Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

kwtester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Black and Tan
Anybody have a Punk'n with the tan premium soft top? Ordered a 2020 2dr Punk'n Black and Tan because it was a good value for the options I wanted. I think I've only seen 1 picture of a tan Punk'n so far. Might see about swapping somebody tan for black.
Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
So, I was at the dealership today and saw a 2020 JLU Rubicon Punk'n with a red dash. All the ones I had seen previously I thought were grey. Is this something new for 2020? Are they following the Gladiator scheme?
“Word on the street” is that they’re all red now. No gray.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have a Punk'n with the tan premium soft top? Ordered a 2020 2dr Punk'n Black and Tan because it was a good value for the options I wanted. I think I've only seen 1 picture of a tan Punk'n so far. Might see about swapping somebody tan for black.
I think it will look very cool and retro. I haven’t seen one with that combo yet. If you put some stripes on the side, ergo scrambler-esque, people would line up to take pictures with you.

0967C400-6803-4AEF-825A-D6F710A8863C.jpeg

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Except Punk'n, Mojito, and Mello Yellow. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with the dash, because I really don't like the gray.
Yeah, my rubi is gray. I saw someone in this thread paint the dash punkn and attached the “spec plate” that’s on the tailgate in the middle. It looked pretty cool and I may copy cat that. Someone else carbon fiber wrap there’s but that won’t look as good with my tan seats.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, my rubi is gray. I saw someone in this thread paint the dash punkn and attached the “spec plate” that’s on the tailgate in the middle. It looked pretty cool and I may copy cat that. Someone else carbon fiber wrap there’s but that won’t look as good with my tan seats.
Food for thought: The passenger airbag it behind that red/gray dash panel, so it might be worth avoiding anything that acts as a reinforcement or possible projectile. Not trying to be a killjoy, just looking out.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I'm a little bit leary of the metal plate on the part of the dash where the airbag comes out. But it looks cool.

Sponsored

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
“Word on the street” is that they’re all red now. No gray.
Guessing they are following the Gladiator scheme then...

Dealer said they were surprised as well. One guy said it might be a mistake from the factory.

I ordered my 2020 JLUR Punk'n last week and happened to stop by when I saw one on the lot. Drove it to compare the 2.0 without eTorque to see what, if any, differences were noticeable. I was driving down the road when I noticed the red dash. Asked the dealer and he said...Hmmm, didn't know.

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
I found the “metallic” in the punk’n.... in super bright sunlight at the right angle you can see the sparkle.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Yes I got it done at a body shop in Toronto. It was $350 Canadian for it... only took 2 days. Looks much better in person but I'm super happy with it, much better than the lame grey in my opinion.

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_6593.JPG
That JL data plate looks awesome. I was gonna do the same but then saw the airbag deploys through there. Sorry to tell you this but felt like I should. See here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/had-a-wreck-8-11.36406/page-2#post-818876

Edit: I just saw some others beat me to it.