First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
New here. So I guess you can have an open diff 44 then?
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I certainly hope not - I ordered "anti-spin differential."
After reading more here and elsewhere, to get the open diff 44 you need a manual anything or get the Anti Spin in any automatic. The Rubicons get them regardless of course.

ScottyD-NJ

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Mojito
On my 19 JLU Sahara, (May 2019 build), I ordered anti-slip and Select-Trac. I had a no cost option to choose A/T tires, which I did of course. Got Goodyear AllTerrain Adventure with Kevlar from the factory. We'll see how they do when we get our first snow here in Jersey. Not expecting any fantastic though.

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
On my 19 JLU Sahara, (May 2019 build), I ordered anti-slip and Select-Trac. I had a no cost option to choose A/T tires, which I did of course. Got Goodyear AllTerrain Adventure with Kevlar from the factory. We'll see how they do when we get our first snow here in Jersey. Not expecting any fantastic though.
I'm not understanding, and maybe you can clear it up. Everything available before order that I've seen -- the build configurator and the Jeep order sheets -- does say that the the anti-slip diff includes A/T tires. But the build configurator automatically switches you to A/Ts, and the order sheet does not even have a an order code to order A/Ts (it just says A/Ts included on the line for the A-S-diff). Are you sure there was a no-cost option there that had to be specified, and that you specified and ordered?

Sponsored

ScottyD-NJ

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Mojito
I'm not understanding, and maybe you can clear it up. Everything available before order that I've seen -- the build configurator and the Jeep order sheets -- does say that the the anti-slip diff includes A/T tires. But the build configurator automatically switches you to A/Ts, and the order sheet does not even have a an order code to order A/Ts (it just says A/Ts included on the line for the A-S-diff). Are you sure there was a no-cost option there that had to be specified, and that you specified and ordered?
Correct. A/T was a separate order code ... TRR. Don't forget - mine was a 2019. They may have changed it in 2020. Had I not selected TRR, I would have received the standard ALL SEASON tires. Here is that section of my order sheet:

2019-11-20_2159.png

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct. A/T was a separate order code ... TRR. Don't forget - mine was a 2019. They may have changed it in 2020. Had I not selected TRR, I would have received the standard ALL SEASON tires. Here is that section of my order sheet:

2019-11-20_2159.png
I am staring at that wide-eyed... because I just re-checked both the 2019 and 2020 JLU order guides, and neither has a code TRR listed, for the Sahara, or for any other sub-model for that matter. The code isn't documented. How did you or your dealer know to order a code that no one (at least on the consumer side) can see, and that sounds like it's not needed on the visible documentation?

Also, how do you like the Goodyears so far, for ride and noise?

ScottyD-NJ

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Mojito
I am staring at that wide-eyed... because I just re-checked both the 2019 and 2020 JLU order guides, and neither has a code TRR listed, for the Sahara, or for any other sub-model for that matter. The code isn't documented. How did you or your dealer know to order a code that no one (at least on the consumer side) can see, and that sounds like it's not needed on the visible documentation?

Also, how do you like the Goodyears so far, for ride and noise?
I can promise you that when I was "building" my JLU in late april 2019, on Jeep.com, i had a option to select "255/70r18 All terrain tires" or leave the default selection of All Season. There was nothing hidden. I then sent a list of my choices to my dealer (Criswell in Maryland), and he sent back that build sheet for me to sign.

I am anxious to go through my first Jersey winter with these tires. I don't see many Sahara's with these... most have Duellers. Ride and noise are quite good. But this is my first wrangler and don't have much to compare them to. They did arrive from the factory at 43PSI and they drifted quite a bit as expected. Aired down to 36/37 and it really made a difference.

ScottyD-NJ

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Mojito
I can promise you that when I was "building" my JLU in late april 2019, on Jeep.com, i had a option to select "255/70r18 All terrain tires" or leave the default selection of All Season. There was nothing hidden. I then sent a list of my choices to my dealer (Criswell in Maryland), and he sent back that build sheet for me to sign.

