Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

ranrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan and 981 Boxster Spyder; Jeep JLUR Punk'n delivered 04-11-2018
I assume a JLU? What's your build?
Oh sorry. Its a JLUR build without painted fenders and roof, no safety group package, no keyless entry, and with standard wheels. Has all other options with total MSRP of 53635.00.

Onthego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Sahara Wrangler towed behind Motorhome
While the actual color is not bad...I too would prefer the color in their adverts. Traffic cone orange is a little too in your face for my taste. I was set on Punkn...now not so sure. May rethink Mojito, Ocean and Stingray.
The Punk'n Sahara that I ordered arrived. I saw it today, but I brought a Behr paint color fan to see what color it matched. Behr is carried by Home Depot. The Punk'n is closest to Fireglow 200B-7. You should be able to ask someone at the paint desk to see their color fan. The metallic finish is really subtle. When I brushed away the pollen, I had to look at several angles to finally see the metallic flecks. It's a little more red than traffic cone orange.

This Wrangler is available for purchase at Helfman Dodge Jeep in Houston. The color is pretty, but I ordered it based on the muted rust color that I saw on Jeep.com. The dealership very graciously ordered me an Ocean Blue Sahara with the same options. I'm going to wait for that one to arrive. Black 3-piece roof, automatic, tow package, cold weather package, safety package, and more.

I get no kickback, but I encourage you to call my salesman, Nick Tancredi, at (469) 360-4260, if you're interested.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The Punk'n Sahara that I ordered arrived. I saw it today, but I brought a Behr paint color fan to see what color it matched. Behr is carried by Home Depot. The Punk'n is closest to Fireglow 200B-7. You should be able to ask someone at the paint desk to see their color fan. The metallic finish is really subtle. When I brushed away the pollen, I had to look at several angles to finally see the metallic flecks. It's a little more red than traffic cone orange.

This Wrangler is available for purchase at Helfman Dodge Jeep in Houston. The color is pretty, but I ordered it based on the muted rust color that I saw on Jeep.com. The dealership very graciously ordered me an Ocean Blue Sahara with the same options. I'm going to wait for that one to arrive. Black 3-piece roof, automatic, tow package, cold weather package, safety package, and more.

I get no kickback, but I encourage you to call my salesman, Nick Tancredi, at (469) 360-4260, if you're interested.

OMFG I cannot believe you brought a Behr paint color fan with you! That is F'ing awesome. LMAO :like:

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Hey guys/gals.... friendly visitor from the Blue club...

Anyone here order punk’n with a painted top? And if so did you receive a vin as of yet?

Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Thanks for the info. In case anyone's interested :
http://www.behr.com/consumer_ca/ColorDetailView/200B-7

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
Hey guys/gals.... friendly visitor from the Blue club...

Anyone here order punk’n with a painted top? And if so did you receive a vin as of yet?
Welcome friendly Blue.

I ordered a JLUR colour match top & fenders on the 13 Feb. Still no VIN, in "C" status as of yesterday.

Hoping with all of the orders going to D & D1 status this week I will be close behind.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome friendly Blue.

I ordered a JLUR colour match top & fenders on the 13 Feb. Still no VIN, in "C" status as of yesterday.

Hoping with all of the orders going to D & D1 status this week I will be close behind.
That is both good and bad to hear. There are 2 of us over in Blue who have ordered painted top on 3/2 and 3/3 (there was a restraint on ordering until 3/1). Neither of us have a vin either and are also stuck in C status. Bad news is it means longer waits for us compared to everyone else.

Good luck to ya and I hope you get your new Jeep sooner rather than later. Thanks for the quick response.

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistician
That is both good and bad to hear. There are 2 of us over in Blue who have ordered painted top on 3/2 and 3/3 (there was a restraint on ordering until 3/1). Neither of us have a vin either and are also stuck in C status. Bad news is it means longer waits for us compared to everyone else.

Good luck to ya and I hope you get your new Jeep sooner rather than later. Thanks for the quick response.
Sorry to hear that you are in the same boat. Good news is that by the time ours get built FCA will have worked out some of the early onset bugs. :)

Think positive they say. I just want my full on Punk'n!!

Fingers crossed for all of us. I can only do so much research on accessories.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that you are in the same boat. Good news is that by the time ours get built FCA will have worked out some of the early onset bugs. :)

Think positive they say. I just want my full on Punk'n!!

Fingers crossed for all of us. I can only do so much research on accessories.
Just talked to jeep Chat and kind of respectfully demanded some answers. Looks like painted hard tops on Blue and Punk’n won’t be available till mid April and we won’t even be scheduled to build until at least then... looking more and more like a June delivery!!! I just threw up a lil....

Sponsored

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistician
Just talked to jeep Chat and kind of respectfully demanded some answers. Looks like painted hard tops on Blue and Punk’n won’t be available till mid April and we won’t even be scheduled to build until at least then... looking more and more like a June delivery!!! I just threw up a lil....
Now that doesn't make my night. I have not been able to get any solid information from my dealer as to the status of the build. Unfortunately on this side of the border we don't have access to Jeep Chat and our only avenue is to go through the dealer. I have heard of delays due to the colour match options but this is the first time they have given a date.

Did they happen to mention why the late release?

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stated the color matched top was already delayed from 1/24 (the color release date) till 3/1 the first day the colored top restraint was lifted for ordering. I asked why lift the restraint knowing it’ll still be a month and a half before you can schedule a build. He said they couldnpossible have them by he end of March, but nothing in this launch has come early so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

From previous chats with Jeep chat they say you could be stuck in C status, the scheduling phase for upto 30 days. So again I asked if they become available to schedule a build in April, what happens when I’m in C status after 30 days? He then said he was going to file a heightened concern case for me and email me with what the higher ups who have more info that him say.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I wonder if I can build a mini-Sandstorm? They used a JLU and I have a JL on order. :idea:

All I need is a V8, coilovers, Dana 60's, ... well that might be more than I need but would be so fun. :angel:

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Bad news from FCA...Ordered on 2/1/18

Customer Assistance Center

Dear Customer:

Case #: 33736332
VIN:
Vehicle Description:

Hello I am emailing you today as I have received an answer as to why your vehicles production is taking so long...... Consumers vehicle was ordered in the Punk'n Metallic Clear Coat which does not begin production until April. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in late-April/early-May for an update.
Sponsored