Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

ranrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan and 981 Boxster Spyder; Jeep JLUR Punk'n delivered 04-11-2018
Anyone planning all black wheels for their punk'n?
Originally. I thought the Punk'n really looks good with black trim and considered the optional almost all black wheels. But later i decided the tires and wheels in black may be too much so I saved the $750 thinking that I could apply that to an after market wheel or the rim lock wheels and have a 2nd set of wheels as a backup or with different tires installed. This waiting kills me as I too keep looking at mods that can be made but are costly.
Sponsored

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Ordered Vision 419 Split, satin black wheels with Toyo 265/70/17 Open Country ATll tires.
With that size tire, only .1 " taller than the stock but with the wider tire and -12 offset I am hoping for a slightly outside the fender tire fit and no big difference to gear ratio.

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ordered Vision 419 Split, satin black wheels with Toyo 265/70/17 Open Country ATll tires.
With that size tire, only .1 " taller than the stock but with the wider tire and -12 offset I am hoping for a slightly outside the fender tire fit and no big difference to gear ratio.
Those are going to be more than 2.2" further out then they are now. Too much in my opinion, but a lot like that look. To be exact, they'll be 2.2" + 1/2 the additional width of the new tire compared to the old. So, if it's 1" wider than the original tire, you'll be 2.7" further out than it is now.

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've been thinking about all black wheels for my punk'n, but afraid it will look too much like halloween at that point. There would be no silver at all to offset the black and orange. (I ordered black cloth seats as well)

Sponsored

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
We are in the same camp then. Mine was ordered on 2/9 and still in "D" status as of Monday.

I also like the pics I am seeing. Would still like to see in person, but it won't affect my order. I also ordered the JLUR with just about all options minus the painted Hard Top. Went with Dual Top option instead.
Did you order painted fenders?

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Here is what I was looking at. Tirerack doesn't show punk'n in all it's glory though. It's much too dull in their version. These are the M14 Mamba's

Screenshot 2018-03-08 10.14.36.jpg

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Here is what I was looking at. Tirerack doesn't show punk'n in all it's glory though. It's much too dull in their version. These are the M14 Mamba's

Screenshot 2018-03-08 10.14.36.jpg
I like how that looks too but not nearly flashy enough.

I'm going to run my stock until parts wear out. Then I'll replace them. I just can't see replacing something that's perfectly good.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
It's more about having two sets. One for offroading and the other for commuting.

Undecided yet, as I still don't have my Jeep. After a few adventures I'll decided if a second set is needed really.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It's more about having two sets. One for offroading and the other for commuting.

Undecided yet, as I still don't have my Jeep. After a few adventures I'll decided if a second set is needed really.
I've thought about that as well, but it's an expensive option. Roughly an extra 2k for an extra set.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I like the Sport S take offs. After selling the tires and getting a narrower street tire (255/80-17?), you might get below $1000?

The fuel you save would never justify that though. So I keep thinking wide Mud Terrains that I don't wear out on the street. All just day dreaming until I get my Jeep though.

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I like the Sport S take offs. After selling the tires and getting a narrower street tire (255/80-17?), you might get below $1000?

The fuel you save would never justify that though. So I keep thinking wide Mud Terrains that I don't wear out on the street. All just day dreaming until I get my Jeep though.
Would be a good idea but i'm getting a rubi so anything less than 33" would look kinda foolish with the highline fenders it has. And I'm in the same boat...just dreaming. I ordered 2/12 and I'm still in D because of my softtop order, I guess.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Same. Little 2 door Rubicon. It looks just right with 33's. imho

Don't plan to lift it. Might have to add more armor this time round. I just don't know if All Terrains will have the traction. Testing will be required. :D

98TJ

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Wrangler Sport
Has anyone else been told the production of Punk'n has been pushed back to early-April?!?!?

Just logged on to Jeep chat to ask about the status of the escalation due to being in D for 35 days now, and this is Sarah's response:

"this is the update that I have for you Consumers vehicle was ordered in the Punk'n Metallic which is not slated to begin production until early-April. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in late-April for an update"

Has anyone else been told that?
Sponsored