OP
StammesOpfer

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does your tires rub at full flex? I was told you would need to get the 3.5MC if running 37s to not rub
Nope! Bump stops are what limit uptravel so as long as those are tall enough you are good. The shocks are what limit down travel.

Edit: Rear does rub on the lower rear section that attaches to the rear bumper. But that goes away with an aftermarket bumper.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
StammesOpfer

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Got the On Board Air wired and plumbed today. I kinda forgot how much I hate wiring in vehicles but it is done.

Put on the Metalcloak rear diff skid.
Diff skid.jpg

Installed CMM Grab handle 1" ball + Tablet Ram mount and the 67 Designs mag mount
The tablet mount will only be attached when I need it (don't need a full time fighter cockpit) but it is quick to remove or install as needed with the ram mount.
Dash Mounts.jpg

And last thing for the day. I added some tie downs so I can secure things on top of the tuffy deck if I need to.
Tie Downs.jpg

Tomorrow is the first real day of wheeling. Nothing hard core just a shake down run and see how she does.

Last edited:

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
I really like your build nice job so far!

I tried to mount my ipad ram mount to the vector mount but it would never secure like the old JK vector mounts. So I'm kind of like you and mainly just axed it.

Ben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (White)
With that much articulation, did you get new drive shafts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
StammesOpfer

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
With that much articulation, did you get new drive shafts?
I did replace the front one which is recommended by Metalcloak. Rear is stock.

Also yesterday was first trail day. Hidden Falls was a little muddier than normal.
First mud.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
StammesOpfer

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Got the LOD Destroyer Full width w/Tire Carrier installed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Punk'n Zoey - JLUR 2.0L IMG_20190411_100455275_HDR

and the RockHard4x4 Patriot tube sliders.
Jeep Wrangler JL Punk'n Zoey - JLUR 2.0L IMG_20190411_100442792_HDR

Jeep Experience Texas - Katemcy Rocks (K2) - Mason, TX
Jeep Wrangler JL Punk'n Zoey - JLUR 2.0L TX-Jeep-Ex

Jeep Wrangler JL Punk'n Zoey - JLUR 2.0L TX-Jeep-Exp2

Last edited:

Sponsored

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
After screwing around waiting on Gobi for 8+ months and changing priorities I cancelled my Gobi Rack order and grabbed an EVO Mfg. Trail Rack.

Nice and low profile and it will allow for what I want.
Were you able to cancel without Gobi charging you $500.00? I’ve been waiting for over 5 months and am losing hope. They don’t return emails. No updates. They have to have the worst customer service of any company I have encountered. I will never buy another thing from them.

OP
OP
StammesOpfer

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to cancel without Gobi charging you $500.00? I’ve been waiting for over 5 months and am losing hope. They don’t return emails. No updates. They have to have the worst customer service of any company I have encountered. I will never buy another thing from them.
Only way to get a response from them is a phone call and expect to wait for a call back for an actual answer. However I always did get a call back at least. They did not charge me a cancellation fee but it was the the third time I had followed up and been told that it should go out within 2 weeks and on the call I finally cancelled they offered to throw in a free accessory. So they admitted that my order was way behind and that they had screwed it up so no cancellation fee.

5 months is not that far outside of what they say to expect but if you want out give them a call and try. The people that I talked to were always friendly... Just can't get orders out the door in a reasonable time frame. My guess is that their order tracking/manufacturing system are less automated than you would expect.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Only way to get a response from them is a phone call and expect to wait for a call back for an actual answer. However I always did get a call back at least. They did not charge me a cancellation fee but it was the the third time I had followed up and been told that it should go out within 2 weeks and on the call I finally cancelled they offered to throw in a free accessory. So they admitted that my order was way behind and that they had screwed it up so no cancellation fee.

5 months is not that far outside of what they say to expect but if you want out give them a call and try. The people that I talked to were always friendly... Just can't get orders out the door in a reasonable time frame. My guess is that their order tracking/manufacturing system are less automated than you would expect.
Strange. I just received a call today from Gobi that my rack is ready to be installed. Scheduled to be installed 8/1. Only took about 6 months. Ridiculous.