zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates for the people that were getting their jeeps serviced?

Also you guys mention it being loud going into reverse. Does it also jerk the jeep? When I go to reverse I get the delay, then 3-4 seconds later it slams into reverse and actually jerks back. I need to make sure I have decent pressure on the brake when putting into reverse.
Sponsored

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
I too started have this same issues on my wifes 2019 JLUR with 25,000 miles. It first started about 15,000 miles and gradually got worse. I did not notice it because I did not drive it as often as she does. I have a 2020 JLUR.

This loud bang now happens every time she shifts from park to reverse, on a flat surface and when the engine is cold. This does not happen after the vehicle has warmed up.

It gets dropped off at the stealership on March 1st for this issue, the steering issue and the 8.4 freezing and constantly resetting.

My best guess is that we will have it back some time around December.

I will update with what I am told, but here is my prediction for the loud banging noise when shifting into reverse.

1. Cannot duplicate problem
or
2. Normal characteristic of vehicle.

Sorry that I forgot to update this. The dealership actually did duplicate the problem.

Their remedy was too replace the rear drive shaft. The tech indicated that there was "too much play and slop in rear drive shaft." Mopar replaced the drive shaft, I know I checked, with a new one.

My problem is now gone, but there is no guarantee that it will not return.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry that I forgot to update this. The dealership actually did duplicate the problem.

Their remedy was too replace the rear drive shaft. The tech indicated that there was "too much play and slop in rear drive shaft." Mopar replaced the drive shaft, I know I checked, with a new one.

My problem is now gone, but there is no guarantee that it will not return.
When you had the reverse issue did you notice it shifting rough in any other gears?

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
40K miles on my 19 JLUR, it has done it at every "cold start" every morning when I get into it. Haven't had any issues. My 2013 Silverado did the same thing.

Sponsored

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
40K miles on my 19 JLUR, it has done it at every "cold start" every morning when I get into it. Haven't had any issues. My 2013 Silverado did the same thing.
Is it just a noise going into reverse or also a jerk? And other gears shifted smoothly?

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a noise. almost like a loud knock. everything else runs perfectly!
Mine jerks into reverse after the 3 second delay. And 4th gear isn't smooth. Probably try to take it to a dealer next week.

Brian88

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Reviving an old thread, any updates or resolution besides the rear driveshaft being replaced? Mine happend at 22,000k, hard shift into reverse at cold start, and 2nd into 3rd gear is not smooth transition, the rpm revs higher rather than lower.

@
sbrimer
has the issue return since having your driveshaft replaced?

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Reviving an old thread, any updates or resolution besides the rear driveshaft being replaced? Mine happend at 22,000k, hard shift into reverse at cold start, and 2nd into 3rd gear is not smooth transition, the rpm revs higher rather than lower.

@
sbrimer
has the issue return since having your driveshaft replaced?
Hi there. If you continue to experience concerns and don't find the answers you're seeking from the other forum members, we'd suggest a visit to a certified Jeep dealership. If you decide to go that route and want support, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Brian88

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Hi there. If you continue to experience concerns and don't find the answers you're seeking from the other forum members, we'd suggest a visit to a certified Jeep dealership. If you decide to go that route and want support, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I have and they have not been helpful!
Sponsored