Berrypunch

First Name
Fats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser GXR
Hello fellow Jeepers!

This might be a controversial post, and also a very stupid one, but I need to rant and my family is tired of hearing about this. So basically, owning a Wrangler has always been a dream of mine. Lime green is my favorite color so I'd dreamt of owning a Gecko green JK and then obviously a Mojito. Flash forward to late 2019, I finally have the opportunity to purchase my dream car, and I see a Bikini displayed outside the dealership and absolutely fell in love! I pushed Mojito aside and knew I had to have the Bikini. However, when I go inside, I find out they only have one 2019 2 door available and in Punk'n. Coincidentally, orange has always been my least favorite color (although I do like the color of Punkn as it's more of a blood orange shade). Anyway, I had no options as we only have one dealer in my country, and my only other option was ordering a 2020 model which would take months to arrive and cost me thousands more.

It has now been almost 5 months since I brought home my Punkn, and although I love driving it so much, I cannot help but feel sad when I think about how much more I would have liked it had it been in Bikini or even Mojito. It's a little upsetting knowing I was finally able to buy my dream car on my own, but it not being in a color I chose. I think it's also the fact that both shades are so uncommon here and I have yet to see a Bikini on the roads, but have seen multiple Punkns. I just know that when I see a Bikini on the roads, my heart will break.

So anyway, rant over! I just wanted to know if anyone had any similar experiences or advice on how to get over this stupid obsession. Does it get better? :LOL:
Sponsored

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Hello fellow Jeepers!

This might be a controversial post, and also a very stupid one, but I need to rant and my family is tired of hearing about this. So basically, owning a Wrangler has always been a dream of mine. Lime green is my favorite color so I'd dreamt of owning a Gecko green JK and then obviously a Mojito. Flash forward to late 2019, I finally have the opportunity to purchase my dream car, and I see a Bikini displayed outside the dealership and absolutely fell in love! I pushed Mojito aside and knew I had to have the Bikini. However, when I go inside, I find out they only have one 2019 2 door available and in Punk'n. Coincidentally, orange has always been my least favorite color (although I do like the color of Punkn as it's more of a blood orange shade). Anyway, I had no options as we only have one dealer in my country, and my only other option was ordering a 2020 model which would take months to arrive and cost me thousands more.

It has now been almost 5 months since I brought home my Punkn, and although I love driving it so much, I cannot help but feel sad when I think about how much more I would have liked it had it been in Bikini or even Mojito. It's a little upsetting knowing I was finally able to buy my dream car on my own, but it not being in a color I chose. I think it's also the fact that both shades are so uncommon here and I have yet to see a Bikini on the roads, but have seen multiple Punkns. I just know that when I see a Bikini on the roads, my heart will break.

So anyway, rant over! I just wanted to know if anyone had any similar experiences or advice on how to get over this stupid obsession. Does it get better? :LOL:
If it makes you feel better, I have never once, bought a vehicle in the color I originally wanted (came up close once, had custom ordered one when factory/dealer messed up and they gave me more than 3k in accessories to make up for the error so I couldn't pass it) but I still liked all of them nonetheless and when it comes to a jeep, well, after the first few road rashes and dings and dents, the color kinda takes a second seat to your vehicle and you start loving it for all the dings and dents more than the color...;)

All those dings and dents are experiences and events you'll remember all your life afterwards and make you "bond" with your jeep. I would be tempted to say, yes, it gets better when you start customizing it as well to make it "your own".

If you see that many Punk'n around, then customize yours to make it special/different, most of us all do that, put stickers on it (they're really cheap) and then you can put whatever you want to make it "yours only" and then it won't matter that you see other Punk'n because it won't be the "same punk'n" as yours because you'll think of those little stickers or else that make you laugh or smile everytime you get in it or see it. Maybe thats all you need, maybe you hav'n't customized it enough yet...;)...thats also what the jeep life is about...:D...sometimes its as much fun to do than other stuff. I still remember the smile when I put some of the stickers I had on my old TJ back in the day and it was common, but I could recognise mine right away in a parking lot and I liked it for that even if it was a boring white.

if you want to call yours "bikini" just buy an orange bikini sticker and put in somewhere on your jeep windows and when people ask you tell them its your "bikini" jeep and then you'd get a weird look on their face and then you laugh...lol

finally, if you have the money, you can always have it painted if you can't sleep at night because of it....;)

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Hello fellow Jeepers!

If it makes you feel better, I plan on adding "punk'n" orange to mine....lol

weagle93

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I know exactly how you feel. I had a PUNK'N(orange is MY favorite color!) Rubicon that was custom ordered which I loved but it was a total loss in an accident after only 9 months. Fortunately, I was not injured.

When I went to get a replacement, PUNK'N had been discontinued and I had to get something off the lot since I could not wait on an order. I searched a wide area for two door soft tops but no PUNK'Ns to be found. I wound up getting a really good deal on a nicely optioned ocean blue sport.

