Purple JL Wrangler Rubicon (JLUR) Build

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
Let me start by saying its beautiful...but it looks like they tore down quite a bit of the jeep to apply the wrap...but didn't even bother taking the hard top off? Note the area above the taillight. If it were mine, they'd be re wrapping the rear quarters with the top off.
I actually understand not wrapping around where the top would go on and off...that would cause some wear.
I'm more curious about the front around the bottom and sides of the grille.

No matter what though, I love it and it looks real clean!
Sponsored

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Special Procedures Radiologic Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
Today we added the M.O.R.E. Fire Extinguisher Bracket to the Purple JLUR. The install took like five minutes. Is does look sharp. My only concern would be how it will affect the soft top mounting brackets. Our soft top has yet to arrive. Once it does I will share what I have discovered. In the meantime, here are photos from today's install. I did add some small self-stick bumpers to avoid rattling.

Here is a link to the Fire Extinguigher Bracket:

https://www.mountainoffroad.com/jeep-jl/815572023728.html

APC_1817-2.jpg

APC_1820-2.jpg

Last edited:

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
Today we added the M.O.R.E. Fire Extinguisher Bracket to the Purple JLUR. The install took like five minutes. Is does look sharp. My only concern would be how it will affect the soft top mounting brackets. Our soft top has yet to arrive. Once it does I will share what I have discovered. In the meantime, here are photos from today's install. I did add some small self-stick bumpers to avoid rattling.

APC_1817-2.jpg

APC_1820-2.jpg
Wow that looks great! Can’t wait to hear your findings with the soft top as this will be a must have for me if there are no issues.

Great work on this rig. I love it.

JeepOn

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, RAM 3500, E350 Benz
This is an awesome build. I love the matte purple. Looking forward to seeing you improve your Jeep and make it your own.

SKOL. Minnesota kid living in AZ. Black JL Rubicon. Thinking of wrapping mine too!
I've spoken to a few wrap shops here in the valley recently. Several are tentative about wrapping a Jeep to begin with and the ones that will do it, cautioned me that the wrap really only lasts about three to four years. Mainly because of the intense summer heat we experience, the wrap starts to crack and darken much much sooner than it does in cooler climates.

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is an awesome build. I love the matte purple. Looking forward to seeing you improve your Jeep and make it your own.

I've spoken to a few wrap shops here in the valley recently. Several are tentative about wrapping a Jeep to begin with and the ones that will do it, cautioned me that the wrap really only lasts about three to four years. Mainly because of the intense summer heat we experience, the wrap starts to crack and darken much much sooner than it does in cooler climates.
It is not permanent We are okay with that. The flip side is that it protects the original paint.

Sponsored

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
Saw your Jeep hanging out down the main drag in Bayport this afternoon. Looked freaking sweet.

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Saw your Jeep hanging out down the main drag in Bayport this afternoon. Looked freaking sweet.
Thanks. We were at the Bayport Legion. You should have stopped in!!

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here are a couple of aerial photos that we took today. These were taken with a DJI Phantom 4 Pro and post-processed in Photomatix and Lightroom. More to follow!!

DJI_0021_2_3_4_5_Painterly 4.jpg

DJI_0041_2_3_4_5_Painterly 4.jpg

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A few new things we wanted to share with everyone. First we added the Soft Top. Yes, it finally arrived. The dealership even installed it. What did not arrive yet was the Soft Top window bag, which we did order. But, our rockstar salesperson is all over it. I am sure it will arrive soon.

We also added the OEM A-Pillar Lights. WOW, what an improvement. The trails will be so lit up. These lights are damn bright. We had Rigid Industries on our 2013 JKUR. These blow Rigid Industries out of the water. The OEM lights are manufactured by Tyri Global, out of Stevens Point, WI. They manufacture industrial/commercial lights for construction/mining vehicles. While the are pricey through the dealership, the same quality lights can be purchased in the aftermarket for a lot less. Just do your research.

A funny story about the lights. The dealership installed the winch hoop lights. The guy installing them had completed the project and turned the lights on to check them out. He neglected to remove the black, snap on, covers. They were instantly melted. The dealership had to order a new set of lights just to replace the covers. WARNING!! DO NOT TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON WITH COVERS INSTALLED!

We also added the OEM JL Tailgate Table. That install took less then a half hour. After the install we noticed that it rattled a bit. We put small self stick pads on the preinstalled bumpers. This stopped the rattling that we noticed. See attached photos.

One of the biggest complaints about this table is that the glass holders are just holes. Try to set a soda or beer in it and it will fall right through. We did a bit of research and found drop in cupholders. They fit perfect. When the table is in the storage position, we just put the holders into the rear storage compartment. Here is a link to the holders:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Cup-Ho...rt-Large-Game-Table-Pocket-Recessed/469027768

Lastly, we make our hotel reservations for Moab Jeep Safari Week 2019. We are so looking forward to meeting some awesome people and making new friends and connections.

Well, more mods to come. Upcoming:

Blackvue Dual Dashcam
Lux Lighting Systems Rock Lights
Warn Zeon 10S winch
SpiderWebShade JL4D

Here are the latest photos from the new additions.

IMG_8616.jpg

IMG_8617.jpg

IMG_8622.jpg

IMG_8629.jpg

IMG_8632.jpg

IMG_8636.jpg

IMG_8642.jpg

IMG_8649.jpg

IMG_8655.jpg

IMG_8667.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

IMG_8679.jpg

IMG_8717.jpg

IMG_8723.jpg

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
Here are a couple of aerial photos that we took today. These were taken with a DJI Phantom 4 Pro and post-processed in Photomatix and Lightroom. More to follow!!

DJI_0021_2_3_4_5_Painterly 4.jpg

DJI_0041_2_3_4_5_Painterly 4.jpg
Really cool. Congrats!

Sponsored

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that looks great! Can’t wait to hear your findings with the soft top as this will be a must have for me if there are no issues.

Great work on this rig. I love it.
So the M.O.R.E Fire Extinguisher mount for the 2018 JL DOES NOT work with the new Premium Soft Tops. This is some sad news. On the upside, I received a message from M.O.R.E. last night. They are refunding my money and they will be updating their website to reflect this issue.

I am going to contact them and give them an idea that may work though. Stay tuned!!

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I LOVE the purple, and I love the round lights you added. It seems like most of the aftermarket stuff (bumpers included) have square or rectangular LEDs. Are the winch hoop lights also an OEM part? I didn't see a different manufacturer listed in your description for them, but I may have missed it.

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I LOVE the purple, and I love the round lights you added. It seems like most of the aftermarket stuff (bumpers included) have square or rectangular LEDs. Are the winch hoop lights also an OEM part? I didn't see a different manufacturer listed in your description for them, but I may have missed it.
The winch hoop lights are also the OEM LED 7” lights.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link