100 yds and through block walls, and good squelch control. The ones I got before aren't holding up, dead batteries and such. I'd be looking to buy 6. I obviously am looking for the most bang for the buck. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
Anyone have recommendations for quality 2 way radios? This isn't actually for jeep reasons. My wife and I own a small preschool, but the campus is spread out and we need them for communication. Has to hold up to daily use, communicate across about 100 yds and through block walls, and good squelch control. The ones I got before aren't holding up, dead batteries and such. I'd be looking to buy 6. I obviously am looking for the most bang for the buck. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

81KT5hhzodL._SY606_.jpg

???

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I have some Midland GXT1000 radios, they're not too bad. They have plenty of range for what you need and are pretty solidly built.

You can get a 6 pack on Amazon for $220.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01786WDT4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9vQeDb0MS8R95

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
What is the "easiest" way (it may not be easy) to replace the threaded bolt that lies inside the driver's door upper hinge?

As those who take off their doors often know, the torx "bolts" you undo to take the doors off are hollow and threaded inside; acting more like a nut that a bolt.

Part of the "real" bolt that's in the top door hinge broke off into the torx "bolt" i.e. nut. Don't ask, but it's on me.

I'm I looking at body work, having a new hinge put on and body matched for color, etc.? My JL's white.

Thanks.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Let me revise the above question.

I found the replacement door hinge: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/driver-side-upper-door-hinge-jl-jt-68302125AB

I found the matching MOPAR paint in spray can form to paint the part with.

I think I also need a clear coat like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0082LJMC6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now, the procedure to remove the old hinge, and use touch up paint on the bolts afterwards, right?

But as for the replacement part, what's the procedure to color match it?

Do you lightly spray paint it with the matching paint with "X" coats, each at certain intervals of time, and then apply the clear coat with "X" coats at certain intervals of time?

Thanks.

Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Can you make the mopar remote start work with the 6sp if you buy it aftermarket and install it yourself? Obviously, you could never leave the tranny in gear, but I never do that anyways.
Have you had a remote start on a manual transmission before? They are a very different procedure. You usually have to prep the vehicle for remote before it's turned off, then exit, lock and shutdown with the remote. That being said, it would make the factory remote impossible to use with a manual.

I'm sure this is redundant, but I'll drop it here anyways... https://www.lifewire.com/remote-car-starters-manual-transmissions-534880

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
I'm a Jeep noob (never owned one before, but I really want a JLUR) so I'm glad there is a thread for just these type of questions.

Forgive me if these have been asked elsewhere..

1. Let's say I end up buying a Sport S or Sahara instead of a Rubicon. Can I put the exact factory Rubicon tires on a Sport S or Sahara without any modifications to the suspension, gearing, etc.? If I did buy a JLU in non-Rubicon trim, I'd like to put the Mopar 77072494AB wheels with the same tires the Rubi has on my Jeep. IMHO, those wheels are the most awesome looking wheels for the JL.

2. If a Jeep I buy does not have the factory-installed Tow Group with those four auxillary switches, can that be easily installed? Or is that a nightmare to even try on my own?

3. Same for the factory reinforced hinge-gate.... Can that be put on easily?

4. Anyone know if the Cold Weather package items are pre-wired on Wranglers (in other words, the seat heaters are pre-installled in the seats and steering wheel even if you don't but the cold weather package)? Can the switches for this be added after-the-fact?

5. Why can't I order a JLU Altitude in Bikini? Why can't I order a Sport S with the 8.4" screen and/or LED's? What can't I get the Altitude's dark dashboard on a Rubicon with the Bikini color outside? Why can't I get a Sport S with body-color fenders? What the heck, Jeep?!?!
(I know, no one can answer these...just ranting!)

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I'm a Jeep noob (never owned one before, but I really want a JLUR) so I'm glad there is a thread for just these type of questions.

Forgive me if these have been asked elsewhere..
1. The factory Rubicon 33" tires with rub with Sahara or Sport fenders. You'll need at least a 1" spacer lift to get them under there. Rubicon fenders are higher, and the axles are wider.

2. Yes, you can add that later as long as you're comfortable doing the work. The parts cost less than the factory package, but you have to account for your own time. You'll need to visit the dealer when it's done to have the package code added to your ECU. There is a full thread with the install process.

3. Gate reinforcement needed only for 35"+ tires or similar weight added. Totally do it yourself.

4. If you want the cold-weather package, you'll need to buy it that way. There's WAY too much integration to add that after.

5. Altitude package has limited colors that match the package. Always been that way. There was a JK Winter Edition a few years back that only came in Purple... Call it "provisioning" or part-sourcing or fixed-styling. Why does a Sahara always have the color-matched parts?

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Can you take the door off and put it back on with how it is now? If so, I don't see any reason to "fix" it
I hear you @MrMischief. Normally you'd be absolutely right and I'd agree with you.

I intend on attaching something to those door bolts if my plans work out, and accordingly desire them all to be able to torque. : - )

Thanks though.
Sponsored

Last edited: