Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered our Sahara 2/26, will look just the same, with optional wheels and black hardtop. I like the contrast versus body colored top. Ours will have black leather interior. Got word from dealer today 3/8 that it's scheduled to be built next week. Thanks for the pictures, nice to know what it will look like.
Thatā€™s amazing! How did you get a picture of a color that wonā€™t be produced for another month? Lol :cwl:
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
It is all confusing. They have not released Nacho either but some lots have a few available. You cannot order it, it is not on the website, but some dealerships have some Jeeps in that color? I give up.

MoDonPunkn4Dr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk Mango Tango, 2017 H-D CVO Street Glide Blk/Org, 2018 Punk'n Rubicon
OK Jeep Cares - we need some clarification on this and soon.

LS7 - was that a reply to a inquiry from you?

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ā€˜18 JLUR
OK Jeep Cares - we need some clarification on this and soon.

LS7 - was that a reply to a inquiry from you?
Yes. I was given a Price Order sheet on Feb 2 that had my Jeep in D1 Status with an estimated ship date of February 13. I contacted Jeep Chat at the end of February and was told I was in Status D and that I had only been ther for 9 days. I pressed the issue and was told that they would research my case and contact me through email. The email arrived today. I noticed that some others think the communication I received from Customer Care was less than precise. Does this surprise anyone?

98TJ

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Wrangler Sport
Yes. I was given a Price Order sheet on Feb 2 that had my Jeep in D1 Status with an estimated ship date of February 13. I contacted Jeep Chat at the end of February and was told I was in Status D and that I had only been ther for 9 days. I pressed the issue and was told that they would research my case and contact me through email. The email arrived today. I noticed that some others think the communication I received from Customer Care was less than precise. Does this surprise anyone?
Just got off the phone with my dealer, and he confirmed that the Punk'n is on backorder. And is going to try and get some more information from his FCA rep tomorrow. I will update as soon as I hear back.

Really not very happy about this.. puts me in a rental for another 2 months. And really not a fan of any of the other colors, so can't switch...

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I wonder if these decisions are made based off of popularity of a color. There are a lot of the standard colors being produced and people that ordered after are getting them first. Although we love the orange it really is not a popular color overall.

Maybe they are waiting until they get a build up of this color to run them off the line one after the other. I have not clue just guessing.

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ā€˜18 JLUR
Just got off the phone with my dealer, and he confirmed that the Punk'n is on backorder. And is going to try and get some more information from his FCA rep tomorrow. I will update as soon as I hear back.

Really not very happy about this.. puts me in a rental for another 2 months. And really not a fan of any of the other colors, so can't switch...
Thanks. Iā€™ve sent a text to my dealer asking about the Punkā€™n delay and for confirmation that the price increase will not be passed on to me. I have to admit, being first told that my Jeep would ship February 13, and then watching it languish in Status D, has taken a lot of the excitement out of the process. If the dealer tries to pass the price increase on to me, I will probably cancel my order.

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ā€˜18 JLUR
Well, at least I just received some good news. My dealer just confirmed that the recent price increase will not be passed through to me.

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
I had a JLUR in D1 status in Firecracker Red, but then due to the 2.0l engine I ordered the status reverted back to D. Now, after some thought and a previous failure of trying to change it (due to D1 status) I'm officially switched over to the Punk'n club and perhaps extended my delay (but luckily no issues with my current JKU so I'm in no rush). Can't wait to get my Punk'n and a new color for me.

My previous vehicle colors have been: Red, Black, Silver, Black, Blue and my JKU is White.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
If production isn't "slated to begin" until early-April, why do I have a punk'n wrangler in my garage right now, among other people? I don't buy it.
Regardless of the reason, it looks like you have one of the few Punk'n Rubicons on the entire planet!

Please take it out this weekend and post some more pics for us. :rock:

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Yes, I keep getting alerts to posts and no pictures of the Punk'n. More pictures!

:rock::rock::rock:

jjmarkus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR to replace 2018 JLUR, 2020 GMC Sierra, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2007 Shelby GT500
Thatā€™s amazing! How did you get a picture of a color that wonā€™t be produced for another month? Lol :cwl:
Well who knows. My dealer, Helfman in Houston TX has a Punk'n Sahara built and shipped scheduled to arrive next week - 3/12. Tan leather, black hardtop, most everything except LED and hardtop headliner. It was a customer order, but customer changed mind. I was offered it, but elected to order black leather and add LED. I know my order was in D status March 1st, then yesterday dealer called and told me it was scheduled for build this coming week and I hadn't even asked for an update so don't believe he was just keeping me on the string so to speak. Time will tell. Here's the VIN / window sticker for the one he has coming in if anyone might be interested as I believe it is available: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXEG5JW170285

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I just hope that we donā€™t soon find out Punkā€™n is a late availability color not released until 2019 now. Something is not right to build quite a few, and then stop production on them for a month or so with no explanation.

However, as it relates to Off-road pages, at least Punkā€™n was always noted as later availability and would make sense if they were just putting a few early test sprays out there. I REALLY hope thatā€™s not the case and I am just falling into my job again looking into things too deep. I want my Punkā€™n Rubicon as soon as possible as I like a few others are without a vehicle now and in a rental. I am in one as the dealership wanted my WK2 Trailhawk early as they had a buyer.

Sweetwater

Oh no I hope that is not the case!! All this talk is killing me, if I have to wait until April I will die!!
Here is my answer from Jeep 3-10-18. I to am unhappy.Dear Clifton:

Thank you for your reply!

According to our provided resources, production of the 2018 Jeep
Wrangler JL 2-Door is scheduled to begin in early to mid-April 2018.
Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to
change.

Our best suggestion would be for you to continue to work with your
preferred Jeep dealership. Your preferred Jeep dealership is the best
resource to keep you up-to-date on the progress of your vehicle order.

If you have any further product questions about the current Jeep lineup,
you are always welcome to reply back to this email and I will respond
back to you as promptly as I can. If you prefer, you can also reach us
directly with your questions at the Jeep Product Information Center by
calling 1-877-426-5337. When you call, we can connect you directly to
your local dealership, providing your call is during the dealer's hours
of operation.

Thank you again for choosing Jeep, Clifton! Have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Erin
Jeep Product Information Center

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email. If you wish
to respond, please use the REPLY LINK shown below.
REPLY LINK:
http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_forms/us/reply.jsp?trk_ID=KMM10599461V87206L0KM

P
Sponsored