Sponsored

Purchased Corsa Cat Back Exhaust

Milspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2013 JKUS
I figured I’d share I purchased what appears to be a relatively new Corsa exhaust system.

I know they have had the axle back out for years but the cat back seems new.

Anyway, it’s showing a lead time of “up to” 4 weeks. Once I install I’ll post pics and a vid.

For those LEO, First Responders, or military, Corsa uses GovX for a 10% discount and free shipping.

I know Corsa is quite pricey but am excited. We’ve had full Corsa systems on previous Mustangs but never a V6. Kinda excited!

Jeep is at the dealer getting a new rear diff from the rear locker sensor going out, so I guess that’s good the exhaust won’t be here soon.
Sponsored

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Awesome, can’t wait to hear it. Trying to find a system that the wife approves of (her jeep)

OP
OP
Milspec

Milspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2013 JKUS

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Very pricey. What do you get in return, performance wise??

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Does seem high, but everything kinda seems that way nowadays :(
Would be a good time to have a buddy that does exhausts on the side, seems like a pretty straightforward setup. Look forward to your impressions @Milspec

Sponsored

OP
OP
Milspec

Milspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2013 JKUS

Corsa is historically high in price. In 2007, I paid $800 for a sport sound level axle back on a mustang GT, then we did a Corsa Xtreme axle back on another mustang gt in 2011 which was $900. That’s just for an axle back.

Corsa’s ‘schtick’ is that they have no drone whatsoever, the sound is very unique and frankly they make very high quality products.

The selling point for my wife are the black American Flag tips, pretty cool.

On that second mustang I had an off-road H pipe with the axle back and there was still no drone.

I’ll post vids once I receive the system and install.

OP
OP
Milspec

Milspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2013 JKUS
Does seem high, but everything kinda seems that way nowadays :(
Would be a good time to have a buddy that does exhausts on the side, seems like a pretty straightforward setup. Look forward to your impressions @Milspec
For sure! I think I can have the system installed in under two hours in my garage. We shall see...

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Corsa axle back installed back in Nov 2020...and lasted only ~5000mi over 2 winters (17 months) before it was very ugly with rust. It sounded great, but was really disappointed in how it rusted in such a short time.

Hopefully you'll have better experience than me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Purchased Corsa Cat Back Exhaust rust

OP
OP
Milspec

Milspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2013 JKUS
I had the Corsa axle back installed back in Nov 2020...and lasted only ~5000mi over 2 winters (17 months) before it was very ugly with rust. It sounded great, but was really disappointed in how it rusted in such a short time.

Dang that’s awful. We had their axle backs on the mustang for nearly 10 years without that happening. I estimate however our lack of snow in Dallas is also a contributor. Either way, that sucks, I hear you.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

Looks like T-409 stainless. It's prone to that kind of rust when used in wet and/or salty environments. That's one of a number of reasons why I ended up going with a Borla system. They only use T-304 stainless, which resists rust but is known for lightly discoloring with heat.

I just checked the Corsa link above, but they don't specify the grade of stainless used, just list it as "premium stainless". Generally when a company doesn't specify the grade or only use wording like above, it's easy to assume that it's T-409.

Sponsored

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Lessons learned...I'm now running the Borla Climber S-Type. Let's see how it fares after this winter.

It looked like this after 1 month and 200km.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/corsa-exhaust-rust-issue.63528/

Looks like T-409 stainless. It's prone to that kind of rust when used in wet and/or salty environments. That's one of a number of reasons why I ended up going with a Borla system. They only use T-304 stainless, which resists rust but is known for lightly discoloring with heat.

I just checked the Corsa link above, but they don't specify the grade of stainless used, just list it as "premium stainless". Generally when a company doesn't specify the grade or only use wording like above, it's easy to assume that it's T-409.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Lessons learned...I'm now running the Borla Climber S-Type. Let's see how it fares after this winter.

It looked like this after 1 month and 200km.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/corsa-exhaust-rust-issue.63528/
I've got 2 salty new England winters on my Borla Touring Climber cat-back, and zero rust. And thats on a Jeep that hasn't been formally washed in over 2.5 years. All it gets is a trip to the local power washing station at the end of the salted roads season.

Also worth noting. The rust that can quickly form on T-409 doesn't mean it's quickly rotting through. It's only on the surface. Yes, it won't last quite as long as T-304, but it's not going to disintegrate in a couple years. 409 is rated at a lifespan of 8-10 years on average vs 304's 10+ rating.

OP
OP
Milspec

Milspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2013 JKUS
System delivered yesterday, planning on a garage install early Saturday morning. I’ll be sure to get side by side pics once the stock system is off. Will get vids too. Just an initial look at the black American flag tips definitely looks of quality, nice welds, etc. More to come

OP
OP
Milspec

Milspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2013 JKUS

Just finished, took about an hour and a half with a buddy. Love the sound, will get more videos.
Sponsored