Purchase with Tax Credit included (4xe)

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Ok, so here's my dilemma, I like the 4xe, most of my driving is within 20 miles, my state has fairly low electric rates (South Carolina), and it's garage kept. The issue is I'm not eligible for the tax credit, and leasing is going to be a huge cash loss for me because I use a Jeep for what it's intended (covered in sand, dirt, etc.) so I'd end up having to buy it.

I've only bought one new car in my life and it is my current vehicle ('07 JKU), i ordered from a large volume dealer at 6% below invoice. I'm planning on doing the same (Lakeland or Gupton), so I expect 7 to 8% off. I want a Rubicon this time around, gas or PHEV.

So.......dealers, anyone else, is there some way the dealer could lease for a month then sell outright so that they can pass along the tax credit to me like is customary with a lease? The math I saw for basically taking on the lease then buying out the residual was upwards of $62k even with the tax credit.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Yeah…. Lease it for sure… $7500 gets applied up front as a rebate and then you buy out the lease at anytime

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
$7500 gets applied up front as a rebate
Only if you lease it through Chrysler Financial. Other banks, that some dealers use, do things differently.

USBank, for example, inflates the residual value instead, which is fine if you're going to turn it in at the end of your lease, but if you want to buy it or sell it, it is as if the $7500 doesn't exist.

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
leasing is going to be a huge cash loss for me because I use a Jeep for what it's intended (covered in sand, dirt, etc.) so I'd end up having to buy it.
I don't follow - why would your Jeep being covered in sand and dirt have any impact on leasing? You can still buy it out at any point, and with leasing you also get to 'collect' the tax credit upfront because it is treated as a cap cost reduction by CCAP. And lots of folks are making nice profits by flipping their leases to hungry dealers, too, so that's another option that leasing opens up for you.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Only if you lease it through Chrysler Financial. Other banks, that some dealers use, do things differently.

USBank, for example, inflates the residual value instead, which is fine if you're going to turn it in at the end of your lease, but if you want to buy it or sell it, it is as if the $7500 doesn't exist.
There is no reason to go with anyone other than Chrysler Cap. I leased a $56000 Jeep for $325 a month…. You can’t touch that with anything right now

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
There is no reason to go with anyone other than Chrysler Cap. I leased a $56000 Jeep for $325 a month…. You can’t touch that with anything right now
The usbank program actually result in a lower payment if all else is equal, however, there are lots of limitations that make it not particularly desirable.
Sponsored