I am anxious to go through my first Jersey winter with these tires. I don't see many Sahara's with these... most have Duellers. Ride and noise are quite good. But this is my first wrangler and don't have much to compare them to. They did arrive from the factory at 43PSI and they drifted quite a bit as expected. Aired down to 36/37 and it really made a difference.
I also do recall something vaguely about ADE (cold weather group) and the tire choice. But for the life of me I can't remember.... doesn't matter though.

of course, my memory could be completely wrong on all of this lol

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah, what I remember on the configurator for 2019 MY (and how it works now for 2020 MY) was that you can select A/Ts, and it tells you that you must select either ASDiff or cold weather group or fancy rims in order to get them. For the Sahara Altitude, it's just the first two of those options, since rims are part of the Altitude package.

If you skip selecting the A/Ts and go down the page and select either the cold weather or the ASD, it gives you a pop-up telling you that it also switched your tires. And, it won't let you switch them back without removing the package. Which is why I never had any thought to tell my dealer what tires I wanted, since it is/was not even possible in the configurator to get the highway tires with the ASDiff or cold weather selected.

Thanks for the review on the Goodyears.

Sponsored

ScottyD-NJ

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Mojito
Yeah, what I remember on the configurator for 2019 MY (and how it works now for 2020 MY) was that you can select A/Ts, and it tells you that you must select either ASDiff or cold weather group or fancy rims in order to get them. For the Sahara Altitude, it's just the first two of those options, since rims are part of the Altitude package.

If you skip selecting the A/Ts and go down the page and select either the cold weather or the ASD, it gives you a pop-up telling you that it also switched your tires. And, it won't let you switch them back without removing the package. Which is why I never had any thought to tell my dealer what tires I wanted, since it is/was not even possible in the configurator to get the highway tires with the ASDiff or cold weather selected.

Ah gotcha. Yeah I went back and forth so many times with different configs.

i will probably go through the winter on the Goodyears and change to 17s next year with a more aggressive tire such as KO2 or Wildpeaks, along with a 2.5 lift.

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, after going through Jeep customer Care, and being sent to Jeep Wave, and them "researching" to see why I got highway tires, they came back and said that the Altitude package changes it back to highways despite the LSD and the cold weather package.

They say I should have seen some listing that mentioned the tires before ordering. I did not.

They have offered me a road hazard warranty on wheels and tires as a customer satisfaction freebie. Which pretty frickin' ironic because one of my many reasons to get a Wrangler was that it has enough sidewall on the tires that I wouldn't have to worry about pothole damage, ike on my last car.

I didn't accept immediately, and they will call back probably today or tomorrow to see whether I want the warranty. But they said that it is fully escalated already and there is no further appeal.

If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears.

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, after going through Jeep customer Care, and being sent to Jeep Wave, and them "researching" to see why I got highway tires, they came back and said that the Altitude package changes it back to highways despite the LSD and the cold weather package.

They say I should have seen some listing that mentioned the tires before ordering. I did not.

They have offered me a road hazard warranty on wheels and tires as a customer satisfaction freebie. Which pretty frickin' ironic because one of my many reasons to get a Wrangler was that it has enough sidewall on the tires that I wouldn't have to worry about pothole damage, ike on my last car.

I didn't accept immediately, and they will call back probably today or tomorrow to see whether I want the warranty. But they said that it is fully escalated already and there is no further appeal.

If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears.
Update, should be the final one.

- Wave called me back after a week or so. I told them I wasn't interested in the the road hazard warranty, and (again) that I was very disappointed that I didn't get the equipment that I should have, and that even today if you configure the vehicle online it will select the A/T tires, and won't even allow selection of highway tires. This time they said they would try again to see if there was something else that could be done, despite them having said previously that the road hazard warranty was a final offer and that there was no higher level to appeal to.
- Wave called in a few days to say that they would supply the A/T tires, provided that the dealership would accept their $$ offer to compensate the dealer for their purchase and installation. I do not know what that amount was, it was only between Wave and the dealer.
- The dealer accepted, and ordered the tires. I went to the dealer a week later, and had them installed.
- End result is that I have the A/Ts that should have been there according to all consumer-available documentation. Plus I came home with the original highway tires, with only 1900 miles on them.

Through all of this the Wave rep was courteous and professional. I was the same, plus persistent. And about four months.

The tires, compared the highway tires, have a somewhat more aggressive pattern, but I haven't found them to be any louder on the road.I don't know if there is any affect on milage, since I will have one tankful mostly city driving and the next mostly highway.
Sponsored