Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
Anyone else close to getting their Punk'n delivered?
Not me. Ordered Jan 26, was D1 on Feb 2 with a Feb 13 shipping date, got demoted to C sometime later, and am now languishing in D status. My dealer tells me it’s because of the punk’n color????

ranrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan and 981 Boxster Spyder; Jeep JLUR Punk'n delivered 04-11-2018
Mine went to I last Tuesday, same as @Eric552. He picked his up on Thursday and I am still playing the waiting game. @LS7 did your dealer explain what the problem with the color is? Last night I checked several major areas around the South and West for any Punk'n builds that are at the dealer or in transit and there are exactly 0. Makes me think the color has a problem. But, I was speculating and then I saw your info a moment ago.

Hooty115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model X, 2023 Jeep Rubicon 4XE (soon)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Not me. Ordered Jan 26, was D1 on Feb 2 with a Feb 13 shipping date, got demoted to C sometime later, and am now languishing in D status. My dealer tells me it’s because of the punk’n color????
I ordered mine on 1/29 with Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon with a color matched top. At order date a black top was the only thing available so I ordered it. Good news, as of this past Saturday I was speaking to the Contact Jeep people via Chat and they told me the lift on colored tops were lifted and I could order one. I called my rep and he switched it to a colored match top, body, and fenders - all in Punk'd color. I checked today and it moved to D status last Friday and also spoke to Customer Service today with a approximate 3-4 week delivery. I hope everything that was communicated to me was accurate. I had a Golden ticket that expired like a lot of other people on 2/28, and called the 800 number for Golden Ticket verification. The CS lady told me to send my order number, order date, registration to them via email and they most likely would cut me a check. Hope that helps.

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
Mine went to I last Tuesday, same as @Eric552. He picked his up on Thursday and I am still playing the waiting game. @LS7 did your dealer explain what the problem with the color is? Last night I checked several major areas around the South and West for any Punk'n builds that are at the dealer or in transit and there are exactly 0. Makes me think the color has a problem. But, I was speculating and then I saw your info a moment ago.
Nothing specific, today. A week ago he said it was because of the body matching fenders. He also said painted hard tops were causing delays. I ordered the fenders, not the top. I then sent him a picture of a delivered Punk’n that appeared on this thread and he said, “Your guess is as good as mine.” This week its the color in general.

Sponsored

ranrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine on 1/29 with Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon with a color matched top. At order date a black top was the only thing available so I ordered it. Good news, as of this past Saturday I was speaking to the Contact Jeep people via Chat and they told me the lift on colored tops were lifted and I could order one. I called my rep and he switched it to a colored match top, body, and fenders - all in Punk'd color. I checked today and it moved to D status last Friday and also spoke to Customer Service today with a approximate 3-4 week delivery. I hope everything that was communicated to me was accurate. I had a Golden ticket that expired like a lot of other people on 2/28, and called the 800 number for Golden Ticket verification. The CS lady told me to send my order number, order date, registration to them via email and they most likely would cut me a check. Hope that helps.
Good tip about the golden ticket. I, too, was hoping to use it but no delivery. Thanks for sharing that.

ranrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing specific, today. A week ago he said it was because of the body matching fenders. He also said painted hard tops were causing delays. I ordered the fenders, not the top. I then sent him a picture of a delivered Punk’n that appeared on this thread and he said, “Your guess is as good as mine.” This week its the color in general.
Interesting. I did not order color matching fenders or hard top and mine is reported to still be "unit built, pending final inspection". I know I am anxious.

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone else close to getting their Punk'n delivered?
Nope. I've talked to the Jeep chat a couple times per week since 20 Feb and each time they say the same thing, that it's still in the parts gathering phase, and that they will start building when the parts are together.

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Nope. I've talked to the Jeep chat a couple times per week since 20 Feb and each time they say the same thing, that it's still in the parts gathering phase, and that they will start building when the parts are together.
Ordered mine on 2-1 and yesterday was told the same thing.... gathering parts phase...

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I ordered on 2/9 and still in D. Man I am having trouble waiting to hear that it is actually progressing forward. Check every day sometimes 2x. Once started hopefully it will go quickly.

Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
In their haste, they probably built a few Punk'ns, realized that there's no metallic in the paint and are now waiting for their supplier to provide the proper paint.

But on a serious note, at least we were able to order our JL's before the bump in price.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
So long as no changes in the price happens when I go to pick up my Jeep, we are all good.

I'm still not finding a set of wheels that wows me, and I haven't got a soft top. Waiting on @BestopTeam to have some available for Summer.

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
Thank you to all for confirming the colour match issue.

I ordered mine on the 13th feb & FCA confirmed the order on the 16th Feb. Only have a VON still no VIN to check and I ordered colour match top & fenders.

Guess it remains a wait and see what will happen next, but not liking this at all. This is my very first Jeep and first time I have ever ordered from factory, sounds like this is somewhat normal with a fresh release but it would be great if someone would at least give a time line.

Eric552

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I know the waiting game sucks. I was checking my status 2/3/4 times a day. I will say that when it finally clicks over, it goes faaast. So there's that. Mine went from D1 to F status which is "paint" very quickly, then sat there for 14 days. Then it was finalized/inspected/and on the truck for delivery and arrived all within 2 days. As an aside, it actually showed up to the dealer before the status was marked as having gone to "gate out" and on it's way for delivery. It was a pleasant surprise.

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
I know the waiting game sucks. I was checking my status 2/3/4 times a day. I will say that when it finally clicks over, it goes faaast. So there's that. Mine went from D1 to F status which is "paint" very quickly, then sat there for 14 days. Then it was finalized/inspected/and on the truck for delivery and arrived all within 2 days. As an aside, it actually showed up to the dealer before the status was marked as having gone to "gate out" and on it's way for delivery. It was a pleasant surprise.
Thank you Eric for giving me hope. :)

I am going back into my dealer tonight and trying to look for some more answers, I would be happy just to have a VIN.
Sponsored