PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
What engine is under that hood? Also what gears you running on? Im thinking of 4.56
3.6 non e-torque, stock 3.45 gears, manual transmission, limited slip rear axle. I took that picture right after running Rowher trail (rated "difficult" by Alltrails) which has extremely steep climbs. The limited slip worked great for me and I had no issues.

Sponsored

jakeirish

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpvluts.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Software / Videographer / Video Editor
I hate to ask this question.. But have any Punk’n owners here had corrosion/rust issues and if so, did you successfully repair it? My paint is starting to chip and it’s only getting worse on the back tailgate.. I’m noticing that there is corrosion around the hinges of my doors too. Ive had this Jeep for 5 months, 14k miles.. Dealer says that my Jeep will need to be repainted by a body shop, but I keep reading stories about Punk’n paint not matching correctly on other Jeeps. Does the entire tailgate seriously need to be repainted or can a professional just fix the problem area? I guess the Punk’n paint also has glass flakes in it, so is there even a solve for that let alone? Jeep won’t provide me the factor paint which is incredibly frustrating (granted it’s discontinued). Any solves to this? Hoping for a success story. Located in SoCal but willing to drive somewhere near by, or out of state if there’s a fix.
Jeep Wrangler JL PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club 573B9D18-AAF8-4E3A-AF60-05D53180B588
Jeep Wrangler JL PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club 779D40D0-7E81-4919-881E-26D9E224A218
Jeep Wrangler JL PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club 3396390E-3503-4C6A-90D8-8F900E98569E

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I hate to ask this question.. But have any Punk’n owners here had corrosion/rust issues and if so, did you successfully repair it? My paint is starting to chip and it’s only getting worse on the back tailgate.. I’m noticing that there is corrosion around the hinges of my doors too. Ive had this Jeep for 5 months, 14k miles.. Dealer says that my Jeep will need to be repainted by a body shop, but I keep reading stories about Punk’n paint not matching correctly on other Jeeps. Does the entire tailgate seriously need to be repainted or can a professional just fix the problem area? I guess the Punk’n paint also has glass flakes in it, so is there even a solve for that let alone? Jeep won’t provide me the factor paint which is incredibly frustrating (granted it’s discontinued). Any solves to this? Hoping for a success story. Located in SoCal but willing to drive somewhere near by, or out of state if there’s a fix.
I have the bubbles around my door hinges since I saw the first thread about the issue a couple weeks ago. Have not gone to the dealer yet but I will need to have my doors serviced. The hood and tailgate are ok for now on my Punk'n. :headbang:

Sponsored

Ricky Spanish

First Name
Bryson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk’n Rubicon
What tires and wheels are these? Looks bad@ss BTW. This color is quickly becoming my favorite
Thanks!
The tires are Nitto Trail Grapplers and the wheels are Fuel Sledge (matte black)

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
2” lift and 35’s, although I’m going to bump up to 37’s when these wear out
Yes it fits in the garage!
Great info. I'm pulling the trigger on a 19 Punk'd Rubi. My 1st mods will be Mopar lift with wheels and tires. Im glad it fits in garage.