PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
I just finished speaking with FCA Canada and they have confirmed that the Punk'n colour is in fact delayed. Unfortunately this just confirms the fact for both side of the border.

I have a call into the owner of my dealership and will post should they give me anything more concrete.

Arghhhhhhhhh
Sponsored

ranrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan and 981 Boxster Spyder; Jeep JLUR Punk'n delivered 04-11-2018
Yes, I keep getting alerts to posts and no pictures of the Punk'n. More pictures!

:rock::rock::rock:
I just finished speaking with FCA Canada and they have confirmed that the Punk'n colour is in fact delayed. Unfortunately this just confirms the fact for both side of the border.

I have a call into the owner of my dealership and will post should they give me anything more concrete.

Arghhhhhhhhh

ranrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan and 981 Boxster Spyder; Jeep JLUR Punk'n delivered 04-11-2018
Yes I would appreciate any updates you receive!

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
I understand that the JK is still being manufactured until the end of the month. Once that's done, they'll be able to dedicate all of their resources towards the JL.

So it sort of makes sense that they're focusing on the most popular JL models/colors until all of their resources are freed up.

Of course it doesn't make it less painful but at least we'll have our punk'n well before the summer.

Sponsored

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
I understand that the JK is still being manufactured until the end of the month. Once that's done, they'll be able to dedicate all of their resources towards the JL.

So it sort of makes sense that they're focusing on the most popular JL models/colors until all of their resources are freed up.

Of course it doesn't make it less painful but at least we'll have our punk'n well before the summer.
Someone here posted that the JL and JL lines have nothin to do with each other, and the jk line isnā€™t just going to change over to JL. That line is for something else.

Again, someone else that supposedly has inside info there posted. Iā€™ll just repeating.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Someone here posted that the JL and JL lines have nothin to do with each other, and the jk line isnā€™t just going to change over to JL. That line is for something else.

Again, someone else that supposedly has inside info there posted. Iā€™ll just repeating.
That's true but it will take months to transition the line to build trucks and some of the employees on that line will shift to the JL. Others may be laid off I suppose (that's what happened when they built the JL line). At least that is what I heard from someone who works in the factory and is currently on the JK line.

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
talked to the Chat rep this AM and she told me no knowledge fo any delay because of color, specifically Pumpkin. Not sure what to think. Ordered on 2/9 and still in D.....bummed.....

jjmarkus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR to replace 2018 JLUR, 2020 GMC Sierra, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2007 Shelby GT500
Seems to be lots of mixed signals regarding orders being built or not in our favorite color. I begin to wonder if it boils down to if 2 dr or 4 dr, color matched hardtop or black, painted fenders or not. Also if order is confirmed 4EA Sold Vehicle order or 4EX or other code, or if has Scheduling Priority: 1-Sold Order with Build Priority: 01 or Scheduling Priority: 4-Dealer Order.
On 2/26 I ordered a Sahara with Black hardtop, and it comes with painted fenders. It is a confirmed order priority of: 4EA Sold Vehicle order. The allocation is confirmed and is a Scheduling Priority:1-Sold Order with Build Priority:01. The dealer assured me 2 days ago it is firmly schedule to be built this coming week. time will tell, but these codes of order priority and if painted top or even soft top seem to determine if order is on hold or progressing to delivery. My dealer told me that dealer must have an allocation available plus correctly order with customers name and address on the order to get priority build, then the order is moved ahead of standard dealer inventory orders. Folks might need to confirm if their order was submitted as dealer inventory or as sold vehicle, that might explain if delayed. Seems sold vehicle orders bump dealer inventory orders to a certain degree.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Why oh why would they delay my punk'n?! Wondering if my dealer is going to honor the trade in value I negotiated still. He probably will but then they are going to charge me the extra difference on the new invoice price and destination fee...

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ā€˜18 JLUR
Why oh why would they delay my punk'n?! Wondering if my dealer is going to honor the trade in value I negotiated still. He probably will but then they are going to charge me the extra difference on the new invoice price and destination fee...
Donā€™t roll over on the price increase. My dealer agreed to not pass it through to me. I do have a signed purchase order, not just an order summary with an agreed price written on it.

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Donā€™t roll over on the price increase. My dealer agreed to not pass it through to me. I do have a signed purchase order, not just an order summary with an agreed price written on it.
I didn't get a signed purchase order. It's some other kind of form that says something about it not being a contract . It's at work so I don't know exact wording. I did put down a $1000 deposit . And, unfortunately, he specifically told me that the price could change based on fca changing prices. If I stick to my guns, I guess I'll have to be prepared to let it go. Then I'll have to order through someone else who will still charge me the new price. How to handle this?

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ā€˜18 JLUR
I probably could have negotiated a slightly better deal by ordering from one of the dealers doing the deep discounts. Perhaps if you walk and are willing to travel to a dealer that will sell for 5-7% under invoice, you can offset the price increase. Assuming, of course, your original deal was not 5-7% under invoice. Best of luck.

drfeli

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Well who knows. My dealer, Helfman in Houston TX has a Punk'n Sahara built and shipped scheduled to arrive next week - 3/12. Tan leather, black hardtop, most everything except LED and hardtop headliner. It was a customer order, but customer changed mind. I was offered it, but elected to order black leather and add LED. I know my order was in D status March 1st, then yesterday dealer called and told me it was scheduled for build this coming week and I hadn't even asked for an update so don't believe he was just keeping me on the string so to speak. Time will tell. Here's the VIN / window sticker for the one he has coming in if anyone might be interested as I believe it is available: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXEG5JW170285
Helfman offered it to me as well , I had already ordered a Rubicon from Bayshore in Baytown on 2/26.....still in "D" status
Sponsored