I really like the blue but I really miss my PUNK'N. I have been adding orange accents(decals, grab handles, etc) which in my opinion work well with the blue and I am just really glad to be back in a Jeep of any color.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Well, I like you waited and planned. The planning was 2-3 years. I took countless pictures and even kept a mental record of what colors we saw most often around Southern, IN. Many colors, but we found that many that had any mods done to them were Black, White, Red or Dark Gray. So I wanted something different. Imagine that, a Jeep owner wanting to be a little different. So we selected Ocean Blue Metallic. They did not have what I wanted on the lot. I had already waited for nearly 3 years so I did not think that another couple months would be that bad. IT WAS EXCRUCIATING!!!!! LOL.

But, it finally arrived. My Jeep in the color that I wanted. NO REGRETS!!!!!

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
The only reason I sold my ‘17 JKR was because I saw one photo that had a bunch of Bikini colored JL’s being delivered in the Florida Keys. That photo had sun and shade so showed Bikini off pretty well.

I had to factory order mine and had anxiety the whole time I was waiting as I’d never seen the color in person....was it the right choice? When it finally arrived I wasn’t completely sold on it until I started modifying to make it look a little less “pretty” and a bit more purposeful.

That may not help but I’m another for modify it until you love it.

D33B58A3-88C5-4D6C-89E3-A8C183B50C97.jpeg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am very particular about color. But I have yet to see a color that doesn't look good on a built Jeep.

To be honest when I first saw Punk'n it didn't really do anything for me. But I've seen some well-built ones since that have really blown me away.

So I agree with the others - customize it a little and make it pop and you will love it.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
The only reason I sold my ‘17 JKR was because I saw one photo that had a bunch of Bikini colored JL’s being delivered in the Florida Keys. That photo had sun and shade so showed Bikini off pretty well.

I had to factory order mine and had anxiety the whole time I was waiting as I’d never seen the color in person....was it the right choice? When it finally arrived I wasn’t completely sold on it until I started modifying to make it look a little less “pretty” and a bit more purposeful.

That may not help but I’m another for modify it until you love it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Punk'n vs Bikini D33B58A3-88C5-4D6C-89E3-A8C183B50C97
Where did you get that plate that recovery hook is on?

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get that plate that recovery hook is on?
That’s a Maximus3 piece - Warn does one very much like it for less but I have no idea about the quality of it.

Sponsored

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I originally wanted Punkin', then back and forth with Ocean Blue, Bikini, Sting Ray, etc. Finally decided as long as the color wasnt like everything else out there I would be happy(no offence to black and silver owners) then looked at the Hella Yella in person and that was it.

Long story short, when I located the Jeep I wanted, I ended up with a color I didnt even entertain initially and love it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Punk'n vs Bikini 20200522_154744

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Punk'n or Bikini....heck they are both beautiful. Nobody but you can say which is right for you. I spotted my punk'n a block away from the dealer one afternoon, bought her the next day. It was one of them love at first sight things:involve:

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Man that Bikini 2 door Jeep with Tan Top and Saddle Leather... I would take full advantage of JEEP's 0 incentives and no payment for 120 days and get the color you want.
-I am tired of this color now and its only been 2 years
- I love modding my Jeep now but really rather spend the money on my Jeep color that I really want long term.
- Hey there goes my Bikini Jeep, I am still sleeping at night
Love my FR and GCM 2018's and my Hydro Blue Pearl JT (Bought because I could not get Bikini.)

-Screw it and go to dealers not in your Jeep
-Better have someone drop you off
-Already researched the Bikini Jeep you want
-Test drive on long highway for your level of steering.
-Take MSRP and multiply by 16%
-Offer $300 less than this amount
-Final offer don't budge
-Walk down the street for a break 20 minutes, play there game.
-Get full disclosure of all line items and fees and extra charges in writing on the final sales form
-Print out the actual MSRP sticker and have it with you in front of sales person and manager.
-Watch out for dealer in final line items adds $4240 or more to MSRP so you think I am ready to get the hell out of here..let me just sign...Dealer Trick.
- Refuse the cost of all add on's to the MSRP sticker. (I like the Jeep but did not ask for anything else so that's on you for gambling with MY Money.
-Offer cash(bluffing) and already approved with Chrysler Capital and REPEAT..Tell the sales person and manager that you do not authorize any requests for your credit score to be pulled.
-Dealer tried to pull a hard credit from 9 different sources but I never gave him my SSN or any income.
-Do NOT on the application for credit or any dealer form provide your SSN or any amount of income.
-The dealer will pull all three credit bureaus scores but most time they are different enough in score the dealer will pick the lowest to try to gain some points in financing.
EX:
As the credit bureaus do not sync data between each other until 30 to 90 days later
- Always know all three scores before you let the dealer choose for you with some lame excuse about that's your score so here is the rate from some Hillbilly Cousin finance guy.

The dealer has no leverage and still will make about $975 off the deal.
Drive home in your color JEEP happy.
Make this yours now with lots of parts or none.
Wait a week and put your old Jeep up for sale on auto trader or take it to a used car dealer somewhere else for sale

So my story ends in a 2020 Bikini 2 door Rubicon Jeep with Tan Top and Saddle Leather, great deal last week to add to my current stable of JEEPS.

-Everyday is joy driving what my family loves about Jeeps colors.
Sponsored

Last edited: