Sponsored

Push-thru gas cap

2019 JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Has anyone used a push-thru gas cap on a JL with the fuel door. Like the Tanks Inc. Push-Thru Caps PTC from Summit Racing. Pass thru cap is standard on the Grand Cherokee and I love it.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used a push-thru gas cap on a JL with the fuel door. Like the Tanks Inc. Push-Thru Caps PTC from Summit Racing. Pass thru cap is standard on the Grand Cherokee and I love it.
My thinking is that could too easily lead to unwanted fuel cell contamination. Jeeps are designed with the assumption of everything getting covered in mud, and with replaceable fuel filters going the way of the dodo bird, it would be a costly fix to get trail souvenirs out of the tank.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
following...

question...

Would--if they exist--someone link a JL compatible push through gas cap? (I assume the push through has no key based locking mechanism.)

Of course I'd not like one that causes diagnostic lights in the dash like what can happen if a stock gas cap is not on tight enough.

Truth--I'm not an off-roader (I completely respect those who are) and I have a MOPAR gas cap cover--although I'd be inclined to replace it with a locking cover as my current non-push gas cap is a MOPAR key matching one.

(i.e. I'd like lock restriction for what goes in (or comes out) of my tank at some point)

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited: