bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was somewhat surprised to see a Punk'n JLU in my very out-of-the-way part of rural Utah County today. It was the very first time seeing a Punk'n Jeep. And I must concur with what others have observed: there are no pictures anywhere that do justice to this amazingly rich color. As a laggard waiting to order, I am seriously rethinking my previous color preference: Punk'n is amazing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I was somewhat surprised to see a Punk'n JLU in my very out-of-the-way part of rural Utah County today. It was the very first time seeing a Punk'n Jeep. And I must concur with what others have observed: there are no pictures anywhere that do justice to this amazingly rich color. As a laggard waiting to order, I am seriously rethinking my previous color preference: Punk'n is amazing.
It is!
20180815_192511.jpg

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
It WAS my first choice. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but last week when I had a quote drawn up for a JLUR, I was told the factory is no longer doing Punk'n. I'm going to ask again just for the hell of it if/when I do go to order, but my hopes aren't high...

Ronster5

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘70 440 4-spd challenger, hydro Rubicon, waiting on punk’n Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The “original image” of the picture I took on a road trip to New Mexico

3983D0D3-75ED-4EEA-87DC-4ED0A1E1AAEF.jpeg
New Mexico? That’s where myself and my punk’n JLUR live. Find any good trails? Santa Fe or near Albuquerque?

Sponsored

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but last week when I had a quote drawn up for a JLUR, I was told the factory is no longer doing Punk'n. ...
Nuts.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
update on my search: Saw a Punk'n Rubi with coincidentally all of the options i was looking for (except dual top) on a lot roughly 300 mi away. Talked to my dealer, asked if they could get it for me. He said he's going to look into it and get back to me with pricing- So there is a chance i could still be joining team Punk'n should the numbers work out.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Update to the saga: Got a text from my contact at my dealer: he said he can't find the Orange Jeep at the dealer 300 mi away, but checked and they can factory order Punk'n Orange for me. Waiting on numbers from him before I give the final go ahead, but it's looking pretty good based on his previous quote.

Now, to clean up my TJ Rubi while I wait to maximize my trade value... this isn't going to be easy.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Update to the saga: Got a text from my contact at my dealer: he said he can't find the Orange Jeep at the dealer 300 mi away, but checked and they can factory order Punk'n Orange for me. Waiting on numbers from him before I give the final go ahead, but it's looking pretty good based on his previous quote.

Now, to clean up my TJ Rubi while I wait to maximize my trade value... this isn't going to be easy.
Just be cautious what a dealership tells you. I hope they can still order a Punk'n Orange 2018 Jeep for you. Just be prepared that the dealer may be stretching the truth hoping you don't go elsewhere. Crossing fingers for you :fingerscrossed:

I would not waste too much time trying to clean up your TJ. Dealerships do not tend to put older vehicles for sale on their lot. These go straight to auction. Usually they will see what that model is getting at auction and base their value off of that. Cleaning it up will not have them offering you more than they would have generally.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just be cautious what a dealership tells you. I hope they can still order a Punk'n Orange 2018 Jeep for you. Just be prepared that the dealer may be stretching the truth hoping you don't go elsewhere. Crossing fingers for you :fingerscrossed:

I would not waste too much time trying to clean up your TJ. Dealerships do not tend to put older vehicles for sale on their lot. These go straight to auction. Usually they will see what that model is getting at auction and base their value off of that. Cleaning it up will not have them offering you more than they would have generally.
Thanks! I'm painfully aware of all of these facts as this is not my first rodeo with buying vehicles or Jeeps. I consider myself a difficult and skeptical customer to please, who is well informed and aware of the games and BS and this time has been no exception. That said, This guy has been pretty good so far with me, he leased vehicles to my brother (who is equally difficult and skeptical) and his friend. Didn't try to give me any run around or BS on pricing/ options, and beat the lowest quote I had gotten thus far which sat pretty close to more than 5% below invoice. We'll see how it goes. No money or commitments yet.

I'm actually trying to private sale my TJ on the S@#%show that is Craigslist right now. I listed a little high as i want to get rid of all my TJ stuff with it (tops, doors, mirrors, etc) and I will have 8 weeks from when I place the order, so I figure why not? Clean some of the rust off, paint a few things (Bumpers) and see what I can get for it. If worst comes to worst, I'll trade it in.

Anyway, back on topic: I'm not 100% sure but if this deal goes through I think I'd be the first Punk'n Rubi in my area. Saw a \ Sport and Sahara on the road... No Rubis yet. YAY TEAM PUNK'N!

Kpunk'n

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport S 2.0T & 2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
Occupation
Unemployed
Vehicle Showcase
Why don't you just purchase the one 300 miles away? Pricing too high? Based on comments in other posts on this forum, I'm not sure you can still order Punk'n.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Why don't you just purchase the one 300 miles away? Pricing too high? Based on comments in other posts on this forum, I'm not sure you can still order Punk'n.
Yep orders are closed for 2018. I heard no Punk'n for 19.
Sponsored