Sponsored

Putting a Car seat in A 4 door

• Thread starter Deleted member 29342
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 29342

Hello everyone yesterday I placed my order for a JLUR so now it’s the waiting game. Currently I’m our GC we have our daughter car seat behind the passenger seat. If I was to do the same when I get the JLUR will the wind affect my daughter with the top down?. What do other people recommend?
Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Hello everyone yesterday I placed my order for a JLUR so now it’s the waiting game. Currently I’m our GC we have our daughter car seat behind the passenger seat. If I was to do the same when I get the JLUR will the wind affect my daughter with the top down?. What do other people recommend?
I have my daughter behind my seat (she is 2 years old) and has worked out great. The sun usually stays out of her eyes as well a little bit more.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

My daughter will be 2 in March. I have a lot of people tell me the middle

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Keep in mind wind noise isn't good for adult hearing, and it's especially not good for children's hearing. Depending on the drive lengths and speeds, it can cause gradual hearing damage. If you're rolling with doors off or windows down, be mindful, and consider hearing protection. Take it from someone with tinnitus, avoid hearing damage whenever possible. Cruising around town is one thing, but 70+ on the highway for an hour is a different story.

http://dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/ has a little chart.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Keep in mind wind noise isn't good for adult hearing, and it's especially not good for children's hearing. Depending on the drive lengths and speeds, it can cause gradual hearing damage. If you're rolling with doors off or windows down, be mindful, and consider hearing protection. Take it from someone with tinnitus, avoid hearing damage whenever possible. Cruising around town is one thing, but 70+ on the highway for an hour is a different story.

http://dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/ has a little chart.
Thanks for the heads up. I would never take the doors off with my daughter in the Jeep. I’ll keep her windows up too

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I have 2 boys (4 1/2 & 2), and they love riding around with the top off. Well, at least they did when the weather wasn't minus-infinity with 800 mph windgusts. #ThanksWinter

As other commenters said, may be a bit nicer to keep the windows up to avoid excessive wind at higher speeds. But the Jeep has a moderate air pocket inside when the top is off and windows up, which prevents too much direct wind in the backseat passengers' faces.
Sponsored