Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
Dumb question likely, and I didn't go through the entire thread. Do Rubicons with the factory black leather option come with red stitching even when paired with the Punk'n orange exterior?

For perforated leather like the above poster has, it seems you get the center console, door cards, dash top, etc of the fabric option, versus the leather covered ones that come with the standard leather options.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Dumb question likely, and I didn't go through the entire thread. Do Rubicons with the factory black leather option come with red stitching even when paired with the Punk'n orange exterior?

For perforated leather like the above poster has, it seems you get the center console, door cards, dash top, etc of the fabric option, versus the leather covered ones that come with the standard leather options.
Not a dumb question. I got the black leather on my Rubicon and it has red stitching. At least it coordinates with the other red bits on the Rubi.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

Yes.

Correct. The perforated leather upgrade is aftermarket and all you get are the seats. The Jeep comes with the cloth interior so you don't get the leather dash, arm rests, trimmed in leather like the factory leather option.

Sponsored

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
Not a dumb question. I got the black leather on my Rubicon and it has red stitching. At least it coordinates with the other red bits on the Rubi.
Thanks. Now, if only Mrs Piloto would be ok with it. Trying to get her to warm up to the tan interior...I'm hoping to do whatever it takes to get the Punk'n exterior.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Thanks. Now, if only Mrs Piloto would be ok with it. Trying to get her to warm up to the tan interior...I'm hoping to do whatever it takes to get the Punk'n exterior.
Good luck! For me the color was absolutely the first and most important thing. It HAD to be Punk’n. I’ve always wanted an orange vehicle and I’m loving this color.

I debated on the color of the leather, but decided on black because I had black leather on my Miatas and always had the top down so knew about a hot bum. I also liked the consistency of all black in the interior.

Plus, Giants colors .

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Yes.

Correct. The perforated leather upgrade is aftermarket and all you get are the seats. The Jeep comes with the cloth interior so you don't get the leather dash, arm rests, trimmed in leather like the factory leather option.
Yep. And that’s why I went with the black leather. I needed it all to match. Just weird that way.

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Yes.

Correct. The perforated leather upgrade is aftermarket and all you get are the seats. The Jeep comes with the cloth interior so you don't get the leather dash, armrests, trimmed in leather like the factory leather option.
The perforated leather seats actually aren't aftermarket. It was an option on the order sheets at the dealership and was factory installed.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
It doesn't matter if they are made by Katzkin. They are still Mopar branded and installed by the factory, carrying the same warranty as the red stitched leather and cloth seats.
Sponsored