PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
What engine is under that hood? Also what gears you running on? Im thinking of 4.56
3.6 non e-torque, stock 3.45 gears, manual transmission, limited slip rear axle. I took that picture right after running Rowher trail (rated "difficult" by Alltrails) which has extremely steep climbs. The limited slip worked great for me and I had no issues.

jakeirish

First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Website
fpvluts.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Software / Videographer / Video Editor
I hate to ask this question.. But have any Punk’n owners here had corrosion/rust issues and if so, did you successfully repair it? My paint is starting to chip and it’s only getting worse on the back tailgate.. I’m noticing that there is corrosion around the hinges of my doors too. Ive had this Jeep for 5 months, 14k miles.. Dealer says that my Jeep will need to be repainted by a body shop, but I keep reading stories about Punk’n paint not matching correctly on other Jeeps. Does the entire tailgate seriously need to be repainted or can a professional just fix the problem area? I guess the Punk’n paint also has glass flakes in it, so is there even a solve for that let alone? Jeep won’t provide me the factor paint which is incredibly frustrating (granted it’s discontinued). Any solves to this? Hoping for a success story. Located in SoCal but willing to drive somewhere near by, or out of state if there’s a fix.
573B9D18-AAF8-4E3A-AF60-05D53180B588.jpeg
779D40D0-7E81-4919-881E-26D9E224A218.jpeg
3396390E-3503-4C6A-90D8-8F900E98569E.jpeg

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 Kawasaki Z900, 2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I hate to ask this question.. But have any Punk’n owners here had corrosion/rust issues and if so, did you successfully repair it? My paint is starting to chip and it’s only getting worse on the back tailgate.. I’m noticing that there is corrosion around the hinges of my doors too. Ive had this Jeep for 5 months, 14k miles.. Dealer says that my Jeep will need to be repainted by a body shop, but I keep reading stories about Punk’n paint not matching correctly on other Jeeps. Does the entire tailgate seriously need to be repainted or can a professional just fix the problem area? I guess the Punk’n paint also has glass flakes in it, so is there even a solve for that let alone? Jeep won’t provide me the factor paint which is incredibly frustrating (granted it’s discontinued). Any solves to this? Hoping for a success story. Located in SoCal but willing to drive somewhere near by, or out of state if there’s a fix.
I have the bubbles around my door hinges since I saw the first thread about the issue a couple weeks ago. Have not gone to the dealer yet but I will need to have my doors serviced. The hood and tailgate are ok for now on my Punk'n. :headbang:

jlang

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited, 2016 Rubicon, 2019 GC
2” lift and 35’s, although I’m going to bump up to 37’s when these wear out
Yes it fits in the garage!
Great info. I'm pulling the trigger on a 19 Punk'd Rubi. My 1st mods will be Mopar lift with wheels and tires. Im glad it fits in garage.

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement