Purchased a new Wrangler 4xe

Jennerb0525

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Hi All! I just purchased a new 2023 wrangler 4xe. I am new to the EV world and don’t have much experience with them. Is anyone seeing Jeep charging stations for the EV at gas stations?
I have seen Tesla stations everywhere but have not noticed andJeep stations. If you are seeing them where at and what state are you located ?
thanks In advance !
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The 4xe uses the J1772 charger, you probably won't see any Jeep branded ones. There are only a couple that are supposed to be at trail heads, and I couldn't find the one that's at Moab.

A lot of the commercial chargers use that standard.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
Plugshare and chargepoint are two of the apps for finding chargers. ChargePoint is their own network where Plugshare searches everything.
We are outside Charleston, SC. Couple free public chargers- outlet mall, some of the parking garages, couple hotels.
All depends on where you are going and if you will be there long enough to make sense to plug in.
I haven’t seen any jeep branded chargers.

arelem

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Commercial chargers that support J1772 will charge your Jeep. Tesla has their own supercharger network because they started before there were commercial charging companies in the market. I would recommend downloading a few apps to your phone (or look online) like PlugShare, ChargePoint, SemaConnect, and others and filter by the J1772 plug. You will find out quickly if there are charging stations close by that support the 4xe.

Rumor has it that Elon is opening up the supercharger network to other BEVs and PHEVs and also installing J1772 and other plugs. Let's hope that happens.
Sponsored