OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
2018 JLU Sahara's and others with LSD came with Bridgestone A/T's. If you ordered LSD and Selec Trac your vehicle came with Bridgestone H/T's! I got my build sheets and that's what it said? I still went to dealer they said same, called Jeep and they said the same. Disappointing but that was the deal. Tires/Tyres were great on highway (H/T's) lousy on simple off road stuff! Bought Falken A/T's, great off and on road except not sure if wearing well. we'll see??

All above about 2018 JLU so I am not sure about 2020 of course. I belive if you order LSD with Selec trac the factory supposes you are a sissy and give you H/T's!!! lol Maybe they've changed their thinking?

Go Jeep!!!
I do indeed have both the LSD and Selec-Trac. If Jeep's "policy" is to switch back to the highway tires if you add the S-T in addition to the LSD, this is in contradiction to both their build configurator and their order guide.

I have an inquiry in with Jeep, and Jeep Wave is supposed to call me on Monday.
Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
For what it’s worth, I found the Bridgestone A/Ts to be downright dangerous on wet pavement. Three or four times the back end slid out from under me while normally accelerating around curves and corners. It takes A LOT to get my heart rate up in a vehicle. With that said, the last time it happened while I was driving STRAIGHT to merge onto I-75. That scared the crap out of me. Within a week I had them replaced with Toyo Open Country A/T 2s. HUGE difference! The vehicle is just too torquey for the Bridgestones to maintain contact with the pavement, in my opinion.

By the way, I purchased a 2018 Sport with LSD; it came with the A/Ts.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
True that the KO2s would be a large step up in the snow, and are rated with the 3 Peak symbol because of it. But, having seen them side by side, even if they share the same tread compound, the Dueler A/Ts look like they would do better in snow than the Dueler H/Ts, and I think I saw a tire test article that showed this.
I have dueler A/T 's . I have used them in the snow the last couple of days . They are fine. My wifes jeep came with the Dueler H/T 's. No way would I run them them in winter. Put snows on hers.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tire and tyre both mean a covering for a wheel, usually made of rubber. Tire is the preferred spelling in the U.S. and Canada. Tyre is preferred in most varieties of English outside North America. Of course, all English speakers use tire in the sense to grow weary.
Okay,move on . This discussion is tyresome !

Sponsored

RTW Colorado

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I do indeed have both the LSD and Selec-Trac. If Jeep's "policy" is to switch back to the highway tires if you add the S-T in addition to the LSD, this is in contradiction to both their build configurator and their order guide.

I have an inquiry in with Jeep, and Jeep Wave is supposed to call me on Monday.
My Sahara just delivered with anti-slip, came with the Dueler A/Ts - but I have Command Trac NOT Selec Trac which is why you have the H/Ts. H/T or A/T you want to get rid of either if you live in a snowy climate and get the KO2s. I just made the swap and sold the Duelers on Craigslist. I live on a mile long, steep, dirt road at 8,000 feet where we get plenty of snow. the BFG is the only tire I have ever had success in snow and ice on steep terrain.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
pilotJeep, I am talking of a Jan. 2018 build JLUS but I agree it seemed very strange. Order LSD get AT's, add S-T get HT's. I printed after purchase build sheets and sure enough S-T, LSD and HT tires!! They are in my garage taking up space, liking the new Falken's quiet, yet fairly aggressive, great off road concerned about wear, we'll see?

Go Jeep!!!

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
@Pilotjeep

Why don’t you start by posting your build sheet here. Then we can go from there.

Replace the “X’s” with your VIN number.

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

^^^. Wow. FINALLY someone posted a way for me to find my "build sheet". Been tying to access this via different means for some time. THIS works. I simply did a copy / paste of the https: above and inputted my serial number to get my build sheet. Magical. THANKS FOR POSTING THIS! ......and my new Rubi JLU is on the way (with all the right stuff!)

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
^^^. Wow. FINALLY someone posted a way for me to find my "build sheet". Been tying to access this via different means for some time. THIS works. I simply did a copy / paste of the https: above and inputted my serial number to get my build sheet. Magical. THANKS FOR POSTING THIS! ......and my new Rubi JLU is on the way (with all the right stuff!)
No problem buddy! Here to help!

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pilotJeep, I am talking of a Jan. 2018 build JLUS but I agree it seemed very strange. Order LSD get AT's, add S-T get HT's. I printed after purchase build sheets and sure enough S-T, LSD and HT tires!! They are in my garage taking up space, liking the new Falken's quiet, yet fairly aggressive, great off road concerned about wear, we'll see?

Go Jeep!!!
Funny, I have selec-trac and lsd and I have A/T tires. I think the polished wheels have something to do with it.

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny, I have selec-trac and lsd and I have A/T tires. I think the polished wheels have something to do with it.
higbyz, when did you get yours, amnd which tires are they - Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
higbyz, when did you get yours, amnd which tires are they - Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts?
Ordered the jeep in sept took delivery in oct. They are Bridgestone Dueler A/T

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered the jeep in sept took delivery in oct. They are Bridgestone Dueler A/T
Hmm, I ordered end of August, delivered in September.
Sponsored