Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I understand thereā€™s a difference. The point Iā€™m making is that his build sheet says ā€˜all seasonā€™ and thatā€™s what heā€™s got regardless of how we spell tyres lol
I was pretty sure you knew the difference, just thought you might be having a momentary lapse in cognitive ability lol.
The OPs concern is that when the anti-spin diff is selected and ordered, it changes the configuration from all seasons to all terrains. From the pics posted, he has the M220 (Dana 44) but it looks like that is standard, whether anti-spin or not. Soooo - either he has the standard rear diff and all seasons or he has the anti-spin and they put the wrong tires (tyres) on.
To tell if you have anti-spin (limited slip for most of us), jack up the rear and spin one tire. If the other tire spins in the opposite direction you have an open diff, if the other tire spins in the same direction you have anti-spin.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Your window sticker should have the tires your vehicle was delivered with. Check the glove box and see if it was left for you, most dealers do this.

Senator71

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
All season tyres being different than all terrain tyres ...... seriously, thatā€™s just a weird way to spell tires.
For what it's worth, other than the Good Ol' US of A - tYre is the way the ENGLISH language spells tYre!!!!!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
OK, I see that - it's the D44. And hopefully LS per the build spec sheet.

The question remains, why do I have highway tires when all specs available when ordering say that it should have A/Ts
All season tires and All terrain are not necessarily the same thing. If you made the mistake to choose highway tires on the sheet thats what you get. the LSD comes default with AT tires. If you chose AT tires and didnt get AT tires then they made a mistake. People make mistakes so stop asking "why" to us. Go to the dealer and ask them why and claim your AT tires. Thats all you need to do.

You made a deal with them, in that deal you agreed to get AT tires. So you go and tell them they made a mistake and they'll give you your tires. If they don't, then you complain.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
Iā€™m a bit confused here, your posted build sheet lists...ā€œ255/70R18 All Season Tiresā€ and the Bridgestone site says the tyres you have are ā€œall seasonā€ so Iā€™m not sure where the confusion is?
The problem is not that it was delivered per the sheet. The problem is that the sheet is wrong (and the tires, or tyres). LS comes with A/T; sheet should have specified A/Ts, and they should have been on the truck.

I was parked next to a JLU Sahara today, so I took a look. It had the same diff as mine, and Dueler A/Ts (not Dueler H/Ts like mine).

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
OP....have you contacted the dealership? We know you have the lsd, and all season tires. We know the sticker shows that config. We know that normally lsd comes with all terrain tires. We can't know why yours didn't. Really, nobody but the dealer can tell you any more.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
OK, so I appreciate our consumer laws may differ but in the U.K. the build sheet would be part of the contract between the seller and the buyer.

So in this situation the seller would simply refer to the build sheet and confirm that they had supplied what had been agreed/ordered. Is that not the case in US law?

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
I'm trying to find out whether I got the right tires on my 2020 JLU Sahara from the factory. It has the 18" wheels.

Here's the possible issue:
On both the Jeep Order Guide, and with the online build configurator, it says that when you get the Anti-spin rear differential option, it includes "All-terrain tires" or "255/70R18 All-Terrain Tires." This applies for both the Sahara and the Sahara Altitude. (It could apply for other variants too, I haven't checked.)

Mine, which has the anti-spin diff, was delivered with Bridgestone Dueler H/T 685 113T's. They have a standard highway tread pattern, which looks like it will be worthless in snow. I wanted the AS diff and the tires so I wouldn't have to worry for driving to winter sports.

Tire Rack describes the Dueler H/T as "Highway All-season," and calls two versions of the Dueler A/T "On/Off Road All-Terrain." So, I am thinking that Jeep is delivering vehicles with the wrong, standard tires when the AS diff is ordered.

So, my question is this: on your 2020 JLU Sahara with 18" wheels,
1. do you have the standard rear diff or the anti-slip rear diff, and
2. what tires did it come with?

I want to know if FCA is pulling a fast one by supplying the same tires for both. If so, I want to get my proper tires. Thanks.
The A/T tires that Jeep offers on the Wrangler are not any better than all season tires in the snow unless you buy a Rubicon, which comes with KO2s installed. The KO2 is an all-season tire that carries the 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol, indicating that it exceeds the Rubber Manufacturer Association's severe snow traction requirements.

Sponsored

Senator71

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Canada here. Tire is spelt like this
Tire and tyre both mean a covering for a wheel, usually made of rubber. Tire is the preferred spelling in the U.S. and Canada. Tyre is preferred in most varieties of English outside North America. Of course, all English speakers use tire in the sense to grow weary.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
2018 JLU Sahara's and others with LSD came with Bridgestone A/T's. If you ordered LSD and Selec Trac your vehicle came with Bridgestone H/T's! I got my build sheets and that's what it said? I still went to dealer they said same, called Jeep and they said the same. Disappointing but that was the deal. Tires/Tyres were great on highway (H/T's) lousy on simple off road stuff! Bought Falken A/T's, great off and on road except not sure if wearing well. we'll see??

All above about 2018 JLU so I am not sure about 2020 of course. I belive if you order LSD with Selec trac the factory supposes you are a sissy and give you H/T's!!! lol Maybe they've changed their thinking?

Go Jeep!!!

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP....have you contacted the dealership? We know you have the lsd, and all season tires. We know the sticker shows that config. We know that normally lsd comes with all terrain tires. We can't know why yours didn't. Really, nobody but the dealer can tell you any more.
Yes, I contacted the dealer. He last said that he was waiting to hear back from Jeep - six days ago. He also said he checked the trucks on his lot, and they were shod the same as mine (and that regular Sahars were shod with Goodyears). Between then and now, he has failed to return three phone calls.

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, so I appreciate our consumer laws may differ but in the U.K. the build sheet would be part of the contract between the seller and the buyer.

So in this situation the seller would simply refer to the build sheet and confirm that they had supplied what had been agreed/ordered. Is that not the case in US law?
I am reasonably sure that I did not see the build sheet prior to ordering, only the "configuration preview" price workup, with all the ordered options. The tires are an "included with another option" feature, and so do not appear there.

OP
OP

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The A/T tires that Jeep offers on the Wrangler are not any better than all season tires in the snow unless you buy a Rubicon, which comes with KO2s installed. The KO2 is an all-season tire that carries the 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol, indicating that it exceeds the Rubber Manufacturer Association's severe snow traction requirements.
True that the KO2s would be a large step up in the snow, and are rated with the 3 Peak symbol because of it. But, having seen them side by side, even if they share the same tread compound, the Dueler A/Ts look like they would do better in snow than the Dueler H/Ts, and I think I saw a tire test article that showed this.
Sponsored