DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've read somewhere that you can get those Mopar lights straight from the manufacturer, for less money. Anybody know where to find those? I've heard they are exceptionally bright.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Special Procedures Radiologic Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
I've read somewhere that you can get those Mopar lights straight from the manufacturer, for less money. Anybody know where to find those? I've heard they are exceptionally bright.
So the manufacturer is:

http://www.tyrilights.com/en-us/home/

They are available on other sites and EBay for a lot less. Do your research and I think you will be pleasantly surprised by what you can add. They are amazingly bright. I highly suggest them for your rig!!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
So the manufacturer is:

They are available on other sites and EBay for a lot less. Do your research and I think you will be pleasantly surprised by what you can add. They are amazingly bright. I highly suggest them for your rig!!
Wow, they have many models. Any idea which are the Mopar equivalent?

Sponsored

Chopper0425

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU - (Soon to be JLUR)
Occupation
Oilfield Inspector
Which model do you have on the Jeep?

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, they have many models. Any idea which are the Mopar equivalent?
I think the 1010 would be closest to the 5" A-Pillar lights and the 1313 would be closest to the 7" Winch Hoop lights. If you research there are plenty of sites these are available, including agricultural/implement sites.

Chopper0425

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU - (Soon to be JLUR)
Occupation
Oilfield Inspector
OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
you said there were high quality but less expensive alternatives?
Yes, The company that makes the OEM Jeep lights for the 2018 JL is:

You can buy comparable lights from other sources, like implement dealers for farm and construction equipment. They are also available on eBay. The models that I believe are closest to the Jeep OEM 7" and 5" lights are models 1010 and 1313.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So an interesting story: My wife was driving the JLUR through St. Paul, MN a few weeks ago and was pulled over by a St. Paul officer. She was issued a "Fixit" ticket because the tires extend out beyond the fender flares. Our's only stick out a couple of inches. None the less, it is a law in our state. We drove our 2013 JKUR for 5 years. Those tires stuck out further than the ones on the JLUR and no officer ever blinked an eye!

We have been searching high and low to find extended, or wide, fender flares. Well, today we were offered great news from Bushwacker. They finally are taking pre-orders for the "Jeep Max Coverage Pocket Style Fenders" for the 2018 JL Jeeps. They referred me to:

https://www.4wheelparts.com

We contacted 4wheelparts.com. They did not have the part number in their system yet. So, we asked them how we can make it happen? We were placed on hold and a short time later, the representative came back on the line and took our order!!!

The part number is: 10921.07. Out the door cost with free shipping is only $589.12. Almost $100 cheaper than the same set for the JK models. They do not have a ship date as of yet. But at least it is getting closer! It is our understanding that these will accept the factory LED fender lights! Another great piece of news!!

We most likely will have them Line-x'ed. We like that look a lot better than the standard plastic appearance. Stay tuned. More to follow!!

You can see the "Jeep Max Coverage Style Fenders" for the JK models here:

Rear: https://www.bushwacker.com/fender-f...ender-flare-rear-pair-oe-matte-black-10044-02

Front: https://www.bushwacker.com/fender-f...nder-flare-front-pair-oe-matte-black-10045-02

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We did install the "Spiderwebshade" on our JLUR last weekend. We opted for the JL4D model. We chose purple for obvious reason. The install was simple and the results are amazing. This is by far one of the best additions to our JLUR so far. The sun glare is drastically reduced as well as the wind. We also like the fact that it will protect us from unseen flying objects that could enter our JLUR as we are driving down the road.

Pictures will follow, as we have not had a chance to wash the beast since the install. If you are seeking an awesome shade accessory, we HIGHLY suggest the following!

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/jeep-products/jeep-type/jl/jl4d/

jeepmom99

First Name
Karla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR and 2018 JLU
I am in LOVE with your JL! Please forgive me if this question has been asked but I've searched the thread for the name of the color and I haven't found it. I am going to wrapping my JK soon and I would love to have the same color done. By chance is it the 3M Royal Purple? Thank you!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Didn't read the whole thread but holy crap that Purple is just simply BEAUTIFUL. It is an awesome shade of purple. How durable are these wraps? I would imagine through the years they start to get torn up.
Sponsored