Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
My old 98 TJ rides fine for me. Not sure what all the fuss about ride quality comes from unless folks are putting 37s and 4" lifts on then complaining about the ride. I've always had sports sedans too so maybe the Cadillac and Lexus folks are complaining from their cushy ride habits. Looking forward to my JL.
My 2002 TJ was pretty stock and still ran great. I put new shocks on it recently. But my 21 JL rides and handles so much better. That being said I miss my TJ sometimes just due to how simple and old school it was. However I love the JL, it’s been great so far.
Sponsored

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I ordered my JLURD on 2/5, got it 3/22.

Yet, I had to drive 4 hrs one way to find a GMC/Chevy Yukon/Tahoe and ordering one has been closed or I was told at least 4mos. GM is in trouble getting more than a handful of cars to its dealers at a time.

For all its faults, FCA seemed to get people their jeeps.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Very impressive sales figures indeed.

But, if I look at the sales figures of the Wrangler JL and JT I would have expected that the "Service Axle Locker" problem (Diff oil entering the actuator sensor in the diff) would have be on a massive scale. It should happen to every single vehicle with the factory diff lockers over time.

The actuator sensor does not seal - The oil in the diffs will have a variable splash pattern depending on the speed of the vehicle, this means oil entering the sensor will occur in 2H, 4H, 4Auto and 4L i.e. under any condition while mobile.

I wonder if the oil splash pattern in the diffs change with re-gearing, aftermarket diff covers, Tazer allowing lockers to actuate at a higher speed and perhaps over filling the diff with oil.
Sponsored